Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2019 Thread

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Great to see the Pats lose so early, unfortunately Seattle didn't also - anyway here's hoping the 49'ers go all the way (from a Skins fan)

Any season when the Pats don't reach the Super Bowl is a good one. And we Dolphins fans can take some credit for nudging them into the wild card round so that they could have the humiliation of a home feat by the Oilers. Sorry, whatever the team in Nashville is called these days/

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The new Spring Football League XFL starts in the States on February 8 and will be televised over here on ESPN, ABC and FOX. It's supposed to produce faster play and less downtime. Be interesting to see where this goes. They've just published their rules. There is a New York team, New York Guardians, and they will play at MetLife stadium where the Jets and Giants play. Might try and catch a game to see what it's like

https://www.xfl.com/rules

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The new Spring Football League XFL starts in the States on February 8 and will be televised over here on ESPN, ABC and FOX. It's supposed to produce faster play and less downtime. Be interesting to see where this goes. They've just published their rules. There is a New York team, New York Guardians, and they will play at MetLife stadium where the Jets and Giants play. Might try and catch a game to see what it's like

https://www.xfl.com/rules

Yet another alternative to the NFL?

In 2019 there was the AAF (which, looking at Wikipedia, didn't manage to complete its season).

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Let the football weekend begin!

My friends in Green Bay emailed earlier to say they are due about 12 inches of the white stuff between now and Sunday....so we could have a proper snow game to enjoy!

All four games could be absolute corkers I reckon...but going with home wins in all of them!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Going with

Vikings
Titans
Texans
Seahawks

As Fignon's Ponytail says should be a corker. The Titans Ravens game is at 8.15pm here Saturday night - will be watching in my local which has a fair few Titans fans amongst its customers, got to fancy the Titans after they dispatched the Pats last weekend

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Going with

Vikings
Titans
Texans
Seahawks

As Fignon's Ponytail says should be a corker. The Titans Ravens game is at 8.15pm here Saturday night - will be watching in my local which has a fair few Titans fans amongst its customers, got to fancy the Titans after they dispatched the Pats last weekend

As a Browns fan (primarily), I really hope the Titans beat Baltimore...but Im just not sure they will, unfortunately. Really depends on how well Henry can run the ball. As the Packers are my 2nd team I have to go for them at home in Lambeau!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
49ers
Ravens
Texans
Seahawks

That's my picks too.
Cousins had a big game last week, not sure he can do it again. Can't help thinking that the Titans will also run out of steam. Looking forward to the Mahomes v Watson match-up that could be a corker. Still not sure how the Packers managed to go 13-3 so think they could come to the end of the road against Seattle.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
49ers (would love the Vikings to win, so Seattle stand a chance of a home field Conference Championship, but somehow just can't quite see it.)
Ravens
Chiefs
SEAHAWKS!!!!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'd dearly love to be proved wrong, but it looks like it might be the end of the line for the Texans in Kansas City. Even though we turned over the Chiefs earlier on in the season at Arrowhead, the Texans haven't yet made the AFC Championship game. If they start as badly this weekend as they did last, it could get nasty. Even so, it should be a great shootout between 2 first round draft picks from 2017 (Mahomes 10, Watson 12) that both franchises traded up for. May the best gunslinger win.

Great to see the Titans make it through as well and make it 2 teams from the South in the last 4 of the AFC. Anything's possible as they showed in Foxborough, but it might be a step too far against MVP Lamar and the Ravens.

As for the NFC, the 49ers will make the home field advantage count, and the Seahawks will edge a close one at Lambeau.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This week I have mostly been watching variations of 'Rodgers Greatest Comebacks'.
(I can't imagine what it must be like supporting a team who can't draft QB's).

Anyhoo:-

49ers
Ravens
Don't care
Parker's.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Wow. Ravens totally self-destructing here, 28-6 down in the 4th quarter; two interceptions, one fumble and two failed 4th and inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow. Ravens totally self-destructing here, 28-6 down in the 4th quarter; two interceptions, one fumble and two failed 4th and inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the feeling...

...I've failed and fumbled a fair few 4th and inches, in my time. :lol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We're one game away from the AFC Championship being contested by 2 teams from the AFC South. :lol:

I don't know what the odds would've been for that at the start of the season, but Leicester's 5,000/1 would probably seem miserly in comparison.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here