Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2012 Thread

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Gamepass is only worth it if you support a crap team who's never on TV.

Or if you are a sad sap like me and just can't get enough games! My team get plenty of live coverage, but Gamepass gives me the chance to see EVERY team each week, albeit most are via "condensed", and I do love to trawl back through the archives to watch games again.

I'm a hopeless case, aren't I?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
watched Arkansas st v Oregon, bits of South Carolina v Vanderbilt, Clemson v Auburn and the Northwestern v Syracuse game is a beauty. I have no life :( Roll on week 2!

Oh yes, I watched Clemson vs Auburn as well. Forgot that one
:blush::blush:

Annoyed I missed the Syracuse game as USC have them next week, and its a live game I believe on Saturday night.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Or if you are a sad sap like me and just can't get enough games! My team get plenty of live coverage, but Gamepass gives me the chance to see EVERY team each week, albeit most are via "condensed", and I do love to trawl back through the archives to watch games again.

I'm a hopeless case, aren't I?

Not at all, I've borrowed a mates gamepass plenty of times and I love it, but with the black out games I've decided not to get it.

As the Bengals have got better over the last few seasons they seem to show them more on the telly, especially when up against Baltimore or Pittsburgh so decided its not worth the extra.

Plus I can usually find an illegal feed of all the Bengals games:thumbsup:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Panic over. TV deal done. Sky to show over 60 live games plus plyoffs and SB

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Panic over. TV deal done. Sky to show over 60 live games plus plyoffs and SB

3yr deal so presumably they won't do this to us next year!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
gamepass is bloody brilliant - if just for the condensed games alone. the condensed game is is superb. yoou just don't see any clock wasting, the bits inbetween plays, stops for ad breaks, end of quarters etc. it is brilliant to watch a full game, see every single snap of the ball but it not take 3 hours. run it through the tab onto the tv and it's a crystal clear picture.

i watch my bears live, but then watch almost all of the other games as above. can't beat it. i wish the ncaa would do something similar.

the clemson auburn game was good, andre ellington looks good.

shaolin. you could have done worse than denver (but also much better!) i think if peyton lasts the season and doesn't get walloped around the neck in week one they are going to surprise a few people this year.

quietly confident about da bears this year. i think cutler and brandon marhsall back together could be just what our offense needs. i think marshall will have a big season. our o line is improved a little with players back from injury and thankfully mike martz is gone so we have hopefully seen the last of those blasted seven step drops and sack that were such a frequent part of our play last year.

i don't think the nfc north is as sewn up as people make it out to be. the lions are one dui or drugs charge away from having half the team sat on roger goodells naughty step for the season, rb is all up in the air (don't think we'll see best play again) and they have a few questions in other positions. green bay are all about rodgers, i don't rate benson at all and don't think they are as good as people think. the vikings are just there to make up the numbers.

i have done a £10 accumulator bet on every division winner with stan james
patriots
ravens
texans
broncos
eagles
bears
saints
seahawks

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
gamepass is bloody brilliant - if just for the condensed games alone. the condensed game is is superb. yoou just don't see any clock wasting, the bits inbetween plays, stops for ad breaks, end of quarters etc. it is brilliant to watch a full game, see every single snap of the ball but it not take 3 hours. run it through the tab onto the tv and it's a crystal clear picture.

i watch my bears live, but then watch almost all of the other games as above. can't beat it. i wish the ncaa would do something similar.

shaolin. you could have done worse than denver (but also much better!) i think if peyton lasts the season and doesn't get walloped around the neck in week one they are going to surprise a few people this year.

quietly confident about da bears this year. i think cutler and brandon marhsall back together could be just what our offense needs. i think marshall will have a big season. our o line is improved a little with players back from injury and thankfully mike martz is gone so we have hopefully seen the last of those blasted seven step drops and sack that were such a frequent part of our play last year.

i don't think the nfc north is as sewn up as people make it out to be. the lions are one dui or drugs charge away from having half the team sat on roger goodells naughty step for the season, rb is all up in the air (don't think we'll see best play again) and they have a few questions in other positions. green bay are all about rodgers, i don't rate benson at all and don't think they are as good as people think. the vikings are just there to make up the numbers.

patriots
ravens
texans
broncos
eagles
bears
saints
seahawks

ESPN do College pass for around £80.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

patriots
ravens
texans
broncos
eagles
bears
saints
seahawks

Did an accy too. I have

Patriots
Steelers
Texans
Chiefs
Eagles
Packers
Saints
49ers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
how are you watching the games? are they all on espn america? really want to be able to watch the Oregon games this season
Google the match before kick off.
I had plenty of Packers matches, live feed options, to choose from, last season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
how are you watching the games? are they all on espn america? really want to be able to watch the Oregon games this season

I would imagine a lot of Oregon games will be on ESPN America this year, not sure how many will be live though. The new PAC-12 Network tv deal seems to have muddied the water so I'm not sure what the coverage will be this season. I have radio commentary on the Oregon premium i-phone app and may re-investigate O-Zone on the Ducks site.

ESPN America's coverage is superb and highly recommended.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Giants enter tonight’s opener against the Cowboys with a front-four pass rush that can single handedly control a game. IMHO this pass rush with Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora and Jason Pierre-Paul is the best in the league. The Cowboys back four were amongst the worst last season. Also some bad blood from Giant’s tight end Martellus Bennett against his former team. Giants by 3.

Super Bowl pick, Patriots over the Bears. Have you seen the Pats schedule? It's the easiest in the NFL. Chicago pops up as an elite NFC team every other year it seems.

Quote of the day – “I know I’m a great coach….it’s hard for me to look at myself as not being successful. I don’t see getting fired as a possibility” – Rex Ryan. Sure Rex, whatever you say.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
PM going to The Skins would mean him playing his bro, twice a year.
Plus as Manning pretty much plays as offensive coordinator, what happens to the coaches son?

Arizona may well be the fit, or :cough: Denver :cough:

He's going to want to be competitive right from the off, he only has 2 seasons left, and every throw could be his last.

Miami will be in for Flynn, Luck to the Colts and Rams are sticking with Bradshaw.

So unless Manning's deal frees up a good solid QB, that the Skins could go after, it's RGIII.

End of thread Stat has spoken :lol:
I'm looking for something else and saw this from March.

Get in!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There seems to be a fair few Skins fans on this thread.
You might want to check out my favourite podcast:-

ESPN 980 - WASHINGTON D.C.

Tony Kornheiser, he of PTI, Washington centric ESPN radio programme.
Another shout out for TK.
He's back from his summer holiday, and still my favourite podcast.

As said, it's sports radio centred in Washington, Skins/Natnals heavy.
It's also a great insight into all things America.

Today, first show back covers The Natnals, College football, 'Skins, Olympics, Clint Eastwood, knee problems, walking @ 2mph, and driving through Bethesda!.

Think Victor Meldrew constantly being knocked down a peg or 2, by his side-kicks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here