Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2012 Thread

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Jets mullering the Bills 24-7 at the end of the 2nd quarter. Always amuses me that the Bills are the only NY team that actually plays in New York State

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're mad!!

In my Fantasy League Brees averaged over 36 points per game last season. Cutler was 17.
If only they played one half.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Saints have been pretty shocking, but aren't out of it yet.
Squeaky bum time, x2.

I hope the skins see this out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Loads of penalties in the first half of the Packers.
In fairness most do seen to be genuine, but it's very stop start.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Record equaling 63 yard FG from the Niners.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Some cracking games, i used to play for Brighton b52s and for hertfordshire uni, i won both national and international recogntion, still my fav sport, my fav team is 49ers and enjoying the game vs Packers who i hate, i have had the chance to meet Joe Montana, Jerry rice who i threw the ball around with and had pics taken with the miami dolphin cheerleaders which was sweet.
I also have watched the detriot lions classic game and won on the last drive as usual, i like the lions since Barry sanders days who was my icon as played running back myself, and the brillant shootout between saints and redskins was good, a great start to week 1, just hope 49ers hold onto brillant win away to Packers who will be one of best teams this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some cracking games, i used to play for Brighton b52s and for hertfordshire uni, i won both national and international recogntion, still my fav sport, my fav team is 49ers and enjoying the game vs Packers who i hate, i have had the chance to meet Joe Montana, Jerry rice who i threw the ball around with and had pics taken with the miami dolphin cheerleaders which was sweet.
I also have watched the detriot lions classic game and won on the last drive as usual, i like the lions since Barry sanders days who was my icon as played running back myself, and the brillant shootout between saints and redskins was good, a great start to week 1, just hope 49ers hold onto brillant win away to Packers who will be one of best teams this season.
Which ever way these last 11 mins go, the refs have loved throwing those flags.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
This is why love american football, the packers looked like had the flow of game and then a error by Rodgers leads to Gores brillant td run and now a 15 point lead, come on 49ers. Kill the game off

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My last :bounce: for this, promise, but for all you 'Skins, and NFL fans:-

There seems to be a fair few Skins fans on this thread.
You might want to check out my favourite podcast:-

ESPN 980 - WASHINGTON D.C.

Tony Kornheiser, he of PTI, Washington centric ESPN radio programme.

I've not listened to it yet but today's programme will be RGIII/Skins, heavy with plenty of insight and speculation.

Another shout out for TK.
He's back from his summer holiday, and still my favourite podcast.

As said, it's sports radio centred in Washington, Skins/Natnals heavy.
It's also a great insight into all things America.

Today, first show back covers The Natnals, College football, 'Skins, Olympics, Clint Eastwood, knee problems, walking @ 2mph, and driving through Bethesda!.

Think Victor Meldrew constantly being knocked down a peg or 2, by his side-kicks.

This time last season Mister Tony was slurping the Kool-Aid and had the 'Skins in the Superbowl, much to the amusement of everyone else.
He's going to explode on today's show I'm really looking foward to it.
The Podcast is usually available from this evening.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What a win for the Skins yesterday, unreal performance on both sides of the ball. A great opening week all round and I expect the Bengals/Ravens game to be humdinger too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a win for the Skins yesterday, unreal performance on both sides of the ball. A great opening week all round and I expect the Bengals/Ravens game to be humdinger too.
I didn't do to bad fantasy wise either.
At least I think so, I'm still 90% unsure of what's going on!
That is until I realised I had The Bills defence :facepalm:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I didn't do to bad fantasy wise either.
At least I think so, I'm still 90% unsure of what's going on!
That is until I realised I had The Bills defence :facepalm:

Ouch! I did not se that beatdown coming, the Jets are normally terrible. I have Mario Williams in my defence, I would have expected more from the Bills D.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
so the Browns find another way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Bernie Kosar & Webster Slaughter were honorary captains for the game last night - perhaps it wouldve been better if theyd just suited up and played? They couldnt have done any worse than the offense out there....thank god for a decent effort by the defense.
garethjamesuk; what years did you play for the B52s? - I did too for the junior setup in the late 80s / early 90s.....

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
so the Browns find another way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Bernie Kosar & Webster Slaughter were honorary captains for the game last night - perhaps it wouldve been better if theyd just suited up and played? They couldnt have done any worse than the offense out there....thank god for a decent effort by the defense.
garethjamesuk; what years did you play for the B52s? - I did too for the junior setup in the late 80s / early 90s.....

You have to ask yourself why Shurmur didn't go for a 2 point conversion when you ran back the pick 6 .

Poor, very poor.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Packer v Bears is listed as 20:20 kick off, on Thursday.

So would that make it 01:20 Friday morning, here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here