Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2012 Thread

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It seemed like a Packers Superbowl defence from both team, but mainly the Redskins.
That being, 'you can have all 80 yards to do whatever you want in, but we WILL stop you from the 20'.

As false as Fletcher's miking is, no in game action!, it still didn't stop him playing a blinder.

Classic bend don't break defence, it's risky but considering how bad that unit has been all year it was a sterling effort to limit the Giants to just the one td. London Fletcher is a beast, although I did actually see him miss a tackle tuesday morning!

Another superb week in the NFL, an awesome final drive from Andrew Luck to earn the Colts another win and a fine road trip for the underrated Russell Wilson and the Seahawks. With Tannehill doing ok for the Dolphins it's been quite a year for this QB class.

We also had the Cards 6 Jets 7 just in case anyone was getting too excited.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Being a huge believer in sods law, I'm seriously kicking myself over The Wizards.

When I saw they were playing the Heat, my knee jerk reaction was 'bet they win'.
I even thought about checking the odds, but my memory didn't hold for the 30 secs needed to open a new window.

Then while listening to Tony Kornheiser's post 'Skins, pre Wizards podcast, I had the same thought as he was ripping into the Wiz.

Although they wouldn't have won, had I wagered on them.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I imagine the Wizards will still be decent odds in most of their games this season. I am stunned that they beat my Trailblazers the other day. Now there is a mediocre franchise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I imagine the Wizards will still be decent odds in most of their games this season. I am stunned that they beat my Trailblazers the other day. Now there is a mediocre franchise.
Nah the next bet would be not winning again for the rest of the season.

As I said, 'Sod's Law - That Just Typical' plays a big part in my pessimistic life :lol:

Oh I'm not really an NBA supporter, I kind of know what's going on, but yet to watch or want to watch a full game.
Which puts it just above MLB, but not even on the same planet as NFL, when it comes to me and US sport.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Nah the next bet would be not winning again for the rest of the season.

As I said, 'Sod's Law - That Just Typical' plays a big part in my pessimistic life :lol:

Oh I'm not really an NBA supporter, I kind of know what's going on, but yet to watch or want to watch a full game.
Which puts it just above MLB, but not even on the same planet as NFL, when it comes to me and US sport.

I agree football rules, it's such a great game at pro and college level.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Apparently Jets 3 Redskins 0 in 1993 I think there may have been one or two more in the Superbowl era too.

Apparently there have been scoreless draws back in the pre-Superbowl modern era.

I think there was one more recently, in God-awful whether in Pittsburgh I seem to think. No idea who they were playing.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think there was one more recently, in God-awful whether in Pittsburgh I seem to think. No idea who they were playing.

I think I know the game you are talking about it may have been the Browns. I was struggling to recall that one. Time for google I think.

It's the Dolphins.!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Apparently Jets 3 Redskins 0 in 1993 I think there may have been one or two more in the Superbowl era too.

Apparently there have been scoreless draws back in the pre-Superbowl modern era.

I think it was this one.

Check out the condition of the field.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some big games about to kick off.

I'll be glued to The Packers, good old wiziwig.tv.

RG Threesus, is out for the 'Skins, piling a pooh load of pressure onto Cousins.

Scratch Jacksonville and Tampa and the rest of the roster is huge.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
...and so the AFC South was retained by the Texans.

Bit of a nervy game, but any win was going to be good after Monday night's destruction at the hands of the Pats.

2 games left to secure the top spot with the Broncos and Pats breathing down our necks.

Hoping Indy win next week and clinch a wildcard spot, as I don't fancy the Texans going there in the final game to secure home field advantage if the Colts have to win.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A few dodgy ref calls saw the Packers home.

Although the Bears offered nothing, and deserved nothing, not a single 3rd down conversion.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The Steelers have finally woken up. Still can't see them doing much in the playoffs if they do make it. That's been a pretty weak division this year.

The AFC North? They have the Ravens in and the Bengals and Steelers looking at a wildcard, hardly weak. The Browns would have won more games had their coach not been so gutless

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I proabably meant comparitively weak compared to recent years. Both Baltimore & Pittsburg have had tough seasons. The Bengals are still soemthing of a work in progress, there are far weaker divisions elsewhere, granted.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bucs were doing well but now lost 4 on the bounce :(

Last week loosing by a point in the final second summed it all up really. Both pre-bowl players out (and they're only guards). We finally have an offense after 20 years, and the defense has gone to pot. Few good youngsters but we'll see what happens.

Quite pleased with the new coach though and how we drafted this time. Next year will be our year if we can keep more than 1 of our great OL fit to protect the big 3 skill players and add some average bodies on D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here