Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2012 Thread

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
So the Tebow thing isn’t working out at the Jets – well that’s a really big surprise.

Thing is I can’t see other clubs queuing up as he hasn’t really done a lot at the Jets and he was the worst rated QB last season. I think if it wasn’t for the “Tebowing” stunt this guy would be almost invisible.

Jets to trade Tebow as deadline approaches ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
eagles next game is vs the falcons who are 6 and 0, so at 3 and 3 eagles have their work cut out

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As this thread is here.

What the f**k were the Steelers wearing.

The 'Skins uniform was pretty sweet, this week.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
So the Texans came through a battle of attrition against the Bears to make it 8-1 for the season.

Tough games left include away at the Pats and home and away against in-form Indy. We could lose a couple of those, but I'm sure it won't be all 3.

Can't see us losing at home to the Jags or the Vikings and I think we'll have more than both the Titans and Lions on the road.

If we beat the Pats, 12-4 might be enough for the Home Field Advantage as Ravens still have 2 games against Pittsburgh as well as a tricky game against Peyton's Denver.

Exciting times at the Reliant...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had a bit of an NFL night yesterday.

I watched the Packers limp past the Lions, with just a couple of minutes to go.

I've also seen the highlights of Bobby 3 sticks making The Eagles look woeful.
I just need to remember Thursday's game when settling down for tea.
As well as Houston's scorefest with Jacksonville.

Some big games yesterday, fingers crossed for a niners win, tonight.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BBC News - Kansas City Chief NFL player kills himself

A player for the Kansas City Chiefs American football team has shot himself dead at the team's main stadium.

Media reports suggest the unnamed 25-year-old first shot a woman, believed to be his girlfriend, a few miles away.

He then reportedly went to a training facility at Kansas City's Arrowhead Stadium, where he killed himself.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
It's one of the main news items in the States at the minute. Very shocking and very sad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Chiefs are playing today. :ohmy:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It seems Green Bay detectives aren't the sharpest knives in the box.

An ugly brawl in the parking lot of a Green Bay sports bar involving 20 to 30 people resulted in jail for two people and a trip to the hospital for another, the Ashwaubenon police told the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

Officers charged a 40-year-old man from Lakeland, Minn. with felony battery after the incident, which took place shortly after the end of the Packers-Vikings game. A 50-year-old man was taken to the hospital after being knocked unconscious when he tried to break up a fight.

"Police radio broadcasts during the incident said authorities were seeking a man wearing a purple sombrero," Doug Schneider writes.

The police also arrested a Green Bay man for disorderly conduct. The police did not say whether the fight had anything to do with the football game. So, uh, we won't either.

We would advise any fans planning to get into trouble not to wear purple sombreros.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone else watching Giants v Skins?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Saw first half. Manning and Bradshaw were on fire - amazing performances.

All this miking up of players (London Fletcher in this game) is total bullshit - the player comes out with as many 'apparently natural' pumped-up soundbites as he can manage during the game - it's like the worst kind of 'reality' TV where the viewers are being taken for complete idiots by an unnecessary faux gimmick.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

What a game! I am still in shock at how the Skins were able to close that game out with 6minutes to go. The defence finally stepped up and helped the offence and the Skins now have an outside shot at the playoffs especially if they can exploit Flacco's nervousness in road games next week. Unbelievably RGIII is on the waiver wire of my fantasy league, so I picked him up this morning.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a game! I am still in shock at how the Skins were able to close that game out with 6minutes to go. The defence finally stepped up and helped the offence and the Skins now have an outside shot at the playoffs especially if they can exploit Flacco's nervousness in road games next week. Unbelievably RGIII is on the waiver wire of my fantasy league, so I picked him up this morning.
It seemed like a Packers Superbowl defence from both team, but mainly the Redskins.
That being, 'you can have all 80 yards to do whatever you want in, but we WILL stop you from the 20'.

As false as Fletcher's miking is, no in game action!, it still didn't stop him playing a blinder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here