Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official I've got a ticket but am now cacking myself over the travel arrangements

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep, I have a ticket out of Paddington which is unreserved. Looks like I better be there at 9am to ensure I get on at 10am.

:nono:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just worried about getting stuck in a traffic jam.

I'll probably get there much too early, but better that than miss the start.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Simster, If I were you id actually try for the 8:30 which will have loads of Albion on it but hardly anyone with unreserved seating!!!

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Simster, you better check you can even get as far the platforms. West Ham mate who booked through thetrainline has unreserved tickets for the 0800 on Saturday. He's just rung them and finds he has NO CHANCE of getting on the train. :angry: :angry:

My booking confirmation says 'we successfully reserved seats' but I'm still sweating it til I get the tickets with seat numbers through the post.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Willow said:
Simster, you better check you can even get as far the platforms. West Ham mate who booked through thetrainline has unreserved tickets for the 0800 on Saturday. He's just rung them and finds he has NO CHANCE of getting on the train. :angry: :angry:

My booking confirmation says 'we successfully reserved seats' but I'm still sweating it til I get the tickets with seat numbers through the post.

No need to sweat you will get reserved seats.

I'd like to know how anybody managed to get unreserved seats for the outward journey. I didn't think that was possible.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If all the reserved seats are full the train systems will sell you an unreserved seat.

It is always possible to book an unreserved seat.

From a travel logistics angle, playing Bristol City in Cardiff is the worst nightmare. Who knows how many 1000's, trying to get across the River Severn in a short period of time. Not even the option of flying there. I failed to get seats on the clubs charter train. My son has a habit of puking on coaches, so it looks like I'm gonna take my chances in the car, leaving at the crack of dawn to hopefully beat the exodus of Worzels from Bristol. What's to do in Cardiff on a Sunday morning before the pubs open? ???

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Still 1st class tickets left on the 8:30 !! only 51 quid.

See you on there Albion Dan and Willow!

Look out for the guy in blue and white in a Prescott mask.:lolol:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Zeitgeist said:
What's to do in Cardiff on a Sunday morning before the pubs open? ???

Go and bundle those in bed staying at HolidaY Inn.If they don't wake up,steal their breakfast.

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
I'm on the 10am from Paddington, booked through thetrainline.com. Just rung & they have confirmed seat reservation for me, apologised for only being able to reserve backward facing seat!!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Great Western told me yesterday that train was fully booked Johners.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Get the 8:30 1st class !!!!!

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
Brixtaan said:
Great Western told me yesterday that train was fully booked Johners.

Probably, I booked these tickets last Friday to collect using the e-ticket system at Paddington on the day, so I rang them to confirm the actual seat tickets. I would guess that anyone who has booked through the same source do the same for peace of mind.

Apologies if I misled people into thinking I had only just booked the seat.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've just rung Great Western who tell me I can still reserve seats at any major station. ???

Even if there's a f*** up on the train with multiple bookings per seat, at least I'll be able to get on the train.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here