Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Official' I'm watching England v Italy thread.

Dandyman

In London village.
Cracking goal from Defoe.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think we have been very good tonight. Amazing what simply playing a decent formation and the likes of Carrick central can do for your ball retention :)

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Well played England, 4-3-3 played some good football and held on to possession a lot more than usual. Cleverley had a great game, I think a midfield 3 of Him, Rodwell and Wilshere is the future of English football.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
what was the score i couldn't be bothered

Italy 1 - 2 England.

Italy took the lead, then England pulled one back. 1-1 at half time. Late on Defoe scored a very good goal. We had the ball in the net a couple of other times, but fouls had been called in the build up.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Kept the ball so much better than in the Euros and that was mainly down to Carrick and Cleverly. We also seem to be a much better team when Rooney doesn't play.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
We also seem to be a much better team when Rooney doesn't play.

What? Surely not! Rooney is our best player by far! He sets the international stage alight with his silky skills and explosive finishing!

And he scored with an overhead kick against Man City 2 years ago so how can you possibly suggest that England play better without him?

Hants Gull

Jul 15, 2009
Zürich, Switzerland
I was at the game last night. I nearly didn't go for similar reasons to what were posted on here (timing of the game so close to start of season, not a sell out, almost a reserve team being put out). But I'm very pleased I went, especially as I was stuck amongst a load of Italy fans who were giving it large while they were 1-0 up! England played very well. We were a bit dodgy at the back at times, but going forward looked positive and passed the ball well. It was great to see the "new faces" doing so well (time to drop a few of "the old guard"). Both teams looked up for the match. So even if it is a friendly, and bad timing, I guess it's worth sticking behind England (until the next gut wrenching defeat in a major tournement)!! That's what being a football fan's all about, no?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was at the game last night. I nearly didn't go for similar reasons to what were posted on here (timing of the game so close to start of season, not a sell out, almost a reserve team being put out). But I'm very pleased I went, especially as I was stuck amongst a load of Italy fans who were giving it large while they were 1-0 up! England played very well. We were a bit dodgy at the back at times, but going forward looked positive and passed the ball well. It was great to see the "new faces" doing so well (time to drop a few of "the old guard"). Both teams looked up for the match. So even if it is a friendly, and bad timing, I guess it's worth sticking behind England (until the next gut wrenching defeat in a major tournement)!! That's what being a football fan's all about, no?
I take it from that:-

We will win the 2014 World Cup. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here