Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Corona virus C**T list

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This morning I would like to nominate the handful of patients who are refusing to be seen by a nurse in a surgery in York.
The nurse is British born but her heritage is from Hong Kong.
Unfortunately she is extremely upset about this but is being totally backed by her bosses.
Well, if you don't want to be treated by this nurse, then don't get treated at all, go away and put up with whatever is wrong with you.
This sort of story really makes my piss boil.

Any luck on the link yet Chops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Sounds a rum do. Have you a link to that story, please? :smile:

Shocking story please provide a linknplease��

Odd that you two are so quick to doubt this, racist abuse of medical staff is nothing new and the terminally stupid think this virus gives them another reason to spout their shit. I know in Chicken Run's case he'd rather be swapping bigoted jokes about how the health service is over run by foreigners than acknowledging it's propped up by people who may not be from these shores.
They should get our support, at all times.

Don't know about the story from York but have read of similar incidents.
https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/c...acing-abhorrent-abuse-from-public-20-03-2020/
"Many incidences have been racial"
Includes a story from Brighton no less.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-51465604

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rms-outside-work-hide-ID-badges-muggings.html

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Odd that you two are so quick to doubt this, racist abuse of medical staff is nothing new and the terminally stupid think this virus gives them another reason to spout their shit. I know in Chicken Run's case he'd rather be swapping bigoted jokes about how the health service is over run by foreigners than acknowledging it's propped up by people who may not be from these shores.

https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/c...acing-abhorrent-abuse-from-public-20-03-2020/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rms-outside-work-hide-ID-badges-muggings.html

mate.....you are just relentless aren't you...!!?? surely the skin on that drum of yours is wearing thin , there's no denying there are a lot of stupid people in Britain....stupid and lawless pricks , oxygen thieves , wastes of space , call them what you will....but unfortunately and unbelievably this is not a problem confined to Britain with health workers having rental agreements cancelled and being kicked out of digs all over the world....it really is a stunning indictment of the state peoples thought processes .......the racist tag just doesn't stick to this one i'm afraid....Manchester , Lewisham......crime for crimes sake.....my wife is a nurse and has not experienced any of this reaction......it's just an excuse to rob in my opinion and when the perpetrators are caught as they will be they need to be punished accordingly......Britain is basically in a state of emergency now , anyone using these circumstances to go on a crime spree needs some corporal punishment.....bring back the cat o 9 tales...:annoyed:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
mate.....you are just relentless aren't you...!!?? surely the skin on that drum of yours is wearing thin , there's no denying there are a lot of stupid people in Britain....stupid and lawless pricks , oxygen thieves , wastes of space , call them what you will....but unfortunately and unbelievably this is not a problem confined to Britain with health workers having rental agreements cancelled and being kicked out of digs all over the world....it really is a stunning indictment of the state peoples thought processes .......the racist tag just doesn't stick to this one i'm afraid....Manchester , Lewisham......crime for crimes sake.....my wife is a nurse and has not experienced any of this reaction......it's just an excuse to rob in my opinion and when the perpetrators are caught as they will be they need to be punished accordingly......Britain is basically in a state of emergency now , anyone using these circumstances to go on a crime spree needs some corporal punishment.....bring back the cat o 9 tales...:annoyed:

Sorry, what is your point? I was responding to a post about a racial incident, pointing out they happen. Are you denying that? "This is not a problem confined to Britain" er, right, yes I know that thanks. That first link was about abuse Nurses receive in general, not just racist anyway. Perhaps you should read stuff before wading in with your but it's not racist is it?? mantra.

Respect to your wife though. (For being a nurse obvs, not for putting up with you)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Sorry, what is your point? I was responding to a post about a racial incident, pointing out they happen. Are you denying that? "This is not a problem confined to Britain" er, right, yes I know that thanks. That first link was about abuse Nurses receive in general, not just racist anyway. Perhaps you should read stuff before wading in with your but it's not racist is it?? mantra.

Respect to your wife though. (For being a nurse obvs, not for putting up with you)

i did read it actually , a backlash against a British born nurse for being of Chinese heritage is indeed laughable .....but it's York after all , thick northern twatts .

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I’ve searched the internet looking for this horrid story but am struggling to find it, I’m basically searching “patients refuse to be seen by nurse in York”

Nothing comes up??? I’m beginning to think RC might have confused York with the New one across the pond??

that would seem far more likely......o d ing on lysol and sticking flouro tubes into themselves.......but won't see and Asian nurse...:clap2::clap2::dunce:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This morning I would like to nominate the handful of patients who are refusing to be seen by a nurse in a surgery in York.
The nurse is British born but her heritage is from Hong Kong.
Unfortunately she is extremely upset about this but is being totally backed by her bosses.
Well, if you don't want to be treated by this nurse, then don't get treated at all, go away and put up with whatever is wrong with you.
This sort of story really makes my piss boil.

Any chance of a link to this despicable story?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Agreed

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Obviously these horrific incidents happen, all I want to see is a link to the one Chopper so kindly bought to our attention.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I have no doubt that incidents, some reported, happen. But it is important that no-one posts unsubstantiated reports as fact. Posting something without the backup of a genuine article, only gives credence to those who would like to brush away any perception of racism and could very well encourage disbelief when a real story is related.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I have no doubt that incidents, some reported, happen. But it is important that no-one posts unsubstantiated reports as fact. Posting something without the backup of a genuine article, only gives credence to those who would like to brush away any perception of racism and could very well encourage disbelief when a real story is related.

Totally agree, @raleighchopper should come back to us with a link to his story!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did we know this:-

Net worth:
$US5.2 billion

2020 wealth gains: $US1.72 billion

Position: Cofounder and Senior Managing Director, Apollo Global Management

Industry: Finance and investments

Apollo is a major private equity firm that sees more than $US300 billion in assets, according to Forbes. Harris owns a stake in several sports teams, including NHL’s New Jersey Devils, the English Premier League’s Crystal Palace Football Club, and the NBA’s Philadelphia 76ers. The latter team has more than quintupled in value since Harris purchased it in 2011 with a consortium for $US290 million.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I have no doubt that incidents, some reported, happen. But it is important that no-one posts unsubstantiated reports as fact.

I mostly agree but I'm not sure this is always applied evenly - We're often being told that people on benefits are enjoying large screen TVs, a Sky subscription, fags and booze etc etc and THAT's why they have to use food banks, there's no real poverty. This is accepted as fact by many despite being preposterous and not standing up to any scrutiny. Even on this very subject we're informed, anecdotally, that someone's relative is a nurse and the NHS is coping fine, there isn't a shortage of PPE, it's just people nicking it. It goes unchallenged.....

Your broader point is right though, it's just given those who want to the opportunity to mock even though it's a much believable story given that we know similar instances have occurred.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

This is a valid comment but my post was aimed at specific posters. One of which is only really interested in rubbishing any news related to racial incidents.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I mostly agree but I'm not sure this is always applied evenly - We're often being told that people on benefits are enjoying large screen TVs, a Sky subscription, fags and booze etc etc and THAT's why they have to use food banks, there's no real poverty. This is accepted as fact by many despite being preposterous and not standing up to any scrutiny. Even on this very subject we're informed, anecdotally, that someone's relative is a nurse and the NHS is coping fine, there isn't a shortage of PPE, it's just people nicking it. It goes unchallenged.....

Your broader point is right though, it's just given those who want to the opportunity to mock even though it's a much believable story given that we know similar instances have occurred.

I think that anecdotal stories from a poster, of a personal nature in the way you describe are acceptable. As a reader, we need to judge whether we trust that person due to their posting history and whether we feel that they are so politically inclined to at the very least exaggerate or embellish in order to score political points. A story of the nature described would appear in the press and if it has not I would doubt its veracity.

Personally, I have two stories about PPE from friends. One is a doctor who works in Liverpool, he's a GP. He complained bitterly in the early weeks of the crisis about a lack of PPE for his surgery, this has been rectified but it was obviously not acceptable (he is a Tory btw). The other is a driver who takes patients all over Sussex, Surrey and London. He told me he had had PPE from the start and that every hospital he visits has had plenty of PPE. His wife is a physiotherapist, she also said her trust had plenty of PPE.

It is hard not to get on a bandwagon sometimes. In a crisis of this magnitude, undoubtedly many things have gone awry. Personally, weighing what I have heard from these two and other contacts, I think that the two stories represent something close to the truth. PPE has been patchy at times and some staff have had inadequate supplies. Other places have been fine. Certainly the govt need to learn lessons as some staff have been put in unnecessary danger and some have tragically died.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Any chance of a link to this despicable story?

It was on Breakfast TV........

Professor Mike Holmes, a GP in York, also appeared on the BBC Breakfast segment and claimed he has seen an increase in abuse towards staff at his surgery.

Acknowledging that support from the public on the whole has been 'amazing', he admitted: 'We have had a handful of incidents with one of our practice nurses where patients have refused to see her, asked to see other staff or thought she was increasing their risk of infection because of a perception around her heritage.'

Explaining that the nurse is British-born but her family come from Hong Kong, he went on: 'She felt really upset by this, then came to us for support. We were absolutely happy to stand beside her and support her.'

Dr Holmes said he is keen for patients to work with them to counter this sort of behaviour.

'We understand at unprecedented times like this, people are worried. But I think we feel that even with that level of worry, that's no excuse for discrimination,' he said.

'We feel NHS workers should not be discriminated against on any basis, whether that be race, gender, age, class.

'What we want to do is work with out patients to call for respect for diversity in the NHS and society and to raise the awareness that this happens, reflect on this and ask people to call it out to reduce the number of times it happens.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...s-shoplifter-threatened-spit-coronavirus.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here