Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Cardiff City vs Brighton & Hove Albion (Bad fans) Thread

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
why .Just because I think Dean Wilkins is a poor manager(I hope he proves me wrong)We really need to start filling withdean and playing shit football we will not.
And a poor start to the season will not help.Last year some of the home games under Wilkins were worse than the shit days at Gillingham

I agree that he has not been a great manager but we are stuck with him for a while as I cannot see Knight sacking a manager he recently gave a three year contract to. Everyone should get behind him and not criticise the team for losing in extra time against a Championship side.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
So, a typical League Cup match for us then. Surely it would be better if we didn't bother entering the competition in the first place, as we only ever waste everybody's time!! :)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
They stayed behind to clap the players off the pitch, sounds like they aren't as panic ridden as you.

Its only been 2 games, one we had the best of, the other against a Championship side.

How long you been following the Albion for?

You got it about right there Caveman - there wasn't a lot of panic from where I was standing: we clapped the team & they deserved it.

On the evidence of tonight I'm not worried for the season.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You got it about right there Caveman - there wasn't a lot of panic from where I was standing: we clapped the team & they deserved it.

It's a shame we didn't create many chances.Our midfield sounded poor.Elphick seemed to have a good game

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Yeah but what do you know? You were only THERE. We were listening to the COMMENTARY :rolleyes: :lolol: :albion2:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
So we lost an away cup tie in extra time to a team to a team that are a division above us, who led the Championship for months last year and who have the money to attract players like Robbe Fowler.

Some of the posts on this thread are moronic. GET A FCKUING GRIP! Bamber has gone. Peter Ward has signed for Forest, come back and retired. Jesus!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
According to that we have TWO managers!

And they feel the need to put the name of their manager in brackets whenever they say the word "manager" just in case they're not sure who it is. Whats that all about?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Probably because they don't know who their manager is.

Dario's moved "upstairs" but after that long in charge is anyone else really going to take the reins off him?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Harty hasn't made it to the match yet nor the Albion kit ???

The M25 was closed between junctions 8 & 9. The kit van was already on the M25 so had to try and get off and find an alternative route.
Our coach set off later so after picking some people up at Pease Pottage we headed for Guidlford, Bagshot, Bracknell and the M4.
Then there was another incident (pick up lorry and trailer blocking two lanes) at junction 15 of the M4 that brought us to a standstill for 30 mins. Two lots of roadworks (one at Cardiff by junction 32) forced us to drive at slow speeds so a lot of people were delayed.
We did get there just in time for a drink in the ground. :thumbsup:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I'm worried about this season, but not because of tonight. To be fair, we've gone to extra-time against an average/good championship side, so anyone deciding to panic on the back of that is outrageous.

Still, all the same problems are there. We have only one striker capable of scoring, and he will not be given the chances to do so. We didn't even have a shot tonight!! Our midfield consists of one decent player (Hammond), and one creative hope (Cox). The rest is absolutely pathetic. We are still playing players like Mayo in our starting line up, although hopefully tonight is a sign of things to come. Sorry for not being positive, up until three days ago I was a fan of Wilkins, but his start to this season has me doubting him big time. Rents should be left back, Reid must play in midfield, and Bas (the man who kept us up last year on his own) more than deserves his place upfront as opposed to some bloke who can just run. I cannot believe Wilkins hasn't made those choices, along with signing a central midfielder to take El Abd's place. The longer he persists with this lot, the more sure I become of a relegation battle, and the less support for him I have.

Oh, and it's nothing to do with a league cup match against Cardiff. It's the league where we'll be judged. Had we won 5-0 or lost 10-0 tonight our problems would have been the same. I just feel that our confidence, after last season, must be fragile to say the least - a good start is crucial this season, and Wilkins selection f***-ups (and total ignorance of our piss-poor midfield) are not helping.

A couple of things here, Ried is coming back from injury and did play last night.
Mayo didn't play. Savage came on and didn't do anything to note (again don't forget they have a better defence than any team we are likely to come up against this season in the league).

I wonder why the confidence may be low? Try reading so of the tut on here. It's enough to depress the most up beat person. :shrug:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
So we lost an away cup tie in extra time to a team to a team that are a division above us, who led the Championship for months last year and who have the money to attract players like Robbe Fowler.

Some of the posts on this thread are moronic. GET A FCKUING GRIP! Bamber has gone. Peter Ward has signed for Forest, come back and retired. Jesus!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:thumbsup: Agree with you totally JS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here