Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The official Andy d'Urso is a xxxx thread ***

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Looked like it might of been a dive from the very quick reply on SSN, but I couldn't be sure. I didn't think I saw any contact. Need to have another look.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
To be fair the penalty was a dive - shown on the big screens at ft. But we beat them anyway so who cares!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
f***ing appalling for a prem ref, we have had some shit already & only 6 games in!

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
he was shocking, he seemed to face the wrong way a hell of alot, how did he only book 2 sunderland players????

also seemed to me that ours players only had to blow them a kiss for freekick.

Thats 2 shocking refs i have seen at the amex already this season but d'twat was easily the worse

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm astounded by how many fouls sunderland conceded, yet they only got a couple of bookings. How ferdinand didn't get a yellow for consistent fouling or for the dissent he showed every time a decision went against him is incredible.

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
just got back...feel bad for sunderland fans, fair play to them for coming!
but i dont care if i see a million different angles of it, it has to be a pen. how is durso still at this level?? he should be in non league by now!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
One has come to expect his bias decisions but to try and head the ball back into the Sunderland box was f***ing pushing it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Text conversation with an Arsenal supporting mate on way to the game:

'Why does my heart sink when I find out that tonight's ref is Andy D'Urso?'

'Because he's a c**t'.

The man is almost a standing joke. Navarro got booked for a slight tug of a shirt in the middle of the park. LuaLua gets fouled four times in succession whenever he tries to go past their defenders. And they get off with nothing. And the penalty incident was beyond farcical. I was initially shouting abuse at the tw*t because I thought he'd let the keeper off with a yellow instead of a red!!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Brighton: 14 fouls 3 yellow cards
Sunderland 29 fouls! 2 yellow cards

The single most incompetent refereeing display I have ever seen. That foul on Painter in the second half of injury time was a straight red, D'Urso thinks it is not even a booking. The penalty I'll leave until I see it again but the rest of that display was simply a pathetic small man trying to buddy up to his premiership mates. He is not fit to referee, an embarassment to referees everywhere.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I wouldn't let D'Urso officiate kids' football - let alone the professional game. The Choccy Teapot of League Ref's.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I thought the ref's we had at Withdean were mostly crap!!

But now we have this lovely new stadium and they're even worse, and even more biased against us :wanker: How does that work? Do they have to change in a portakabin??

Some of his decisions tonight were absolute bollocks, how he is still on the ref's list I will never know!

Looking at some of the reports, Sunderland only got one booking :wozza:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
also seemed to me that ours players only had to blow them a kiss for freekick.

Maybe he can't differentiate between simulation and stimulation, so books both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here