Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fans welcome]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza , if the unthinkable happens on Sunday and we win how long do you expect the ketteling of us to one thread will continue ? Cheers chief .

My thinking is to have a single 'no holds barred' post-match thread where you lot can give it all you like, allowing the rest of us to lick our wounds without undue provocacation.

It may not be a perfect approach but if it keeps moderation light, stops people having to be warned/banned and keeps our advertising partners happy then it strikes me as a reasonable compromise.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
I hate the thought of Sunday - and yet cant wait. i sat in a premier inn room on tuesday in Barnsley in complete pieces after that result.

In the immediate aftermath Sunday was like waiting in the trenches before the first day of the Somme. You didnt want to go - you knew what was going to happen - but you had to go when that whistle blew.

Calmed down a little now. I am still wodnering what Buckley did 8 weeks ago that has lost his desire to beat people and now has developed a worrying bout of FDFNR (falling down for no reason) disease.

Anyway - a few beers before should loosen the shackles for me and hopefully I will not be wathcing a capitulation. Who knows. Perhaps the last couple of results have actually started to wind some of these boys up and regardless of who it is, are determined to put on a good show.

Or alternatively palace score in the first minute and the whole place just implodes.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], not sure if it goes against 'policy' or whatever, but if we lose how about limiting/preventing new members from joining for a couple of days? It should limit the abuse down to just by those who are currently signed up.
It should also stop people signing up for one-off posts or threads where they don't care about getting banned.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bozza, away fans can post on the main forums if they behave on the BBS.

There maybe half a dozen Brighton fans on there who have been posting for years and have got "pet" status. There are also some from northern clubs which are tolerated. I managed one post before being shunted into the away end and branded a gaylord Tarquin.

There maybe half a dozen Brighton fans on there who have been posting for years and have got "pet" status. There are also some from northern clubs which are tolerated. I managed one post before being shunted into the away end and branded a gaylord Tarquin.

But you ARE a Gaylord Tarquin :safeway::lolol:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
:) gaylord Tarquin ? That should have been your username . Still , going by your posts on here , it was a great piece of foresight :whistle:

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
From what I understand on the Palace site there is a main Palace sub-forum or sub-forums and an away sub-forum. Any away fan who demonstrates a sense of humour through to the out and out trolls are shunted to the 'away end' and that is the only place they are allowed to post. The sub-forum is visited by about 6 people and is largely a waste of space due to the minimal traffic that passes that way.

To all intents and purposes, in the build up to this game, is we've given you a dedicated thread that is not tucked away. It's highly visible to the 1000+ that are on here nearly all day every day.

Elsewhere on your site, Palace fans can rip the piss out of the Albion and everything associated with it and no-one has a right of reply. Albion fans deserve to be able to do the same here and, as it stood, that wasn't being allowed to happen due to a number of very prolific posting Palace fans who were always testing the line between decent posting and trolling.

It may not be perfect but it does seem to be working in keeping the forum running relatively smoothly and our most important users, Albion fans, seem to be largely happy.

:bowdown:

That sir, is an extremely reasonable answer. I thank you, especially seeing as I was a little more provocative than I should have benn - much appreciated.

I cant speak about the BBS, im from the HOL, and they can be a bit liberal chucking out the cautions - one of the things I liked about here was swearing and abuse was very much tolerated - after all its just people behind a keyboard and its water off a ducks back to me, although I know how people can get properly wound up.

Anyway just wanted to say cheers.

Nodnol

Nov 19, 2012
You soooooo don't mean this...:smile:

Why don't I?

Losing a derby is a gut-wrenching experience, especially in certain circumstances. Granted that's part of football, but at the end of the day, it's a game and isn't life and death.

Banter, p*sstaking, bragging rights etc etc aside, BHA and it's fans have something from me that not many other's do; respect. That though, means bugger all to most, but it means I'm not going to be illogical, deluded or a troll just because of a rivalry.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Leave it Reich, I supported you even during your Downfall on the BBS, even though all my 'backside' attempts to turn the red tide green were met with Inglorious failure.

I tried giving Londoner green as well , it was futile :shrug:

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
zaha.gif

whistle_zpsb0edd19d.gif

C

CT1

Why don't I?

Losing a derby is a gut-wrenching experience, especially in certain circumstances. Granted that's part of football, but at the end of the day, it's a game and isn't life and death.

Banter, p*sstaking, bragging rights etc etc aside, BHA and it's fans have something from me that not many other's do; respect. That though, means bugger all to most, but it means I'm not going to be illogical, deluded or a troll just because of a rivalry.

Your implying that its just a game, it's certainly is not!

Nodnol

Nov 19, 2012
Your implying that its just a game, it's certainly is not!

I meant football is a just a game, in the grand context of things. I hope we stuff you, but can't see it happening. Will depend on how Gus looks after Williams, and whether Murray is on form, as well who turns up on the night and brings their A game. That applies to both sets of players. Like I said early, it's bloody anyone's guess.

My thinking is to have a single 'no holds barred' post-match thread where you lot can give it all you like, allowing the rest of us to lick our wounds without undue provocacation.

It may not be a perfect approach but if it keeps moderation light, stops people having to be warned/banned and keeps our advertising partners happy then it strikes me as a reasonable compromise.

I suppose it's a compromise however I reckon people should only be banned for profanity, homophobic posts and threats, if you cant stand banter then don't give it out, I agree to a warning if a poster hijacks a thread.:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here