Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fans welcome]

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
Oh yes EVERYONE on the BBS knows a Brighton fan who really supports another Club and leaves the Amex on the 75th minute. I for one do not know ANY Palace supporters - that's because there fecking aren't any !

do you guys think that the BBS is the best and only Palace supporters site? Just wondering as I have never been on there apart from a quick look and it seems inferior to the HOL which I frequent. Is it seen as the main site for Palace fans by you guys? Likewise is this THE Brighton fans site?

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
Oh yes EVERYONE on the BBS knows a Brighton fan who really supports another Club and leaves the Amex on the 75th minute. I for one do not know ANY Palace supporters - that's because there fecking aren't any !

Yet, you have a signature highlighting our attendances? Who do you think it going to these matches? You are nuttier than squirrel poo.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Just on a side topic, where do you think this starting X1 plus subs would come over the course of a Championship season? Champions IMO.

Speroni

Bruno Upson Delaney Bridge

Zaha Bridcutt Jedinak Vicente

Williams

Murray

Subs
Kuszczak
Gabbidon
Lopez
Bolasie
Buckley
Ulloa
Phillips

I think that starting X1 is pretty fair but would expect most Albion to pick Kuszczak over Jules, and i must admit, that was my hardest call. But Jules has more experiance and has been on form lately so he gets the nod for me. Some team though, think it could survive in the Prem!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Just on a side topic, where do you think this starting X1 plus subs would come over the course of a Championship season? Champions IMO.

Speroni

Bruno Delaney Upson Bridge

Williams

Murray

Subs
Kuszczak
Gabbidon
Lopez
Bolasie
Buckley
Ulloa
Phillips

I think that starting X1 is pretty fair but would expect most Albion to pick Kuszczak over Jules, and i must admit, that was my hardest call. But Jules has more experiance and has been on form lately so he gets the nod for me. Some team though, think it could survive in the Prem!

Orlandi or David need to be in there definitely. They've been excellent for us this season.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Orlandi or David need to be in there definitely. They've been excellent for us this season.

I felt bad not including Orlandi, quality player. But he's up against Buckley and Bolasie for a place on the bench and that is some pretty tough competion out wide.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing

Speroni

Bruno Upson Delaney Bridge

Williams

Murray

Subs
Kuszczak
Gabbidon
Lopez
Bolasie
Buckley
Ulloa
Phillips

Good team, now I know it is all about individual views, but would put Kuszczak in over Speroni, as I dont think i have seen a better keeper this year and I would put Bolaise in for Zaha, i really think he does more for the team than Zaha, who in my view, does not deliver enough crosses, assists or goals. Cant say I have ever noticed Jedinak, but I know he is rated by you guys, he has to be good to mentioned in same breathe as Bridcutt. I wonder what the Champ team of the year would be, I would say Kuszczak, Bridcutt, Murray, Bridge, Zaha (yes I know, but i dont vote) would be in it and the others all have a chance

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
The mods have turned this place to rubbish over this week - way too over sensitive and restricting banter and wind ups etc. real shame to suddenly come over all communist - kicked off with them deleting that opening post - no freedom of speech here eh ? Colossal over-reaction to the big game coming up.

Ah yes I'm sure I can just jog on, but why not make it a private members site if you're that precious ? I wonder how the companies that could advertise would view this, as a public site ? Or is it just power hungry mods a using the worlds smallest amount of power to make themselves feel big and important ? Poor show.

Could you not just create an 'away end' part of the forum and solve all the problems at once ? This seems a good quality message board so literally, what's stopping that happening ?

Last edited:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Good team, now I know it is all about individual views, but would put Kuszczak in over Speroni, as I dont think i have seen a better keeper this year and I would put Bolaise in for Zaha, i really think he does more for the team than Zaha, who in my view, does not deliver enough crosses, assists or goals. Cant say I have ever noticed Jedinak, but I know he is rated by you guys, he has to be good to mentioned in same breathe as Bridcutt. I wonder what the Champ team of the year would be, I would say Kuszczak, Bridcutt, Murray, Bridge, Zaha (yes I know, but i dont vote) would be in it and the others all have a chance

Bolasie is a great player, can't believe we got him for 300k and i know that he played a blinder in the Selhurst game vs Albion so that's prob why you think he's better than Zaha. But trust me, when Wilf is on top form he is unstoppable. Hopefully he can bring that side of him to the Amex on Sunday!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The mods have turned this place to rubbish over this week - way too over sensitive and restricting banter and wind ups etc. real shame to suddenly come over all communist - kicked off with them deleting that opening post - no freedom of speech here eh ? Colossal over-reaction to the big game coming up.

Ah yes I'm sure I can just jog on, but why not make it a private members site if you're that precious ? I wonder how the companies that could advertise would view this, as a public site ? Or is it just power hungry mods a using the worlds smallest amount of power to make themselves feel big and important ? Poor show.

Could you not just create an 'away end' part of the forum and solve all the problems at once ? This seems a good quality message board so literally, what's stopping that happening ?

From what I understand on the Palace site there is a main Palace sub-forum or sub-forums and an away sub-forum. Any away fan who demonstrates a sense of humour through to the out and out trolls are shunted to the 'away end' and that is the only place they are allowed to post. The sub-forum is visited by about 6 people and is largely a waste of space due to the minimal traffic that passes that way.

To all intents and purposes, in the build up to this game, is we've given you a dedicated thread that is not tucked away. It's highly visible to the 1000+ that are on here nearly all day every day.

Elsewhere on your site, Palace fans can rip the piss out of the Albion and everything associated with it and no-one has a right of reply. Albion fans deserve to be able to do the same here and, as it stood, that wasn't being allowed to happen due to a number of very prolific posting Palace fans who were always testing the line between decent posting and trolling.

It may not be perfect but it does seem to be working in keeping the forum running relatively smoothly and our most important users, Albion fans, seem to be largely happy.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Is Bruno injured for this one? He was utterly terrible at Selhurst but I'm not one to judge a player based on one appearance especially given how much you seem to rate him.

I quite like the idea of Painter being one of your full backs though.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Painter is at Bournemouth on loan thankfully. Don't really think Bruno has been fully fit lately and I'm not sure he will play on Sunday. Calderon, Greer, Upson and perhaps Lopez as our back four. If either Bridge or Bruno are fit however I expect them to play.

Last edited:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I think to be fair Bruno was injured and should not have played, I remember him saying on Twitter that he had not slept the night before as he had a rib injury. I can assure you he is a very good player and back to his best, but think he is injured again, so dont think he will play on Sunday, which I think is good news for you. Based on the same logic, dont think Zaha is much as he was pretty poor against us at Selhurst, but I know he must be better than that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is Bruno injured for this one? He was utterly terrible at Selhurst but I'm not one to judge a player based on one appearance especially given how much you seem to rate him.

I quite like the idea of Painter being one of your full backs though.

He was phenomenal at the start of this season - the only other player we had (at the time) with technical ability anywhere near the level of Vicente. He then got a nasty achilles injury and had been fairly poor for the rest of the season, but seems to have rediscovered some of his old form over the past few weeks.

Regardless of what we think about him, he was a regular at Valencia until a couple of years ago, he's not "an old has been" etc, so when playing at his full he's absolute class at this level.

Nodnol

Nov 19, 2012
It's great to see civilised conversations between rivals, though I think that's more down to nerves and not wanting egg on their faces!

Be interesting to see what happens in the wake of Hollway and Zaha's FA charges, as well as missing players on either team sheet.

Got a feeling this one is going to be a home win, although I'd sell a kidney for a Palace win! Depending on Saturday's results, Sunday could be massive for both clubs, and I'm hoping for a real contest. 3 points at Selhurst was nice, but a bit of a shallow victory; nobody should be down to ten men in a derby; it can ruin what should be a great battle! Hopefully Sunday is 11 vs 11 and a great match. Good luck to everyone, because God knows what's going to happen.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Yet, you have a signature highlighting our attendances? Who do you think it going to these matches? You are nuttier than squirrel poo.

Put him on ignore mate, even most Albion on here can't stand him and his dull one trick pony act, the blokes a complete :tosser:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
It's great to see civilised conversations between rivals, though I think that's more down to nerves and not wanting egg on their faces!

Be interesting to see what happens in the wake of Hollway and Zaha's FA charges, as well as missing players on either team sheet.

Got a feeling this one is going to be a home win, although I'd sell a kidney for a Palace win! Depending on Saturday's results, Sunday could be massive for both clubs, and I'm hoping for a real contest. 3 points at Selhurst was nice, but a bit of a shallow victory; nobody should be down to ten men in a derby; it can ruin what should be a great battle! Hopefully Sunday is 11 vs 11 and a great match. Good luck to everyone, because God knows what's going to happen.

You soooooo don't mean this...:smile:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Bozza, away fans can post on the main forums if they behave on the BBS.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bozza, away fans can post on the main forums if they behave on the BBS.

Nope. I didn't troll at all and got shunted as soon as they realised I was BHA. It's embarrassing on there, it's like North Korea.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
From what I understand on the Palace site there is a main Palace sub-forum or sub-forums and an away sub-forum. Any away fan who demonstrates a sense of humour through to the out and out trolls are shunted to the 'away end' and that is the only place they are allowed to post. The sub-forum is visited by about 6 people and is largely a waste of space due to the minimal traffic that passes that way.

To all intents and purposes, in the build up to this game, is we've given you a dedicated thread that is not tucked away. It's highly visible to the 1000+ that are on here nearly all day every day.

Elsewhere on your site, Palace fans can rip the piss out of the Albion and everything associated with it and no-one has a right of reply. Albion fans deserve to be able to do the same here and, as it stood, that wasn't being allowed to happen due to a number of very prolific posting Palace fans who were always testing the line between decent posting and trolling.

It may not be perfect but it does seem to be working in keeping the forum running relatively smoothly and our most important users, Albion fans, seem to be largely happy.

Bozza , if the unthinkable happens on Sunday and we win how long do you expect the ketteling of us to one thread will continue ? Cheers chief .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here