Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL Albion are playing LIVERPOOL (A) in the Fifth Round Thread

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Gutted! Been to Anfield three times with the Albion. It is now difficult to justify a 150 day to probably lose to a team that I have been to many times. If it had been Everton there would be no stopping me, never been there.

Sent from Pippa Middleton's lingerie drawer.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Based on the fact that Newcastle are above Liverpool in the premiership, should be a doddle!!!!!!!!!

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
That's cool. I will look in a few minutes. I was relying on wikipedia's entry being accurate
Cup-tied - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even the wiki page you just quoted does not say that - you've misread the bit where in an example it says someone who plays in the league cup is not cup tied in the FA cup! It does not say anywhere on wiki that the cup tied rule does not apply to the league cup!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Carling Cup Rules are quite easy to google - I suggest you check before making such an incorrect statement!

I shall repeat my earlier post....

Check section 6.1 of the PLAYERS section in the competition rules, on the OFFICIAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE website..

It quite clearly states 'No player will play for more than ONE CLUB in the cup competition in ANY ONE SEASON'

I really wouldn't take Wikipedia as gospel pal.

Now can we put this one to bed please?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
as long as its not the Friday night or a Monday evening...Saturday or Sunday fine for me

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Vicente will get himself fit now ???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
great tie whether you watch it at Anfield or on the tv and another £750K or so in the club coffers. This season will be the biggest financially in the club's history by a long way

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Carling Cup Rules are quite easy to google - I suggest you check before making such an incorrect statement!

You're right. I stand corrected. Fair play.

Shows the perils of relying on Wikipedia!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Good chance of it being on tv hopefully. Behind Stevenage vs Spurs, Crawley vs Stoke and possibly Everton vs Sheff Wed though...

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
can't wait to find out if i can go or not

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am absolutely just ecstatic about this. I am originally from Liverpool but bleed Blue and White and have supported brighton from the age of seven. Im from just around Anfield and dont go up there much at all but to be abel to go to me dear old nan's, who is 92 and trot along through the red bricked houses that shelter Anfield and cheer on the seagulls is just beyond amazing. I have tears in my eyes. I am a very proud man right now. What a draw. (sorry if my spelling is shite but very emotional)

Who said the FA cup was dead?

Although from Sussex,i lived 14 years in Liverpool. One of the many houses i lived in was in Edith Road just about a hundred yards away from the Kop. Really cool pace to live although Anfield can be a little 'interesting'as a place to live lol!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here