Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL Albion are playing LIVERPOOL (A) in the Fifth Round Thread

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Jimmy Case OK

Don't park your car in Liverpool it will get nicked. If driving the coach throw Toxteth after the game, have armoured plated windows, or duck.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Winnable game.

Not necessarily. We have never lost there in the FA cup, but we have only one once. We are not going to win by more than one goal unless we get a replay.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I shall repeat my earlier post....

Check section 6.1 of the PLAYERS section in the competition rules, on the OFFICIAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE website..

It quite clearly states 'No player will play for more than ONE CLUB in the cup competition in ANY ONE SEASON'

I really wouldn't take Wikipedia as gospel pal.

Now can we put this one to bed please?

Are you Ernest in disguise ???

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
4pm sunday apparrently :moo:

FA 5th RND TIES DECIDED

Whether ESPN still have a pick or not is unclear. They have a contract to show up to 25 ties, and have an exclusive for 1 semi, and can show the final. Have no idea whether they're taking a pass on this round, or whether they're thinking of picking up the replays.

On Sunday, if ITV are showing Stevenage v Spurs at 2pm, it is unlikely there is a 4pm KO. Last round the earlier ITV game kicked off at 1.30pm so that ESPN had time for their build up ahead of the 4pm.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Can someone smarter than me help?

FA website has our game along with all others except Sunderland and Stevenage on Saturday at 3.00

But the ESPN schedule says there's a live cup game on Saturday lunch and Sunday tea times neither of which will be the above ... so they are still deciding which 2 these will be and then 2 will be taken out of the 3.00 Saturday? Given Stoke play Thursday they have to play Sunday?

So we are either 12.30 or 15.00 Saturday

Would that be right?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hope it is Saturday however Mini will miss out, so a long slog Sunday is not too bad.

Wish they would hurry up and decide one way or the other

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Yes and being one of them I will get a ticket. Would rather Everton as never been there. Liverpool is just, well, meh really.

Ah well, you should have gone to the Everton - Woking game the day after our game in 1992 like what I did ........

My abiding memory of that weekend was just how cold it was.

This time round - I'm not sure - would be quite happy to let someone else have the chance to see us at Anfield as I am very busy the following weekend with what's happening at the Brighton Centre. I was kinda hoping it would be Crawley away as I have yet to visit the Broadfield Stadium !

( Edited because I got the year wrong !!!!!! - Shouldn't be making that kind of mistake when I only re-read the programme for the replay on Sunday - 1991 was Crawley at the Goldstone in round 3 of course ).

And if you want to know what I will be doing at the BC then click here
http://www.newchapeljn.co.uk/Forthcomingshows.htm

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
hope its sunday or friday as I have an OU Tutorial on the saturday morning

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
i can't make saturday, so am praying for a sunday afternoon, which i thought was likely seeing as everton are at home on the sat, no?

anyone know when a decision has to be made by?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
ESPN

Saturday 18th FA Cup with Budweiser TBC v TBC 11:30am
Sunday 19th FA Cup with Budweiser TBC v TBC 4:00pm

plus one other date

if the match is to be shown on TV.

Last edited:

petercg365

Oct 25, 2011
loyalty system works well if your a proper supporter. Im not saying your not by the way. The first tickets go to the people who deserve them the most, Whats the problem with that?

My only problem was the drop from 1250 points to 1000. I 've got a season ticket and been to two cup games and 6 away games and was bypassed for Palace tickets. I got one anyway but got lumped in with everybody who had a season ticket and hadn't been to any away games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here