Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
25 points to Voeckler on the top, with 20 to Kessiakoff.

Are they the first points of the day

In Full

Result of intermediate sprint

1. Paulinho (STB) 20pts

2. Casar (FDJ) 17pts

3. Kruiswijk (RAB) 15pts

4. Arashiro (EUC) 13pts

5. Vorganov (KAT) 11pts

6. Cummings (BMC) 10pts

7. Marzano ( 9pts

8. Vals Ferri (VCD) 8pts

9. Voigt (RNT) 7pts

10. Martin (GRS) 6pts

11. Azanza (EUS) 5pts

12. Ladagnous (FDJ) 4pts

13. Kiryienka (MOV) 3pts

14. Levarlet (SAU) 2pts

15. Costa (MOV) 1pt

Result of the col d'Aubisque

1. Voeckler (EUC) 25pts

2. Kessiakoff (AST) 20pts

3. Arashiro (EUC) 16pts

4. Sorensen (STB) 14pts

5. Vinokourov (AST) 12pts

6. Martin (GRS) 10pts

7. Karpets (MOV) 8pts - at 12"

8. Martinez (EUS) 6pts

9. Vorganov (KAT) 4pts

10. Izaguirre (EUS) 2pts

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I thought Voeckler was ahead of Rolland in KOM points, if Kessiakoff hangs on today he has a good chance.

In an interview he said he had never riden any of the climbs in the Pyrenesse...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Hope Nibali justifies leaving Voeckler out today. Not that I want Nibali to do serious damage to Sky of course, but some gaps would be nice to see for excitement value.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
13 points in the bag already today.

Beginning to kick myself for not working Voeckler in. It wasn't exactly rocket science to know he'd be chasing KoM points today.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I thought Voeckler was ahead of Rolland in KOM points, if Kessiakoff hangs on today he has a good chance.

In an interview he said he had never riden any of the climbs in the Pyrenesse...

Nope, Voeckler was behind Rolland, but he's moved up into second place now. Rolland concentrating on moving up GC then hopefully.

Could be a tough ask for Kessiakoff to hold on to that jersey.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Beginning to kick myself for not working Voeckler in. It wasn't exactly rocket science to know he'd be chasing KoM points today.

Likewise, but there is a long way to go today, plenty of points left to play for.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Likewise, but there is a long way to go today, plenty of points left to play for.

Had I not saddled myself with two Europcar doms previously I probably would have done it and sacrificed Wiggins. As it was I wasn't prepared to gamble on Tommy over Nibali, although now I expect he'll score more fantasy points than Nibali as the points seem very weighted to breakaways and the intermediate points.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Had I not saddled myself with two Europcar doms previously I probably would have done it and sacrificed Wiggins. As it was I wasn't prepared to gamble on Tommy over Nibali, although now I expect he'll score more fantasy points than Nibali as the points seem very weighted to breakaways and the intermediate points.

I couldn't quite afford Voeckler so I went for Kessiakoff. Also, foolishly left Sagan in just in case he got to the first sprint as it was well before the climb.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Confirmed abandon for Gusev :(

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I couldn't quite afford Voeckler so I went for Kessiakoff. Also, foolishly left Sagan in just in case he got to the first sprint as it was well before the climb.

I'd planned a gamble on breakaway KoM heavy team in Rolland, Voeckler and Kessiakoff, with only Nibali for GC with Rolland to move up GC too. Transfers wise I couldn't quite do it though.

I'm interested to see now whether any GC attacks will come on Aspin or left until Peyresourde.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
While out, I listened to The Bike Show, from Reasonance FM, podcast.

They interview journo Lionel Birnie.
It's quite good, nothing all that new, but there is a chunk when he appears to be reading direct from this thread!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
While out, I listened to The Bike Show, from Reasonance FM, podcast.

They interview journo Lionel Birnie.
It's quite good, nothing all that new, but there is a chunk when he appears to be reading direct from this thread!

Hardly surprising, NSC is after all the home of the cognoscenti :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fancy having that view, in front of you, when riding along.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Settle in for the ride chaps.
Although I think this will merely be the aperitif before the main event later on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here