Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Fantasy news.

Wiggins DROPPED.

Gone for Nibs, Froome & Rolland.
Plus the most expensive EUS rider I could afford :lol:

Haha classic, I've got my two Euskatel DSs in, those boys are going to be all over this stage (winning nothing, but all over it).

Gone for two Saur riders as well as they have done nothing so far in this Tour.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Roll call for noon on NSC:-
Me
Pantani
bashlsdir, if he sorts his clock out.

Who else?

Count me in.

It wouldn't be TdF for me without using up some odd holiday days off work for the big stages. I've gone for the double too, so will be here tomorrow as well :)

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Right. For the first time in about a week I've done some transfers in time. :wozza:

Froome
Nibali
Rolland
JJ Haedo

Gautier
Sorenson
Pinot
Stortoni (guess who was running out of money!)
C Pineau (still got no money)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So, are we naming our teams once the transfer deadline closes and giving our stage predictions then ? I made my changes last night. It'll do, but it would a different team if I was starting from scratch.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
So, are we naming our teams once the transfer deadline closes and giving our stage predictions then ? I made my changes last night. It'll do, but it would a different team if I was starting from scratch.

I've got nothing to lose by naming my team. :lol: If I'd been on top of the time difference then I may be a bit more competitive (but going by my Giro result probably not).

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
As we have started naming teams here's mine:

Wiggins
VdB
Kessiakoff
Zubeldia
Pinot
Coppel
Izigirre
Urtasan
Simon

My pick for the stage, actually in my team for once, Coppel.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've got nothing to lose by naming my team. :lol: If I'd been on top of the time difference then I may be a bit more competitive (but going by my Giro result probably not).
Yeah my boys are also rans since Gilbert-gate :lol:

I thought I'd put up the dropping of BW, BEFORE the off.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wiggins, Nibali, Rolland, Kessiakoff. Julien Simon, Sprick, Impey, Nicki Sorenson, Lund.

My prediction is that Tommy and Pierre will go on a joint attack. Chasing KOM's and seeing how much the GC will give Rolland. Tommy working for Pierre this time around. The breakaway will win the stage and most likely Rolland.

I wanted to put them both in but was already stuck with 2 Europcar doms ( one of which had already withdrawn). I could have still worked them in but at the expense of Nibali, who I think will attack on the Peyresourde and take a small time gap of around a minute on Wiggins and Froome today. Kept in Wiggins as he'll still score well and loads of people will probably have shifted him out anyway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Once again I think it's all down to Nibs and VdB.
I see them going away and taking Froome with them, I ummed and aahhh about VdB or Froome.
I went with Froome as he seems to have had VdB in his pocket all tour.

I also slung Malacarne in for Rolland just in case EUC get away.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Wiggins, Nibali, Rolland, Kessiakoff. Julien Simon, Sprick, Impey, Nicki Sorenson, Lund.

My prediction is that Tommy and Pierre will go on a joint attack. Chasing KOM's and seeing how much the GC will give Rolland. Tommy working for Pierre this time around. The breakaway will win the stage and most likely Rolland.

I wanted to put them both in but was already stuck with 2 Europcar doms ( one of which had already withdrawn). I could have still worked them in but at the expense of Nibali, who I think will attack on the Peyresourde and take a small time gap of around a minute on Wiggins and Froome today. Kept in Wiggins as he'll still score well and loads of people will probably have shifted him out anyway.

Hairy descent at the end, means I decided against Rolland, you cannot keep falling off and win stages. I was thinking similar on the Europcars going for Polka Dots, though I decided Tommy is too risky with his knees this year. Nibali is a very good shout it was a coin toss between him and VdB for me. Happy with my DSs though, two Euskatels, Pinot and Coppel looks strong in the mountains to me.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Hairy descent at the end, means I decided against Rolland, you cannot keep falling off and win stages. I was thinking similar on the Europcars going for Polka Dots, though I decided Tommy is too risky with his knees this year. Nibali is a very good shout it was a coin toss between him and VdB for me. Happy with my DSs though, two Euskatels, Pinot and Coppel looks strong in the mountains to me.

Yep, that did occur to me with Rolland, but I think with the help of Tommy, might have enough of a gap to move him up GC without having to go too mental on the descent. I think TV will surprise everyone again today, he's obviously feeling good having been in the last breakaway too - the knee thing seems to be just making him dig in even more. Thing with Rolland though is he can't be allowed too much time. For that reason my dark horse would be Mr. Steady, Brajkovic - he's always there or thereabouts on every stage and won't want to be knocked down the GC I'm sure.

I think VdB will probably be trying things too, but the descent rather than a summit finish meant Nibali over VdB for me today.

Btw, liking your Jerome thinking. Another favourite of mine. I used him quite a lot in the CdD, but he didn't pick me up too many points there. Today is another matter though.
Good luck all.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now we know what won't happen :lol:

I'm off to walk the dogs, see you all at noon.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Hooray for internet streaming.
Ill in bed, laptop next to me, Just need tea and shall settle down to some eurosport coverage.

Qs today are when/will Froome f*** off up the road? Though many seem to forget he had his own moment of weakness in the mountains.
will cav make the time limit?
how often will schleck be mentioned?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Well the peleton is already going mental fast (save yourselves you fools!) and Schleck has got some extensive coverage.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
On a lighter note, is Cadel's voice getting higher pitched every time he's interviewed? I'm wondering if he's using the right saddle.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Now we know what won't happen :lol:

I'm off to walk the dogs, see you all at noon.

You're not wrong :lol: I should know better but just couldn't help myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here