Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Kessiakoff for the break again today, I think. The winner will be Sagan if it comes back together, if it doesn't it could really be anyone. I'm expecting low points today as I saved a transfer in the opinion that it really is too hard to call so why waste transfers at a wild stab in the dark.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Sagan will be working for Nibali today, and besides the climbs are too early in the stage,.... Sky will hope for a break of no hopers to take it on to the end,... thats will suit them.....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nope.
He either just didn't know.
Or more sinister
It was a willy wave in Brad and Dave B's face, saying look what I can do.
Just been talking about this at work, where a few are now wondering what might have happened if Froome had been allowed to cut Wiggins. Part of me thinks the tour should just be all about individual riders trying to win it, but I guess the teams will say otherwise. Either way, you'd hope that Froome will get his chance in future tours, as that was an awesome climb.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just been talking about this at work, where a few are now wondering what might have happened if Froome had been allowed to cut Wiggins. Part of me thinks the tour should just be all about individual riders trying to win it, but I guess the teams will say otherwise. Either way, you'd hope that Froome will get his chance in future tours, as that was an awesome climb.

I think the team thing really adds to the whole event, without it you'd probably end up with more crashes as more riders try and force their way to the front. I'm sure Froome will have his day, he's done an absolutely tremendous job of keeping Brad in the yellow jersey and knows exactly how to be a team player. I wasn't convinced by their excuse of not being able to hear the team radio, I think Froome wanted to go for it and got shouted down.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Over the first hill already: Tour de France 2012

I don't think this stage will be exciting. Sky Train and I tip a sprinter (Cavendish) to win.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Moncutie tries to take a short cut and comes a cropper. No convenient car parks.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Moncutie tries to take a short cut and comes a cropper. No convenient car parks.

Sad way for Moncoutie to end his TDF career. Anyone who's read David Millar's autobiography should have massive respect for him.

Think it might be a sprint today, pinning my hopes on bringing Sagan back in to my team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think this stage will be exciting. Sky Train and I tip a sprinter (Cavendish) to win.

Think it might be a sprint today, pinning my hopes on bringing Sagan back in to my team.
I'm not convinced by a sprint for today.
But that hasn't stopped me putting Sagan and Cav in my team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My heart sank when I realised Millar had made the break stick.

As nice and easy as it is, to be wise after the event, today was nailed on Millar-time.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Yeah, this group should stay away I reckon.

Millar? He's got a decent sprint from a small group like this?

He might fancy himself in a sprint from this group but they'll start jumping each other like crazy near the end - no incentive to keep the pace up if you've got a 10 minute gap.

I think he might try it off the descent of the 3rd cat climb.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not looking good for me today, but I was expecting that. Tomorrow will hopefully be better. All there is left to do now is getting behind Millar.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here