Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 99th Tour de France thread, 2012.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We walk out to the Barrowlands for gigs from the town centre but no further. You could get a cracking job setting up the timings for the TDF, a stage of sprint every other day. The Veledrome looks quite a square building, but they are great looking things.

Great too see it being built. Hope to be sitting their watching your timing boards this November.

I noticed the UCI world cup is this Noveember and tickets to go on sale soon.

Its all within a fairly 'square' frame, but the velodrome hall is actually curved to follow the shape of the track.

Look in here: Commonwealth Arena and Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome

The opening event of the whole place will be a basketball match in October, then the UCI Track World Cup in November. Bit of presure on us to have everything installed by then, so more trips to Glasgow in the offing for me - hopefully without impacting on home Albion fixtures. We will send a timing team from Switzerland to look after the WC, as there is a longstanding sponsrship deal between Tissot / UCI to cover all of those, so I won't be involved at that, unless I specifically wanted to be.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Was it last years Tour of California, when 7 of them came off the top of a mountain, together, and hammered it down in TTT mode.
T'was so classy, and fookin fast.

We ain't going to see that on this Tour though are we. I know it's a different level and so not that easy or simple, but I'd like to see Nibali at least try something a bit better than yesterdays tame effort at some point this Tour. Rolland is looking odds on for today the longer this goes on. At least teams like Europcar make the most of what they have.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It does not seem to be anybody disturbing the Sky train @ halfway up the second climb. Scarponi could not do it. Not enough legs. It all tame apart from the King of the Mountains, perhaps ??

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I completely forgot to slag off Menchov, yesterday.

How the hell did he stay 5th in GC, without ever having his name mentioned in the commentary?

Menchoz got a mention about not being mentioned.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At last.

Tejay not looked all that, all tour.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Its all within a fairly 'square' frame, but the velodrome hall is actually curved to follow the shape of the track.

Look in here: Commonwealth Arena and Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome

The opening event of the whole place will be a basketball match in October, then the UCI Track World Cup in November. Bit of presure on us to have everything installed by then, so more trips to Glasgow in the offing for me - hopefully without impacting on home Albion fixtures. We will send a timing team from Switzerland to look after the WC, as there is a longstanding sponsrship deal between Tissot / UCI to cover all of those, so I won't be involved at that, unless I specifically wanted to be.

Looks good with the glass front, amazing they can make it so multi functional. World cup cycling is an excellent event, but we have missed Albion fixtures for it in the past.

Glasgow centre and West End are great places to spend time, the only two places we ever go to in the East are Barrowlands (recomend it if a good bands on) and the peoples palace a mueseam.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And at last something happens. BMC sending Van Garderen up the road.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And there it goes, Evans is going for it !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That took a lot out of Evans, and the 2 are going to need another push.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
They won't want to panic yet though will they. Keep it steady and reel him back in slowly seems to be their preferred style.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Sky get him back Nibs will be off like a scolded cat

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And that will be when it really gets interesting, IF it happens.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Cadel goes and Wiggins lets him go on the second climb. Rogers expected to help Wiggins up the Peleton pace to limit the damage. Watch it on the highlights if you are still at work. (I will be working tonight.)

Radioshank are not making any response.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here