Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 98th Tour de France, thread, 2011.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This :lolol:

Fastest TTT in the Tour ever by Garmin? ITV keeps dying on me and Eurosport were interviewing some frenchman or something.

Sherwin just saying that Garmin beat Discovery Channels best ever speed for TTT

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
It's only 23k, so I'm sure everyone will finish. The first 5 across the line are the most important. The rest could come home at 7 tonight if they wanted.

(That's my understanding of TTTs anyway).

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Random question regarding TTT's - if a rider drops of the back, does he still have to finish to stay in the race?

(Bit hypothetical as obviously they need to get back to the team bus and it isn't far but still...).

Yes he does.

His final time then needs to be within 30% of the teams final time or he's eliminated.

Which could be interesting as Saxo Bank dropped a few riders quite early on in their ride. One of which was a rider that was supposed to be there to help Contador in the mountains.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes he does.

His final time then needs to be within 30% of the teams final time or he's eliminated.

Which could be interesting as Saxo Bank dropped a few riders quite early on in their ride. One of which was a rider that was supposed to be there to help Contador in the mountains.

Liggett just confirming all this now....him and Sherwin probably reading this as they commentate for top tips :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gary Imlach was last night!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Yes he does.

Those Astana riders dropped after 9km could be in trouble too. They need to come in at around 32 minutes to survive.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I heard you had a live hook up, you being his auto cue as it were :lol:
The guys far to classy to be involved in the constant stream of bollox that I spew out.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Those Astana riders dropped after 9km could be in trouble too. They need to come in at around 32 minutes to survive.

Makes things interesting but no doubt their directeur sportif will be keeping an eye on them and keeping them updated.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sky 1 sec quicker than Garmin at the 9km check point !

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Go Sky, if they stay together they are gonna do this. garmin broke up too early I think.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The guys far to classy to be involved in the constant stream of bollox that I spew out.

One of NSC's finest on the cycling front without a doubt.

Note to self : ingratiate yourself with thread starter always :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here