Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 98th Tour de France, thread, 2011.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My one and only post on this it is The Tour De France why do we have to have it in this country we are not and never will be part of France. If a bike ride or race is wanted in this country why not organise one and have a Lands End to John a Groats or round the coast whatever,

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
My one and only post on this it is The Tour De France why do we have to have it in this country we are not and never will be part of France. If a bike ride or race is wanted in this country why not organise one and have a Lands End to John a Groats or round the coast whatever,

Thanks for your contribution. It has really added to the debate. :tosser:

Don't bother replying either as you are now on my ignore list.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pantani, I rode twice the distance of todays stage. (That won't be happening again)
I did take in 1602ft of climbing, so not to shabby.

Just giving you guys some notice, I'll soon be boring the arse off you lot with photos of my winter hack bike build project.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Pantani, I rode twice the distance of todays stage. (That won't be happening again)

Just giving you guys some notice, I'll soon be boring the arse off you lot with photos of my winter hack bike build project.

Ooh ohh, does that mean I can bore the arse off of everyone with my old photo of Johan Musseuw i n yellow going up Elm Grove now adorning my new 2nd hand mobile phone in the shape of a truly unique skin :)

Rabobank just moved into first place as I speak taking 16 secs off of Saxobank. Garmin out on the road now too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My 12 yrd old not impressed by Pantani's and TB's Basque predictions...he's a big Sammy Sanchez fan.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Nice ride. It was lovely out there today wasn't it, not too hot, no wind, I'm sure I wouldn't be carrying this extra weight if it was always like this.

Any updates on your hack will be much appreciated.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Quick question folks...where's Menchov this year ? Finished in the top ten in the Giro didn't he ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Garmin need to pull their fingers out.
Only 59.5kph average for the first 9kms.

Wot they doing it on unicycles :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quick question folks...where's Menchov this year ? Finished in the top ten in the Giro didn't he ?
Making it all the more difficult to figure in Le Tour.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Aha, just found out Menchov and Sastre not here because their new team - Geox-TMC - weren't given an invite. All seems a bit odd.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aha, just found out Menchov and Sastre not here because their new team - Geox-TMC - weren't given an invite. All seems a bit odd.
I got it into my head he was on Katusha.
Not being there makes it even harder to figure.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Would make sense with Katusha being an all Russian outfit

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nice ride. It was lovely out there today wasn't it, not too hot, no wind, I'm sure I wouldn't be carrying this extra weight if it was always like this.
I'd say this morning was just about perfect, I had a bit of a head wind coming home along the seafront, and sadly none of my 'team' to hide behind.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Who's the big rider missing this year because he's taking July out for a Sinus operation ? They mentioned it yesterday but I've forgotten now.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

This :lol:

Fastest TTT in the Tour ever by Garmin? ITV keeps dying on me and Eurosport were interviewing some frenchman or something.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Random question regarding TTT's - if a rider drops of the back, does he still have to finish to stay in the race?

(Bit hypothetical as obviously they need to get back to the team bus and it isn't far but still...).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here