Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 100th Tour de France thread, 2013.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now that was SPORT.

Immense stuff, no tactics just goolies out and go for it, against the mentalist of mentals backdrops.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brilliant from Riblon, what a way to win.

Froome needs to learn a little lesson, he really should not have attacked with more than 10km to go. That is not his job now, just follow the right wheels.
He almost got away with it, but you're right, the stage was going to pan out like that anyway, he didn't have to crack AC and Roman, the lil fellas were always going to do it for him.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
AG2R smashed that today. 3 in the top 20 for a team of that size, on a stage like that, the day after you have lost your leader, superb stuff.

AND they did it all in brown shorts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
AG2R smashed that today. 3 in the top 20 for a team of that size, on a stage like that, the day after you have lost your leader, superb stuff.

AND they did it all in brown shorts.

Riblon won't be buying many meals or beers for the rest of his life.
Brilliant ride, classic cat and mouse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wonder what will happen with Sky looking like they broke the feeding rules.

Most likely a fine.

This is the Tour they are more than capable of doing nothing or kicking all of Team Sky off.

There's going to be a lot of bleating by AC, about that, completely forgetting the fact he was 4mins down and 1min down the road.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's some very grey faces riding today, except this fella:-

malcolm7.jpg

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
This is the Tour they are more than capable of doing nothing or kicking all of Team Sky off.

There's going to be a lot of bleating by AC, about that, completely forgetting the fact he was 4mins down and 1min down the road.

C4 reporting that he has already been docked 20 seconds

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Absolutely brilliant first stage win for the French :clap2: Really pleased for Riblon and a great team.

I agree that Froome tried to distance Contador way too early (10km to go) when as SB says, Quintana and J Rod were doing that for him anyway. Looks like Froome has been docked 20 seconds for asking Porte to go back and get food for him.

Tomorrow is another day, but looking good for a Quintana 2nd spot if Frrome doesn't blow, and would be great to see JRod knock Contador off the podium as well, but that might be too tall an order unfortunately.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Who Porte? They cannot dock Froome surely, all he did was take a gel off his team mate.

Now official, Froome docked 20secs for illegal feeding

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Now official, Froome docked 20secs for illegal feeding

Yep. As said though, Sky will take that all day long. Bonk good and proper and he would have been in serious trouble.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Froome in trouble due to that out of area refreshment. What can the tour do and what will the tour do to him. Eurosport reckon his helper will get a massive fine (paid for by Sky). Oops I was a bit slow off the mark.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For me watching today was something akin to a cracking Albion match.

From the horrendous descent onwards, I was having regular proper heart pounding moments.
Spain on Spain crime.
Then for it to finish with Riblon chasing TvG, while the GC was going mentals.

Whilst having all that going off inches from fans all but running or pushed into the riders.

EPIC stuff.

D

Deleted member 22389

Going to miss the tour when it finishes. Be good if we good put a list of all races for the remainder of the season and the start of next season.
Not this year but the year before I really got in to the Giro, I actually thought it was a lot tougher than the tour.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here