Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 100th Tour de France thread, 2013.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Going to miss the tour when it finishes. Be good if we good put a list of all races for the remainder of the season and the start of next season.
Not this year but the year before I really got in to the Giro, I actually thought it was a lot tougher than the tour.

If you regularly poke your head round the door of 'cycling geeks' you'll soon find out what's happening and when.
Or just join in on fantasy, (speak to Pantini) that will keep you bang up to date.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
July 19, Stage 19: Bourg d'Oisans - Le Grand Bornand 204.5km

stage_19_map_600_1_670.jpg

stage_19_profile_600_1_670.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Grand odds to be had on Friday's stage, even betting each way to be in the first three home; Quintana 7/1, Froome 16/1, both on bet365. I don't think Froome will have a wobbly like he did today, that was a killer stage and if SKY is to be believed their food car wasn't there for them at the start of the last climb. We shall see...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
There's talk that Mollema is sick. Wouldn't surprise me as he was coughing badly in that post stage interview the other day and suffered today. Although to be fair the Belkin duo have done really well to be up there so far and were always likely to drop down GC in the Alps. Shame as would have loved to see both of them hang in there.

Really out there odds would be Monfont at 200/1. Decent rider, climbs well and Radioshack are still chasing that team jersey. I have 50p e/w and also a repeat of what I tried for today.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Who Porte? They cannot dock Froome surely, all he did was take a gel off his team mate.

Now official, Froome docked 20secs for illegal feeding

Froome did nothing wrong. Porte should lose time.

Actually, for a fun last few days I think Porte should be disqualified from the Tour, just to keep things interesting!

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Froome did nothing wrong. Porte should lose time.

Actually, for a fun last few days I think Porte should be disqualified from the Tour, just to keep things interesting!

That's just being facetious. Froome took the food, Porte was merely the conduit!

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
That's just being facetious. Froome took the food, Porte was merely the conduit!

If Porte had carried the gel from the start and handed it to Froome at the same point would there still be the punishment? Or would there still be the punishment if Froome had carried it from the start?

Porte out! :wink:

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
Live coverage already on the free channel... are my eyes deceiving me?

If only they had known when I booked these two days off that I was planning to watch all day yesterday and actually get outside for a bit today.
Decisions, decisions...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think an AG2R one - two for stage wins could be on the cards today with Bardet going for the glory this time. More than capable of pulling it off. Just depends how the GC lot choose to ride this stage.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If Porte had carried the gel from the start and handed it to Froome at the same point would there still be the punishment? Or would there still be the punishment if Froome had carried it from the start?

Porte out! :wink:

No, I am pretty sure that what the riders are carrying is irrelevant, so had they had gels on them, they can eat them when they want. Thing is, most riders were chucking all their stuff at the start of the climb to save every gram in weight.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
THANK YOU!!!

I would have turned on at 12 probably if you hadn't posted this. The first 30km of this stage is all climbing so should be a lot of action!

The start does look good. I was surprised that ITV recognised that though. Tuning in at 12 would usually only get you yesterday's highlights before the live coverage begins.

My decision has been made. Watch them over the first 2 big ones and then get a quick ride in myself

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Last night was bad for me. At the start of le tour i backed Froomey @ 15/1 to win the KoM (only for $2)

Was going along well until Quintana gapped him lat night, Now only 7 points in it. Given he's got the yellow sewn up, hopefully he goes for the KoM now and becomes the first winner of both in the same tour since Eddy Merckx last did it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Live coverage already on the free channel... are my eyes deceiving me?

If only they had known when I booked these two days off that I was planning to watch all day yesterday and actually get outside for a bit today.
Decisions, decisions...

Blimey!, thanks for that, was expecting them to start at around 1pm like yesterday. Was watching a Eurosport stream for a bit but will switch to recorded ITV4 now from the start and slowly catch up again by skipping the adverts.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Last night was bad for me. At the start of le tour i backed Froomey @ 15/1 to win the KoM (only for $2)

Was going along well until Quintana gapped him lat night, Now only 7 points in it. Given he's got the yellow sewn up, hopefully he goes for the KoM now and becomes the first winner of both in the same tour since Eddy Merckx last did it.

Well if one of your mob, Simon Clarke, doesn't get in the break today then that's two bad betting days for me.

You've got a good bet there in Froome I reckon. Looks like GC will take KOM jersey this year because of the parcours and double KOM points on mtf. Only Quintana will upset your bet as it seems Rolland and Nieve aren't strong enough to take the jersey. Today would be the day for Rolland and Nieve to go for it.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Who Porte? They cannot dock Froome surely, all he did was take a gel off his team mate.

Well, I can't believe how good that stage was. I watched at midnight last night, as I was out.

However, I am surprised at Pantani's comment above.

If you only dock the guy who is sent to the car, then all team leaders have got carte blanche to refuel and feed as much as they like on every summit finish. Froome was suffering badly, Porte did as he was told. So Froome was MORE guilty than Porte.

I think that the time deduction is ridiculous. 20 seconds is about 100 m on that mountain. Without the food, I'd have been surprised if Froome hadn't lost at least 2 minutes. He should have been docked at least this.

As it was 20 seconds, nobody will be deterred from doing it in the future.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Well if one of your mob, Simon Clarke, doesn't get in the break today then that's two bad betting days for me.

You've got a good bet there in Froome I reckon. Looks like GC will take KOM jersey this year because of the parcours and double KOM points on mtf. Only Quintana will upset your bet as it seems Rolland and Nieve aren't strong enough to take the jersey. Today would be the day for Rolland and Nieve to go for it.

I've got about 7 live bets left from the start of the tour. Only one that's pretty much home and hosed is Quintana for the White Jersey.

Fingers crossed for a Froome win.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well, I can't believe how good that stage was. I watched at midnight last night, as I was out.

However, I am surprised at Pantani's comment above.

If you only dock the guy who is sent to the car, then all team leaders have got carte blanche to refuel and feed as much as they like on every summit finish. Froome was suffering badly, Porte did as he was told. So Froome was MORE guilty than Porte.

I think that the time deduction is ridiculous. 20 seconds is about 100 m on that mountain. Without the food, I'd have been surprised if Froome hadn't lost at least 2 minutes. He should have been docked at least this.

As it was 20 seconds, nobody will be deterred from doing it in the future.

Not sure circumstance came into it, Sky have said (well they would I suppose) that there were issues preventing the cars getting to the riders in the km leading up to the feed cut off distance. Froome tried to get the gels prior to the cut off but couldn't. It may well have been mitigation they took into account.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've got about 7 live bets left from the start of the tour. Only one that's pretty much home and hosed is Quintana for the White Jersey.

Fingers crossed for a Froome win.

Kwiatkowski off the front of the GC group at the mo to try and limit loses to Quintana. Could be game on for that White Jersey? :wink: Good move by the young Pole as today's finish will suit him too.

Only joking on it being game on. You're spot on that that bet is pretty safe. Barring a crash Quintana ain't losing that White Jersey come Paris.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here