Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 100th Tour de France thread, 2013.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Race already started and on Eurosport now. Love watching the break of the day forming. Usual suspects in there so far and Rolland keen to get those KoM points.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Voigt, Flecha, Burghardt & Rolland off the front.

Cyril Gautier (Europcar), Mikel Astarloza (Euskaltel), Christophe Riblon (AG2R), Simon Clarke (Orica-GreenEdge) and Pavel Brutt (Katusha) chasing behind at 32 secs.

Peloton 1:40 behind lead group.

Hopefully these two groups can come together and establish the break of the day.

Edit: Igor Anton in that chase group too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Bloody Movistar driving the peloton. Be nice to see this break get some decent time, but it's proving difficult.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Rolland you loser. No chance of taking the polka dots, 50 points on the line today, chasing for two points at the top of a Cat 3 is pointless. Serves you right for not making a proper GC challenge, and bottling it for a half-hearted KoM chase.

Loving Movistar driving the peloton, this stage is gonna be so fast, can't wait for Contador v Quintana v Rodriguez. Seen enough breaks in the last few days 1066. Time for the big boys to contest a win.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Rolland you loser. No chance of taking the polka dots, 50 points on the line today, chasing for two points at the top of a Cat 3 is pointless. Serves you right for not making a proper GC challenge, and bottling it for a half-hearted KoM chase.

Loving Movistar driving the peloton, this stage is gonna be so fast, can't wait for Contador v Quintana v Rodriguez. Seen enough breaks in the last few days 1066. Time for the big boys to contest a win.

:lol: You know why I want this break to get away. Quite happy to see the GC battle, which will happen anyway, take the minor placings (there's no bonus seconds on the line so what does it matter to them, bar KoM points which Quintana & Froome aren't interested in anyway.

Movistar doing sky's job for them? Or are they trying to make it hard and set up Valverde/Quintana for the stage win? Or are they still upset with Europcar? :lol: Either way I could do with them just stopping.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
:lol: You know why I want this break to get away. Quite happy to see the GC battle, which will happen anyway, take the minor placings (there's no bonus seconds on the line so what does it matter to them, bar KoM points which Quintana & Froome aren't interested in anyway.

Movistar doing sky's job for them? Or are they trying to make it hard and set up Valverde/Quintana for the stage win? Or are they still upset with Europcar? :lol: Either way I could do with them just stopping.

Yes, but for me I want to see the real big boys going at each other for real. It is never quite the same when there are people out in front. As for Movistar they know they are strong and the stage is short, why not tear it up for an entire day? Quintana and Valverde look strong and they are the only team with two guys looking that good. Also it makes more sense than some of the weird things Saxo have been getting up to in recent days.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
One final reason why I am enjoying this pace with a 20km/h tail wind is that I start work at 4:30, and would like to see the end of this before I have to leave.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes, but for me I want to see the real big boys going at each other for real. It is never quite the same when there are people out in front. As for Movistar they know they are strong and the stage is short, why not tear it up for an entire day? Quintana and Valverde look strong and they are the only team with two guys looking that good. Also it makes more sense than some of the weird things Saxo have been getting up to in recent days.

Nah, sod it I'm going with the storybook theory that Valverde threw all his toys out of the pram on that infamous day and this is all about revenge on Rolland now. Your theory probably makes more sense though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Rolland wanting to end this Tour dressed like a clown from head to toe so badly that he's prepared to knock Igor Anton off his bike to make it happen :lol: Even funnier is that he has no chance of wearing it again anyway.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Rolland wanting to end this Tour dressed like a clown from head to toe so badly that he's prepared to knock Igor Anton off his bike to make it happen :lol: Even funnier is that he has no chance of wearing it again anyway.

I thought that showed a real lack of class. Not a fan of Rolland at all.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Better than:-

'Just when you think the view can't get more stunning, there's Andy Schleck'
'He's got to be a favourite for today's stage'.

Now you're just making them up, surely?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
And not disqualified! Shocking decision if they do not change that.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I thought that showed a real lack of class. Not a fan of Rolland at all.

I wonder if he'll get docked the points? .....oh, ok, moving on.

I loved him doing that sterling work for Tommy V the other year. Feel let down by him this year when as you say he's bottled everything. To be fair though, didn't seem to be carrying brilliant form coming into this Tour so was probably never going to be up on GC. I have no particular feelings on him either way, but that was all a bit pointless there with Anton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here