Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 100th Tour de France thread, 2013.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I agree with the above. Froome's win is a much greater achievement (sporting rather than historical!). Brad got quite lucky with his only competition being Nibali. Looking at Froome this year, I think he might have run brad pretty close last year, given the chance.

Much better racing this year with attacking and interest right to the end.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Until last year a British TdF winner felt just as likely as us winning the footie World Cup. We could hope but realistically it was asking a lot and in completely uncharted waters. It helped the TdF planning a route to suit Wiggo's strengths and Sky's clinical approach.

Ironically we now have two TdF wins in a row but the chances of world cup footie win is even further away than ever. It's a funny old game.

What chance 3 TdF wins for us Brits in a row? This years TdF route was less Wiggo friendly but has nicely played to Froome's strengths, so it will be interesting to see what they come up with once it gets to France next year. Meanwhile Cav will be a good bet for the Cambridge to London stage.

To be honest, my 4 year old has just started riding her first proper bike. I hold out more hope of her winning a future women's Tour de France (which we're currently petitioning to see return) than I do of an England football team winning the World Cup (men or women's) :lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It'll certainly be interesting to see how Sky handle Quintana, next year.
He's the only man, assuming Henao and t'other fella (name escapes me), aren't up to leadership roles in their new teams.

Sky certainly won't get it all their own way, but it'll be nice to see the old guard slipping away.

My mouth is watering just at the thought of all this. Exciting times and the Sky train is going to have to be a bit more flexible I think than it has been. Can't wait to see where Henao & Uran end up as well.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
My mouth is watering just at the thought of all this. Exciting times and the Sky train is going to have to be a bit more flexible I think than it has been. Can't wait to see where Henao & Uran end up as well.

Are Henau and Uran leaving Sky? As you say, with these two heading up teams, Froome, Purito...next year should be superb. If Nibali gets a good team around him and goes for the Tour, even more so.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are Henau and Uran leaving Sky? As you say, with these two heading up teams, Froome, Purito...next year should be superb. If Nibali gets a good team around him and goes for the Tour, even more so.
One, Uran I think, is going to OPQS, who seem to be putting together a Super Team.

I can't remember where Heano is off too, but they are certainly both on there way.
Which is hardly surprising as Le Tour is off the cards with Sky for 3 or 4 more years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
July 21, Stage 21: Versailles - Paris - Champs-Elysées 133.5km

stage_21_map_600_1_670.jpg

stage_21_profile_600_1_670.jpg

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The bus is here. The crowds are here. I have a Sky top on and have had my hand shaken by several random passers by. This is so fabulous.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374413703.487534.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Where are you? By the Champs Elysees already? Where are you going to watch it from? Is Lizzie enjoying herself?

I'm highly jealous.

We are just leaving Versailles now and heading to the Tuileries Gardens to grab beers and positions. Mrs Hamilton is loving it. She is as much of a sports fanatic as me.

May try Champs Élysées, but have been given a local tip on a bar on the route.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here