Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official 100th Tour de France thread, 2013.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The tour was going so well:-

[tweet]357557654551408640[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fingers crossed the rain doesn't hit at the wrong time.

I don't think anybody is happy with the route off AdH, apparently it's not the main 'other' route, but a side road, which has been recently tarmaced.

Prudhomme went down it with Merckx, and said 'well', to which Eddie replied with a shrug 'pah'.

Game on!!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Fingers crossed the rain doesn't hit at the wrong time.

I don't think anybody is happy with the route off AdH, apparently it's not the main 'other' route, but a side road, which has been recently tarmaced.

Prudhomme went down it with Merckx, and said 'well', to which Eddie replied with a shrug 'pah'.

Game on!!

Brilliant, Schleck is gonna soil his bibs. Having watched some of the footage from the 100 years YouTube that 1066 put up, these modern riders don't know their born. 'Recently tarmacked' sounds like a doddle, try not tarmacked at all!

Hands up who has booked a day off for the double d'Huez combined with the first day of the Lord's Test :wave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Brilliant, Schleck is gonna soil his bibs. Having watched some of the footage from the 100 years YouTube that 1066 put up, these modern riders don't know their born. 'Recently tarmacked' sounds like a doddle, try not tarmacked at all!

Hands up who has booked a day off for the double d'Huez combined with the first day of the Lord's Test :wave:
I've been off all week, but do have to go to work Fri & Sat.

Did you see the footage on the ITV highlights a couple of days ago.

Fella climbing up a track so bad that he'd have been better off on any part of The Southdowns Way, only to have to give a wheel up to his team leader. Madness.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I've been off all week, but do have to go to work Fri & Sat.

Did you see the footage on the ITV highlights a couple of days ago.

Fella climbing up a track so bad that he'd have been better off on any part of The Southdowns Way, only to have to give a wheel up to his team leader. Madness.

Was that the guy riding back in the opposite direction to do that? Horrendous stuff.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

:wave: And I've doubled up on the days off as I'm taking tomorrow and Friday :)

Gutted for Jean Christophe Peraud today. Top French rider going into today and a TT parcours here that suited him down to the ground. Brave decision to start after his recon crash, but to then go down on the same shoulder again is just cruel. Tour over now. Hope he gets well soon.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Come on 20th century man, get voting

Marianne Vos will Man Up more than Frandy!

https://www.change.org/petitions/as...onal-cycling-teams-to-race-the-tour-de-france

Signed :thumbsup:

I know I'm not imagining it when I remember that when I first started watching TdF on Channel 4 as a young teenager all those years ago, they used to keep you updated of the women's version that ran alongside it. It's also worth remembering that the Olympics Women's Road Race was a damned sight more exciting to watch than the men's too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Odds (bet365) for the win tomorrow: Froome 11/4 Quintana 15/4...

Some odds from WH that might be worth looking at :

Rolland & Nieve 16/1
Bart de Clerq 40/1
Dan Martin 66/1

Personally I'm sticking my £1 e/w on Simon Clarke @ 150/1

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Odds (bet365) for the win tomorrow: Froome 11/4 Quintana 15/4...

Some odds from WH that might be worth looking at :

Rolland & Nieve 16/1
Bart de Clerq 40/1
Dan Martin 66/1

Personally I'm sticking my £1 e/w on Simon Clarke @ 150/1

I still think we are due a stage that I thought Sunday would be.

Basically a group of no marks up the road looking for the stage win.
The GC race probably more exciting but 10 minutes down the road.

With that someone like Brice Feillu, Jezza Roy (again) or David Veilleux just because the other 2 Europcar's aren't getting it done.

Oh and Rein Taaramae seemed too TT better than he's ridden so far this year.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I spy with my little eye,
something beginning with...

...new avatar

[tweet]357607812534243328[/tweet]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I still think we are due a stage that I thought Sunday would be.

Basically a group of no marks up the road looking for the stage win.
The GC race probably more exciting but 10 minutes down the road.

With that someone like Brice Feillu, Jezza Roy (again) or David Veilleux just because the other 2 Europcar's aren't getting it done.

Oh and Rein Taaramae seemed too TT better than he's ridden so far this year.

Maybe he's recovered?, but Brice Feillu has been ill and hanging off the back of the peloton most days. Can't argue with the other two shouts though. I'd like to add Rudy once again to be in the break just for good measure, but I doubt he can make it all the way to the end unfortunately.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Now this is bloody scary! Add in rain and it's off the scale :eek:

Just how desperate is Contador not to be content with 2nd I wonder???

[video=vimeo;70139351]http://vimeo.com/70139351[/video]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here