Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night *** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ***

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Very little is being reported on the Greens performance, but 4 MPs is a fantastic result
It’s on the front page of BBC news, and to be fair the BBC interviewed the co-leader about their wins and haven’t spoken to Reform before or since Tice much earlier in the evening. They haven’t spoken to Plaid Cymru either, it’s just not the main story of the night to be fair

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
The party with no plan - their plan worked perfectly !

What was the Tories plan in the end? scarper...?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It was a bit of a rollercoaster. Even though exit poll was decent, the 13 predicted seats for Reform was disappointing, and then more so when they revised the Cons up to 160 and LDs and Labour down by about 10 each.

Got to be happy with the outcome with Lab, LD and Greens all outperforming the exit poll prediction at expense of Reform and Cons!
It’s reassuring more of the Tory voters turned to Libs rather than Reform.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I didn't make it the whole night but what wonderful stuff to wake up to.

Truss, The Victorian Lizardman both losing their seats. Reform not nabbing as many as the exit poll predicted. A good night for Lib Dems and the Greens.

And crucially, finally, an end to 14 years of calamitous Tory rule.

I'm going to treat myself to an extra dollop of peanut butter on my toast.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It’s reassuring more of the Tory voters turned to Libs rather than Reform.
Anywhere reporting the percentages overall? C4 were covering it earlier and Reform was only on about 14% after about 350 declarations, which included their 4 wins and general best areas of support.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Truss being interviewed now, still banging on about all the things (immigration etc) her constituents destroyed her on.

No contrition just Total delusion right to the end

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Anywhere reporting the percentages overall? C4 were covering it earlier and Reform was only on about 14% after about 350 declarations, which included their 4 wins and general best areas of support.
15% was the last I saw.
Interestingly, looks like Labour's 40% in 2017 will be larger than their 2024 landslide-winning percentage. Tories got c24%

Edit: see this link, showing Labour on just 34.7%, whereas Reform got 14.3% (still some to delare):

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
@Bozza - please can you unlock the Liz Truss thread now otherwise people will get upset this thread is too much about her/my posts and not other results? Thanks.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I've got relatives in Tory stronghold, Northptonshire South. They were hoping for Labour to boot out the Tories, but not hopeful. Although they thought it might be close. So I'm looking out for that one.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
@Bozza - please can you unlock the Liz Truss thread now otherwise people will get upset this thread is too much about her/my posts and not other results? Thanks.
I think it should be pinned to the top

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
It’s on the front page of BBC news, and to be fair the BBC interviewed the co-leader about their wins and haven’t spoken to Reform before or since Tice much earlier in the evening. They haven’t spoken to Plaid Cymru either, it’s just not the main story of the night to be fair
Perhaps I didn't word that particularly well - it's being reported, but I don't feel it acknowledges the level of performance. I don't remember seeing much suggestion that the Greens would get any more than 2 MPs, it's a phenomenal result for them

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Are there any Etonians left in parliament, or Harrowians for that matter and is this finally the end of the Bullingdon Club era?

Who in the Tory party will be able to carry the natural ruling party aura now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here