Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night *** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ***

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
15% was the last I saw.
Interestingly, looks like Labour's 40% in 2017 will be larger than their 2024 landslide-winning percentage. Tories got c24%

Edit: see this link, showing Labour on just 34.7%, whereas Reform got 14.3% (still some to delare):

Only 8 seats to declare so it’s not going to change. Reform have only got 14.3% whereas they were polling 16-17% in final week.

Labour only on 33.9%, which is a shockingly low percentage for any party to win such a strong majority with. Our system definitely needs changing

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Labour only on 33.9%, which is a shockingly low percentage for any party to win such a strong majority with. Our system definitely needs changing
It certainly highlights how undemocratic our system is regardless of who is in power.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fell asleep after Mogg and missed Truss (grr), but what a fantastic night

Horsham caught my eye, the last time there was not a Tory MP there was the 1840s

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Lib Dems really not far behind the Conservatives

1000005263.png

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Apathy and disenfranchisement.
Ch4 says Labour vote share is 33.9% so far
So on a 60% turnout that is only 1 in 5 of voters that have actually voted for the government.
As Rory Stewart predicted, change in the electoral system will now be back on the agenda.
I can't see this.

1 Labour have a massive majority and have no driving reason for electoral reform, other than to make some obvious changes to voter ID and possibly lower the voting age.

2 SKS is aiming to unite the country via economic growth. Anything that distracts from this challenge will not get government time.

3 Labour, the Lib Dems, the Greens and Reform UK have all focussed their efforts on maximising their results under a FPTP system. The focus would be different under whatever PR system was agreed.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Just seen Grant ‘today my indentity will be’ Schapps speech complaining about the Tory party being a soap opera … when he was one of the main actors! I’m surprised that he can walk and talk at the same time.

Reactions: A1X

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can't see this.

1 Labour have a massive majority and have no driving reason for electoral reform, other than to make some obvious changes to voter ID and possibly lower the voting age.

2 SKS is aiming to unite the country via economic growth. Anything that distracts from this challenge will not get government time.

3 Labour, the Lib Dems, the Greens and Reform UK have all focussed their efforts on maximising their results under a FPTP system. The focus would be different under whatever PR system was agreed.
Yes. Anyone pointing out Labour’s vote share is ignoring the fact that there was a lot of tactical voting among progressives, which is a factor in the LDs doing so well.

This wasn’t a vote to get Labour in as much as the Tories out and many on the centre and left have organised to achieve this.

It worked. About f***ing time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here