Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night *** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ***

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
2017 was a feel good thing, the Ohhhhhh Jeremy Corbyn honeymoon. And Teresa May didn’t the right note.
2019 was the meat on the bone Manifesto, a shopping list of things most people say are good, but respected economists said it was not credible. Moreover, he was duplicitous over Brexit, trying and failing to pretend to both camps that he was on their side.

Not like Johnson at all, then :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, that stood out for me too. Let's see how effective he proves in boosting tourism.

BREAKING NEWS: Greens take Bristol Central.

Fantastic, at last another breakthrough. Denyer deserves a greater stage, excellent in the TV hustings, when not shouted over by the patriarchy (not joking, it was always the blokes).

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Braverman and Tice, yuk. Sadly I suspect a sign of things to come.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
2017 was a feel good thing, the Ohhhhhh Jeremy Corbyn honeymoon. And Teresa May didn’t the right note.
2019 was the meat on the bone Manifesto, a shopping list of things most people say are good, but respected economists said it was not credible. Moreover, he was duplicitous over Brexit, trying and failing to pretend to both camps that he was on their side.
Yeah, the Brexit thing did him no favours.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Boston has a 'Deport all Illegal Immigrants' candidate? Presumably Reform is too left wing for him.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So not surprised. I've only been there once in my life. It's like something out of the 1970s. I went their for a cricket tour in 2021 (you'd have liked that). We sat in a bar by the pier. Jim Davison being advertised as it's top bill coming up. It's Clacton with a few more bells on.

BBC saying now what I've been trying to express. Labour have not won this election. The Tories were despised and folk went to Labour because they were tired of them and thought Labour would be no worse. Reform helped them on their way.

Good to see Michael Fabricant sailing off into the sunset and hopefully Philip Davies can join him.
Beyond the worrying rise of Reform, the starkest and least commented upon stats from this election is the turnout. Looking like the lowest ever and, if not, down to 2001 levels. Strongest explanation is Tory voters not turning out, but Labour's failure to inspire might be another.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Beyond the worrying rise of Reform, the starkest and least commented upon stats from this election is the turnout. Looking like the lowest ever and, if not, down to 2001 levels. Strongest explanation is Tory voters not turning out, but Labour's failure to inspire might be another.
Yes got to be a factor. People disillusioned with politics - also explains rise of Reform.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Mourdant up next... and gone!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Mourdant looks anxious

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not like Johnson at all, then :lolol:

He was an EU chameleon the once. Corbyn thought he was smart by saying entirely different things to different parts of the electorate mid campaign. Exemplified by the Richard Burgon EU interview (still on youtube). Corbyn was a lifelong critic and more of the EU as a capitalist club, that freedom of movement drove wages and incomes to the lowest common denominator.

But you’re missing the reason for this current chat. The growing argument tonight from the people who deem Starmer and Reeves at Red Tories, is that Corbyn got more of a mandate than them.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Portsmouth is RED

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Therese Coffey loses to the Greens

Mourdant OUT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports