Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night *** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting. I’ve followed this for ages, pre election for an age I think 150 was the most likely outcome, today call it 110 seats. Other Betfair odds … Greens short odds for Bristol Central and Brighton Pavilion, sadly Parker takes Clacton.

IMG_2330.png

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Almost certainly the most predictable - and therefore the least interesting - GE in my lifetime. Hoping for a good sleep; nice dreams would be a bonus!
Depends what side of the fence you're on.

It's like we're guaranteed to thrash Palace - and relegate them.

Sure. the result is a foregone conclusion, but is it going to be 6-1 or 7-1? Maybe 8-1?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Depends what side of the fence you're on.

It's like we're guaranteed to thrash Palace - and relegate them.

Sure. the result is a foregone conclusion, but is it going to be 6-1 or 7-1? Maybe 8-1?
You're confusing reality with fantasy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've recently rediscovered the salt and vinegar flavour of Walkers (previously: Smiths) Square Crisps. They have a fantastic tang.

I was buying them from the Friends of Worthing Hospital cafe. I shall attempt to source some elsewhere for tonight.
Do you remember Discos? They were made my KP and their salt and vinegar flavour was fantastic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Update. Sausages have been located and will be delivered in an hours time.

D33F82B5-B6EF-43A9-B9A3-D616B7DB00C3.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m struggling to keep a lid on things today. Here I am 5 minutes ago in my lounge

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sausages have arrived!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I picked up 6 beers from my favourite local brewery last night. I also just popped a bottle of rosé wine in the fridge. Keeping my options open for tonight.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I have a big bag of crisps, a full jar of coffee and a small bottle of scotch.

Sadly I can’t keep myself in the manner of some here, but I will be having a small celebratory dram if we do indeed see the back of these shysters.

I fear the fact that twenty percent of the UK population seem to blindly just vote Conservative regardless of what they say or do, so am not yet convinced that we will be seeing the sort of result some polls are predicting.

I’ve done my democratic duty, will head to bed at nine with the alarm set for two AM. Speak to those of you making a night of it and still sober enough to type then.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm just about to pop out to stock up. I'm having a home made pizza tonight which should keep me going for a while, I've got some arancini and seeing HT's post, I'll get some Clonakilty and crispy bread for an early hours booster, together with some crisps and nibbles. I'm well stocked with beer and wine, but just before I go, any other suggestions ?

Athletes eat bananas and fruit don't they ? Mrs Wz has a bunch of bananas, blueberries, oranges and a melon if I get desperate :wink:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
OK, my plan, 2 hour afternoon nap
Couple of pints over in Amberley and then back for something to eat.

Snacks from 10 pm

Chicken Drumsticks
Plums
Grapes
Chewits
Plain Crisps
Lipton Peach Iced Tea

Try this every election, normally last until 2.30-3 ish, we’ll see if I can beat that tonight

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm just about to pop out to stock up. I'm having a home made pizza tonight which should keep me going for a while, I've got some arancini and seeing HT's post, I'll get some Clonakilty and crispy bread for an early hours booster, together with some crisps and nibbles. I'm well stocked with beer and wine, but just before I go, any other suggestions ?

Athletes eat bananas and fruit don't they ? Mrs Wz has a bunch of bananas, blueberries, oranges and a melon if I get desperate :wink:
Don’t make the mistake I made last GE, purchased vintage Aspall cider ….. I was asleep by 1

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
OK, my plan, 2 hour afternoon nap
Couple of pints over in Amberley and then back for something to eat.

Snacks from 10 pm

Chicken Drumsticks
Plums
Grapes
Chewits
Plain Crisps
Lipton Peach Iced Tea

Try this every election, normally last until 2.30-3 ish, we’ll see if I can beat that tonight

Grapes?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just about to go to Tesco. WHAT SHOULD I BUY?

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Laughathon? Is this what you mean…

Was at the traffic lights 8.00 this morning and 4 cheering clowns - one on each corner - beaming away holding up labour boards , revelling in their self import - cheering every beeping car 🙄

Can’t help myself sometimes- I wound the window down as we went by, “On strike already? The polls have only just opened “

I’ve got more..

Local Independent candidate’s leaflet … one side printed in red the other side printed in green (clues abound!) one of her achievements was helping locals during covid including shopping. Not many prospective parliamentary candidates that list shopping as one of their attributes. In order to end the war in Palestine she will, amongst other things, “end arms dealing” and to solve the economic crisis she will, “close ALL tax loopholes “

Well it had me rolling anyway 😆😆

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here