Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night *** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ***

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
What order do you go in?

Like a good cheeseboard, the sequence of attack is absolutely key.
Wispa first. Looks good but the aerated centre always leaves you felling a bit mis-sold.
Freddo last. Punches well above its weight.
Middle is up to you but alternation is best so I’d go Little Bar, Fudge, Buttons, Crunchie.
Object being to start when the first result comes in and string it out until about 4AM (or until we see Suella crying in a sports hall).

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
My mind’s willing, but will be knackered on the night. I’ve never been a daytime napper so can’t get a snooze in on the Thursday in prep, nor crash on Friday daytime. Need to work out a caffeine or Amphet strategy.
You've got me thinking. This needs careful planning.

The first two Euro quarter finals are on July 5 at 17.00 and 20.00 hours. Not sure if we will be in these or the ones on July 6. But given that Southgate will have got England into this round with some sparkling football, we may have to sober up after an all-nighter, have a good kip, and be up ready on the beer again to see England crash out on penalties.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Apologies if already mentioned but the Ch4 line-up looks good - Guru-Murthy and Maitlis joined by Rory Stewart and Alistair Campbell whose podcast is going to be broadcast on Ch4 starting tonight I think.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Apologies if already mentioned but the Ch4 line-up looks good - Guru-Murthy and Maitlis joined by Rory Stewart and Alistair Campbell whose podcast is going to be broadcast on Ch4 starting tonight I think.

Guru-Murthy comes across as full of himself. I bet he loves looking in the mirror.

Who’ve GB News got on the night? Katie Hopkins, Eamonn Holmes, Jim Ratcliffe, Alex Jones and a retired Argentinian colonel?

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Guru-Murthy comes across as full of himself. I bet he loves looking in the mirror.

Who’ve GB News got on the night? Katie Hopkins, Eamonn Holmes, Jim Ratcliffe, Henry Bolton and a retired Argentinian colonel?
I heard it would be Richard Littlejohn, Gary Bushell, Dominic Diamond and Baz Bamigboye.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
First proper MRP poll out. The company who did this were spot on in 2019…

Tories heading for a Canada 1993 style wipeout.

Attachments

• 4410D776-6EA6-4550-8E7C-9566A8383F04.jpeg
    4410D776-6EA6-4550-8E7C-9566A8383F04.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 60

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First proper MRP poll out. The company who did this were spot on in 2019…

Tories heading for a Canada 1993 style wipeout.

It’s the first time for the party where absolute selfish tunnel vision for an ideology (the Truss, JRM, IDS, Villiers types), failing to see the woods for the trees, has led to the almost complete destruction of their parliamentary party. 365 seats will become circa 100. There’ll be virtually no one left to select the next shadow cabinet from.

Famously, the Tories were always savvy at ameliorating bad positions.

Some can be blamed on the cost of Covid, global inflation and interest rates. Putin’s wars and energy cost. But not all.

Truss, JRM, IDS, Villiers have literally handed the keys to a government they’ll despise, possibly for two terms or more. Unable to give and take, moderate positions. Unbelievably thick. The calibre of these people.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well, I've booked next Friday off. I do love the election all nighter. A multitude of Portillo moments await.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have actually got next Friday off as we're going away for the weekend on Friday afternoon.

That being the case, I will probably be watching the results as they come in.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was thinking about this earlier. That it might be worth doing. But then I remembered it takes HOURS for the interesting results to come through. I know the good people of Sunderland (South) and Sunderland (North) love to make a big thing of returning their results first in the entire country, but they're the safest of safe seats, aren't they? The fun will come when big name sitting MPs start to lose their seats. And that could take all day.

So I'll probably sit up for a while, and then get bored and go to bed.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There's a couple of things we need next week to be properly prepared. A multi option poll for the highlights you are looking for on the night by hour, and a ten course tasting menu, preferably with associated 'drinks' flight, and hopefully matched to the expected results timetable.

Come on NSC, you're up to it :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was thinking about this earlier. That it might be worth doing. But then I remembered it takes HOURS for the interesting results to come through. I know the good people of Sunderland (South) and Sunderland (North) love to make a big thing of returning their results first in the entire country, but they're the safest of safe seats, aren't they? The fun will come when big name sitting MPs start to lose their seats. And that could take all day.

I've saved this expected results away and may well use for the basis of my ten course meal (and drinks flight) but will obviously have to use a further element of most interesting results.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...n&cvid=bbe47dfdd7c34fd3aa0d113e3438a52d&ei=55

Then get carried away, peak too early and be in bed by 2 :wink:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
There's a couple of things we need next week to be properly prepared. A multi option poll for the highlights you are looking for on the night by hour, and a ten course tasting menu, preferably with associated 'drinks' flight, and hopefully matched to the expected results timetable.

Or we could just watch it and let what happens, happen?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

You can't go in with that sort of wishy-washy strategy. You'll be lucky to make 2AM.
I'm planning to go and vote mid afternoon, couple of pints on the way back, early-ish tea and then (this is the clincher) a nice nap early evening. Get up about 9, prepare some snacks and stick a few beers in the fridge. It's important not to start drinking too early or you risk missing the big results.
I'm reckoning on heading to bed about 4:30/5:00 but only because my boy gets married on the Saturday and Mrs H will be giving me loads of jobs to do on Friday afternoon.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've saved this expected results away and may well use for the basis of my ten course meal (and drinks flight) but will obviously have to use a further element of most interesting results.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...n&cvid=bbe47dfdd7c34fd3aa0d113e3438a52d&ei=55

Then get carried away, peak too early and be in bed by 2 :wink:
I won't be having a Baileys every time a big name loses their seat. I once did that for the Boxing Day Test in Australia and England took 8 wickets before lunch. The other half was not best pleased the following day.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I usually run out of energy at 2 or 3am trying to follow along on election nights.

But for this one I'll be finishing up a period of fieldwork in Colombia, 6 hours behind BST.

So I'll finish my work for the day, safe in the knowledge my proxy vote has been cast, plug into a VPN for the UK and spend my evening following along, hopefully with some inclination of the Sussex results before I go to bed at a not-so-ludicrous time.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I won't be having a Baileys every time a big name loses their seat. I once did that for the Boxing Day Test in Australia and England took 8 wickets before lunch. The other half was not best pleased the following day.
I was trying to work out who the vulnerable "big names" are. This seems to sum it up fairly succintly I think.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I will be sleeping from 9pm to 2am then waking up for the good stuff. I genuinely still don’t know what to expect, so much of Britain seems to vote Conservative regardless of how utterly malign and incompetent they are, I’ve got a genuinely dreadful feeling that they’re not going to do nearly as badly as polls are currently predicting.

I repeat to anyone who’ll listen, please do get out to vote, don’t rely on everyone else doing it, it matters that you do it. There’s still a very real risk that Britain’s love of self-harm extends to electing the Conservative Party again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here