Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The NSC 'up all night' election night *** OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD ***

Jul 20, 2003
David 'Mouthy daft old ****, much lover by similar' Starkey has already reiterated his stupid rant about Labour returning us to the stone age.

Evidently some old twats think he's Yoda or some shit.

He's a ****,

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was terrible for the first hour with Dorries throwing a strop, but yes, once she went the analysis was really good. Even Widdecombe had some interesting points to make.

I liked it after Vorderman cut the shouting and celebrating. Not against her, a good LBC show on social justice issues. But during the grandstanding, there were seriously interesting discussions on the other 3 channels.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yes Corbyn who we are all led ro believe is kryptonite to voters wins / holds his seat, on his own by the way, with a whopping 24,120 votes
It seems many still believed he was standing as a Labour candidate.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes! So happy that Sian Berry won Pavilion. To answer @Weststander 's question, I wasn't confident. I'm genuinely stunned by the margin though. Up until I left , the local (Hollingdean and 5ways) activists were worried by the number of Labour waverers and Labour was bussing canvassers in from all over.

Perhaps Labour's candidate didn't help himself on the doorstep by being abusive about the Greens and promising that the city wouldn't get funding if he wasn't elected.
I'm also surprised by the majority. Stunning result. I'm also up in Fiveways and have done some leafletting. Have to say the Greens were disorganised yesterday. Their telling system didn't work, and they seemed to be frantic about things. We voted at 7.45. There was only a Labour teller at that point but I went for a walk up Hollingbury Fort and on my way back, there was one who I gave our polling number.
At 1, I got a call asking me to vote. At 2.30, there was a bang on the door asking me to vote. At 9.30, my partner had a call asking me to vote. We did say that the overload might put certain voters off.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It seems many still believed he was standing as a Labour candidate.
Wouldn’t surprise me. She doesn’t hang around places for long, vote counts, Downing Street…

Galloway left in a huff earlier - the prick.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Truss has done a runner. She isn’t at the count. The tosser.
@Springal indicated that there's local knowledge indicating that Truss is having mental health problems, so that might explain it, but equally cowardice might be it.
It's quite funny looking at the row of candidates, and there's now a slow hand clap from the audience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here