Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The North Stand.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How does this mammoth noise dissipate before it reaches the pitch mate.

I'm confused

;-)

I think it's probably partly to do with the fact I sit near the back, so am very boxed in noise wise, but when the WSU round me get going, it sounds utterly massive.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
We stand when we want ! we stand when we waaaaaaaant !! We are the North Stand WE STAND WHEN WE WANT !!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think it's probably partly to do with the fact I sit near the back, so am very boxed in noise wise, but when the WSU round me get going, it sounds utterly massive.

I'm a WSU acolyte and you wouldn't get me out of that stand with a rusty crowbar, the view there is utterly SPECTACULAR.

I did venture over to the East 1901 for the Forest game last season though, and the noise from the packed West when I stepped outside to get my seat just before kickoff was actually STARTLING. It was a THUNDEROUS wall of noise which came crashing down, and I nearly shit myself when Buckley scored the winner.

It IS utterly massive.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
and the noise from the packed West when I stepped outside to get my seat just before kickoff was actually STARTLING. It was a THUNDEROUS wall of noise which came crashing down, and I nearly shit myself when Buckley scored the winner.

It IS utterly massive.

Sitting in the East with the West Stand as the backdrop is total pleasure. When the West Stand starts Jumping it makes some noise (just not as often as some would lead you to believe).

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
We stand when we want ! we stand when we waaaaaaaant !! We are the North Stand WE STAND WHEN WE WANT !!!!

thats telling them ! now over the summer have you managed to write some new songs of your own? or just gonna stick with the same four?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sitting in the East with the West Stand as the backdrop is total pleasure. When the West Stand starts Jumping it makes some noise (just not as often as some would lead you to believe).

Agreed, its the one thing last season I was slightly jealous about. But now the East is a double-decker, we won't be able to see through the gaps into Bennetts Field any more. I cannot WAIT to see it tonight.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
My ST is at the North end of the East, and from there I would say for CERTAIN, that WHEN they get going, the West stand are quite a lot louder than the North. They should be though - there are about 8 x more of them.

West Stand = loudest
North Stand = loudest relative to numbers (by a distance)

The noise, etc is only part of it though. PERSONALLY speaking, I find you get a far, far better view of the game from the sides.

Spot on.

I'm a WSU acolyte and you wouldn't get me out of that stand with a rusty crowbar, the view there is utterly SPECTACULAR.

I did venture over to the East 1901 for the Forest game last season though, and the noise from the packed West when I stepped outside to get my seat just before kickoff was actually STARTLING. It was a THUNDEROUS wall of noise which came crashing down, and I nearly shit myself when Buckley scored the winner.

It IS utterly massive.

And this too.....was in East for one match last season and the West is undoubtedly a collossal noise when fired up. I had tingles, goosebumps and all sorts!

Easy10, you've always been entertaining and seemed an alround "good egg". Glad you are a West Stand Upperer as I am. All the NSCers of distinction are! :wink::wink::wink:

Pixelated Penguin

Jul 5, 2011
im glad I dont have to look at the North...............its a poor relation to the rest of the ground, but my god does it sound good when your in it. Rather be there than anywhere else, marvellous view and great noise.
Might sound good if you're in there but for the rest of the ground it is not that loud. The atmos was somewhat lacking for the first game of the season. Expected more from the newbies in the ESU.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Spot on.

And this too.....was in East for one match last season and the West is undoubtedly a collossal noise when fired up. I had tingles, goosebumps and all sorts!

Easy10, you've always been entertaining and seemed an alround "good egg". Glad you are a West Stand Upperer as I am. All the NSCers of distinction are! :wink::wink::wink:

Might sound good if you're in there but for the rest of the ground it is not that loud. The atmos was somewhat lacking for the first game of the season. Expected more from the newbies in the ESU.

but wouldn't it be great if all 4 stands could get a song going at the same time, that would be spine tingling, doesnt seam to happen though, the loudest by far is the "aaalbioooon" chant, but I think the best would be the "great escape" get that going for 15 mins would be awesome.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
but wouldn't it be great if all 4 stands could get a song going at the same time, that would be spine tingling, doesnt seam to happen though, the loudest by far is the "aaalbioooon" chant, but I think the best would be the "great escape" get that going for 15 mins would be awesome.

The best would be Sussex by the Sea but unlikely to happen as been discussed many times before....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here