Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The North Stand.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Personally i know that the North Stand is much better than the WSU.

I did have a Season ticket in the West Stand Upper and basically didn't sit there from New year onwards, i managed to get a seat in the North Stand, this season i have officially moved in to the North Stand.

I was told to be quiet one day, when i was singing my arse off. frowned upon when i swore, and obviously had to sit down all the time, now in the back of the North stand and happy as a pig in shit. I can stand, scream, sing and swear. This makes me look and feel like every other North stander..

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Personally i know that the North Stand is much better than the WSU.

I did have a Season ticket in the West Stand Upper and basically didn't sit there from New year onwards, i managed to get a seat in the North Stand, this season i have officially moved in to the North Stand.

I was told to be quiet one day, when i was singing my arse off. frowned upon when i swore, and obviously had to sit down all the time, now in the back of the North stand and happy as a pig in shit. I can stand, scream, sing and swear. This makes me look and feel like every other North stander..

Welcome to the North.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i believe you'll find the entire north stand, do in fact stand.

edit:
and sing, and shout, and have a thouroghly bloody good time watching football, not whining about the cocking stadium! :cheery:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
If you think your stands better than the north lets hear some noise from you tomorrow night instead of coming on here giving it the large.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
To me the stands surrounding the hallowed North are like those you see in films that are in fact empty behind the painted on images of people the effects people implant. They seem full of people, but upon closer inspection they're just carbon copies of those in the North, but without characteristics of their own. They jiggle and jive like us, i think, sometimes on repeat, but don't really seem to have any individual human traits. The North is of course a den of brutes and freaks and tourettes sufferers determined to enfire a night with certain sometime charmless howls, and perhaps not for the faintest of heart, but it's a place of general warmth to match its idiocy, and has enough to it to make it a stand worth mentioning.

Started reading this without noting its author. About half way along I felt the need to glance usernamewards and my growing suspicions were confirmed. It was indeed the wordsmith himself....marvellous! Always a pleasure to feast my weary eyes on your prose, good sir.

However, one thing. I most certainly do not jiggle and jive, sometimes on repeat! The very idea!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Genuine question to northstanders who suggest WSU is anything other than a mammoth noise:

Have any of you ever walked back outside from a game at the Amex with your ears ringing?

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Genuine question to northstanders who suggest WSU is anything other than a mammoth noise:

Have any of you ever walked back outside from a game at the Amex with your ears ringing?

How does this mammoth noise dissipate before it reaches the pitch mate.

I'm confused

;-)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)

Ah the deafening noise of a thousand champagne glasses clinked in toffenosed unison, adjoined to the unhealthy din of brass bells dingalinged for service. Add those to the hissing shushes and sitdowns of those displeased by verbal and physical upstandingness and you have an earbleeding night on the cards. In the North, we're allowed to bring pets in and i am very much in the mood for tonight's cock V badger half-time fight that's been advertised for an age. Their last encounter had badger come out on top, wearing cock's beak as a hat, but i've heard word that cock has been in training to reclaim his crown of the pit and may have a few tricks up his feathery sleeve. Little do both parties know, though, about my recently-purchased elephantelope, a 3-tonne horned gamboller whose crushing form approaches all enemies from a height.

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Ah the deafening noise of a thousand champagne glasses clinked in toffenosed unison, adjoined to the unhealthy din of brass bells dingalinged for service. Add those to the hissing shushes and sitdowns of those displeased by verbal and physical upstandingness and you have an earbleeding night on the cards. In the North, we're allowed to bring pets in and i am very much in the mood for tonight's cock V badger half-time fight that's been advertised for an age. Their last encounter had badger come out on top, wearing cock's beak as a hat, but i've heard word that cock has been in training to reclaim his crown of the pit and may have a few tricks up his feathery sleeve. Little do both parties know, though, about my recently-purchased elephantelope, a 3-tonne horned gamboller whose crushing form approaches all enemies from a height.

Honey Badger?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My ST is at the North end of the East, and from there I would say for CERTAIN, that WHEN they get going, the West stand are quite a lot louder than the North. They should be though - there are about 8 x more of them.

West Stand = loudest
North Stand = loudest relative to numbers (by a distance)

The noise, etc is only part of it though. PERSONALLY speaking, I find you get a far, far better view of the game from the sides.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Chucklesome sure, but in a word, no.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Quality! :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here