Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2024/25 Edition

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Well since I’ve been nominated to start one, I better do it.

Start it off with two big signings at Step 7 Westfield.

Must be gunning for promotion with 2 ex premier league players with their Steve Cook Connections.

Haven't been to their new ground yet , will have to put that right when possible , could be some interesting pre-season friendly's in the pipeline (y)

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
was wondering if anyone knew what teams will be in the SCFL Division 2 next season? Premier and Division 1 was announced a while ago but can't find anything on Division 2 (other than piecing together info from various clubs, eg. Worthing Town are in it)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well since I’ve been nominated to start one, I better do it.

Start it off with two big signings at Step 7 Westfield.

Must be gunning for promotion with 2 ex premier league players with their Steve Cook Connections.

Sychronised title, non-league legend starting the thread. Non-league joy.

My day is complete.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Top signing that for the Hawks, big loss for Lewes I always thought he was one of the standout players on the pitch for them.

Annoyed about this, excellent player, great creativity and decent finisher.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
My local team, Chatham, have signed six new players already. Looks like another big push for promotion.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I got my Rooks season ticket last night. Appears we'll have a smaller budget this year but as long as can stay up and the beer and ground is still lovely I'm happy
My Rooks mojo is currently very high, mainly due to the departing clownshow of a management team. Loving the LOCAL pre season friendlies listed (instead of a tour of Essex). Bring it on.

Agree though that Whelpers will be a big miss. -genuinely looked a class above at times last season.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I got my Rooks season ticket last night. Appears we'll have a smaller budget this year but as long as can stay up and the beer and ground is still lovely I'm happy
My Rooks mojo is currently very high, mainly due to the departing clownshow of a management team. Loving the LOCAL pre season friendlies listed (instead of a tour of Essex). Bring it on.

Agree though that Whelpers will be a big miss. -genuinely looked a class above at times last season.

Unfortunately my Rooks mojo has been low for a while. I think it will be a tough season coming up. There was talk at the end of the season that relegation of the ladies team meant the club could lose 200K of income for no longer being in the championship. If that's true that's obviously going to put a massive dent in the budget. Can't help but feel the departures at the end of the season, may well be connected to the size of the task ahead. I hope I'm well and truly wrong on this front.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
No 11 v 11's in the month of June , which bright spark at the FA came up with that idea ?

To be honest, I'm not completely against it. As someone who has played non league at a high level over here in Holland, taking holidays are a nightmare throughout the season, even during the winter 'break.' Mates of mine in England have the same issue too, managers will threaten to release you or not play you if you ask for it during the season.

Having June free at least gives you some foresight, especially with playoffs etc.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
To be honest, I'm not completely against it. As someone who has played non league at a high level over here in Holland, taking holidays are a nightmare throughout the season, even during the winter 'break.' Mates of mine in England have the same issue too, managers will threaten to release you or not play you if you ask for it during the season.

Having June free at least gives you some foresight, especially with playoffs etc.
Agreed. Also played up to conference south level here. Only stopped 3 or 4 years ago. Reporting for Pre season used to get earlier every year. It went from being mid July to start of July when I played. Younger brother plays semi pro now and his first session back was last Thursday 20th June!

Heard a few whispers than Glen Rea will be playing for Worthing next season after 6 months out.

Huge signing if true.
Have also heard the same whispers. Joined us for a short spell last season before taking said break from playing. Hopefully getting a fresh start in pre-season means we might see the best of him this time around.

Altogether, a lot to be optimistic about with the signings made by Agutter so far. Some proven pedigree at this level and National League plus some intriguing signings like Tyrese Owen, while also keeping the nucleus of last seasons squad - outside of Pearce, Felix and Rye who we expected to move on.

Obviously all has to click, but play-offs should be the aim again. Another exciting season ahead, especially with work progressing on the new North Stand terrace as well.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Have also heard the same whispers. Joined us for a short spell last season before taking said break from playing. Hopefully getting a fresh start in pre-season means we might see the best of him this time around.

Altogether, a lot to be optimistic about with the signings made by Agutter so far. Some proven pedigree at this level and National League plus some intriguing signings like Tyrese Owen, while also keeping the nucleus of last seasons squad - outside of Pearce, Felix and Rye who we expected to move on.

Obviously all has to click, but play-offs should be the aim again. Another exciting season ahead, especially with work progressing on the new North Stand terrace as well.
Have played for Aggie years ago. Fantastic coach and even better person. You’ll be fine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here