Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Listed as 4000 though there is no way that the ground is capable of hosting that number in my opinion.
The ground gets very congested in places whenever the attendance goes over 1500.

agree, 4,000 would be absolute chaos.

Would probably need some facilities on the west side of the ground for a start

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
AFC Southwick 3, Lindfield 2 at Whitehawk including an incredible banana inswinger corner goal from midfield maestro Ross Myers. Crowd of about 40 at our developing project included a bloke actually from Manchester who supported Man U and came because of the Rangnick connection, a lady from Reading, a bloke from Bulgaria and TJ and Bungle from our new sponsors, new generation punks Bar Stool Preachers. Still unbeaten at our temporary home and amused by the amount of publicity generated by the Rangnick story. Moving up the Mid Sussex League Premier and hoping to be back in the pyramid from whence the old club came next season at Step 6 in Southern Combination Division 1.
What's the latest on Old Barn Way?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Old Barn Way will be redeveloped as a community academy by the Russell Martin Foundation. It's going to take a while to get all the grants etc in place, and we have two years agreed sharing with Whitehawk for starters, the aim being to be back in the pyramid from whence the old club came (one promotion away) as soon as possible. It is incredible fun being involved with grass roots football resurrecting our little local club, the players and coaches (including manager Sammy Donnelly, an absolute football legend) are a lovely bunch and Whitehawk are being brilliant to us. Real ale, decent food, I'm back on the PA , kick offs are 2pm, free admission, programmes, replica shirts and soon T shirts on sale, all very much welcome - and of course it rarely clashes with the Albion these days.

I am absolutely loving having my cake and eating it at the opposite ends of the football pyramid, and it takes all my frustration at the excesses of modern football away. :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sussex Senior Cup quarter-final draw:

Eastbourne Town vs. Brighton & Hove Albion
Bognor Regis Town vs. Worthing
Horsham vs. Saltdean United
Horsham YMCA vs. Little Common or Three Bridges

Fixtures are to be played on or before Wednesday 19 January 2022.

Encouraging to see three, or possibly four, clubs from the Southern Premier still involved at the quarter final stage.

As far as Horsham YM are concerned we probably got the draw we wanted, home to Little Common or Three Bridges. At least it gives us an outside chance of making it into the semis, in a season where we have really struggled in the league.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
FA trophy 4th round draw....

The draw in full is:

1 Alfreton Town v Bradford Park Avenue or FC Halifax Town
2 Dagenham & Redbridge v Southend United
3 Wrexham v Folkestone Invicta
4 St Albans City v Cheshunt
5 York City v Slough Town
6 Stourbridge v Guiseley
7 Tonbridge Angels v Kings Lynn Town
8 Southport v Solihull Moors
9 Notts County v Eastleigh
10 Dartford v Weymouth
11 Aldershot Town v Bromley
12 Boreham Wood v Maidstone United
13 Morpeth Town v Boston United
14 Yeovil Town v Needham Market
15 Stockport County v Larkhall Athletic
16 Spennymoor Town v Plymouth Parkway

Ties will take place on the weekend of Saturday 15 January 2022, with winning clubs collecting £5,250 from the competition prize fund and losing clubs will get £1,500.

Doesn't seem much, in conjunction to PL monies....

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpap...415398/fa-trophy-fourth-round-draw-confirmed/

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The draw in full is:

1 Alfreton Town v Bradford Park Avenue or FC Halifax Town
2 Dagenham & Redbridge v Southend United
3 Wrexham v Folkestone Invicta
4 St Albans City v Cheshunt
5 York City v Slough Town
6 Stourbridge v Guiseley
7 Tonbridge Angels v Kings Lynn Town
8 Southport v Solihull Moors
9 Notts County v Eastleigh
10 Dartford v Weymouth
11 Aldershot Town v Bromley
12 Boreham Wood v Maidstone United
13 Morpeth Town v Boston United
14 Yeovil Town v Needham Market
15 Stockport County v Larkhall Athletic
16 Spennymoor Town v Plymouth Parkway

Ties will take place on the weekend of Saturday 15 January 2022, with winning clubs collecting £5,250 from the competition prize fund and losing clubs will get £1,500.

Doesn't seem much, in conjunction to PL monies....

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpap...415398/fa-trophy-fourth-round-draw-confirmed/

Had hoped for Torquay to get through to get another random non league ground with a mate, but they were embarrassed by Tonbridge so that was that, Southport I think got the most boring draw possible, so thats that one out the window, I might even make the trip to Athletic Newham against Littlehampton on the 15th, as the Mile End stadium is another I have not visited.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Date for your post-Christmas diary. Tuesday 28th. 7.45pm KO. Under the lights. Steyning Town v East Preston in the SCFL Premier Division. With 149 goals conceded between them over 23 games it could be a goal-fest. And the best part - Admission is FREE. This is a thank-you to all football supporters for what has been a difficult year. The Bar will be open. The Dugout Burger Bar will be open (best burgers in Sussex football). Park in Tanyard Lane (BN44 3RJ) car park and walk through to the ground.

It's going to be a great night.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A game tonight (Tues) for anyone who's based in the west of West Sussex and wants a bit of normality before the Christmas chaos arrives. Easy to get to by car and easy parking.

[tweet]1473216675168362500[/tweet]

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Date for your post-Christmas diary. Tuesday 28th. 7.45pm KO. Under the lights. Steyning Town v East Preston in the SCFL Premier Division. With 149 goals conceded between them over 23 games it could be a goal-fest. And the best part - Admission is FREE. This is a thank-you to all football supporters for what has been a difficult year. The Bar will be open. The Dugout Burger Bar will be open (best burgers in Sussex football). Park in Tanyard Lane (BN44 3RJ) car park and walk through to the ground.

Ooh a 7:45pm KO, for any other Keen insane people like me, this means you could potentially get 3 games in on that day, with Monpellier Villa kicking off at 11am and a number of conference games kicking off at 3 and then this at 7.45.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Best burgers in Sussex? that's quite a statement! Many a good burger to be found on the non league scene in my opinion. A country mile better than the overpriced offerings to be found at the Amex that's for certain.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

.... and my lad should be playing for EP :thumbsup:

Listed as 4000 though there is no way that the ground is capable of hosting that number in my opinion.
The ground gets very congested in places whenever the attendance goes over 1500.

I was recently told by someone at the club that realistically for a safety reasons, the max capacity at the moment they could have if a game was popular enough that they chose to make it all ticket (have the system in place for when capacity was capped during lockdown steps) is around the 2,500 mark. Closest they've come to pushing that was Bognor at home on the August Bank Holiday this season (around the 2,100 mark), and it was the most congested I've ever seen it at Woodside.

As has already been mentioned, plans are in place to eventually dig up the grass bank on the dugout side of the ground, put in a new stand with seating to meet ground grading for National South. Think they have a long term plan to put roof cover around most of the ground to link up with the two covered ends behind each goals as well.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

I guess the xg will be high for that match!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Best burgers in Sussex? that's quite a statement! Many a good burger to be found on the non league scene in my opinion. A country mile better than the overpriced offerings to be found at the Amex that's for certain.

Ha ha. I know. A provocative claim!

There are a number of great burgers on the local circuit, but ours are pretty good.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Ha ha. I know. A provocative claim!

There are a number of great burgers on the local circuit, but ours are pretty good.

Did Steyning v Uckfield the other week 0-0 draw. Awful game but I did enjoy my complimentary pint and burger from your chairman. The chips were horrible though. Decent setup at Steyning , not a patch on Shoreham though :ban:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Did Steyning v Uckfield the other week 0-0 draw. Awful game but I did enjoy my complimentary pint and burger from your chairman. The chips were horrible though. Decent setup at Steyning , not a patch on Shoreham though :ban:

Not a game for the neutral! Massively important clean sheet and point for the Barrowmen though.

The chairman (top man) can’t be guaranteed to offer a complimentary pint and burger for all visitors.

Top tip. Don’t try the Musselmen bitter at Shoreham. Homebrew .,,,, but great club Shoreham all the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here