Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
my experience of running a football club tells me that trying to get students out of bed to play a 3pm kick off is borderline impossible

easy route to the final for LA

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
my experience of running a football club tells me that trying to get students out of bed to play a 3pm kick off is borderline impossible

I'd love to think that will be the case, but something tells me they will be a tougher opponent than people are anticipating. They'll almost certainly be fitter than our lot, half of whom were going down with cramp from the 70th minute onwards last Saturday! They've already knocked out some good teams, including Gresley Rovers - who knocked us out of the semi finals back in '91. I can't imagine they will have a very large (established) travelling support, so home advantage is absolutely massive for us. I know they'd like to put in some temporary seating to boost the capacity still further, but I'm not sure that will be financially viable and it's less than three weeks to get it all organised.

Important not to take our eye of the ball in the league though, got some gruelling trips in the next week or so starting with Crawley Down Gatwick tomorrow.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Off to Lancing FC Tuesday for Horsham v BHAFC in the Sussex Senior Cup Semi-Final (winner to play Worthing) ... and going to Lewes v Bishop's Stortford for pie, mash, mushy peas and gravy!!

Scrap all that ... tested positive this evening ... so will miss above two games and Albion v Spurs :(

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'd love to think that will be the case, but something tells me they will be a tougher opponent than people are anticipating. They'll almost certainly be fitter than our lot, half of whom were going down with cramp from the 70th minute onwards last Saturday! They've already knocked out some good teams, including Gresley Rovers - who knocked us out of the semi finals back in '91. I can't imagine they will have a very large (established) travelling support, so home advantage is absolutely massive for us. I know they'd like to put in some temporary seating to boost the capacity still further, but I'm not sure that will be financially viable and it's less than three weeks to get it all organised.

Important not to take our eye of the ball in the league though, got some gruelling trips in the next week or so starting with Crawley Down Gatwick tomorrow.
Nah bollocks to the league. Go out and buy some tin foil to wrap round some cut out cardboard!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

12.15 kick off ?

Come on BT, do your thing !

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

One of my mates plays for Loughborough B, and he’s really good, so I expect they’ll be a tough test, they’ve coached fans to a few games this season.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
All the way to Stortford and back this evening.

Worthing well beaten 3.0.

Second best for the vast majority of the game, defensive lapse for the first goal and 2 fine finishes sees the unbeaten run ended.

Easy to see why Stortford don't concede many goals. worthy winners.

10 points clear with 7 to play but 2 tough away trips coming up at Potters Bar and Cheshunt.

Only positive from tonight is no further injuries and Folkestone dropping points at Brightlingsea.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Although much shorter in content, it's your second paragraph that is the most important. Possible promotion to the ranks of the Isthmian League will be much more satisfying long term, than ninety minutes in the sun at Wembley.

Though admittedly both would be nice!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Although much shorter in content, it's your second paragraph that is the most important. Possible promotion to the ranks of the Isthmian League will be much more satisfying long term, than ninety minutes in the sun at Wembley.

Though admittedly both would be nice!

A day at Wembley would form part of the club’s history and heritage, a season in the Isthmian (possibly followed by relegation) would soon be forgotten.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
All the way to Stortford and back this evening.

Worthing well beaten 3.0.

Second best for the vast majority of the game, defensive lapse for the first goal and 2 fine finishes sees the unbeaten run ended.

Easy to see why Stortford don't concede many goals. worthy winners.

10 points clear with 7 to play but 2 tough away trips coming up at Potters Bar and Cheshunt.

Only positive from tonight is no further injuries and Folkestone dropping points at Brightlingsea.

Well done on making that trip :thumbsup:

I have a ticket for Lewes v BS this Saturday - hoping Lewes might nick a point or three to help Worthing!!

Sadly I almost certainly won't be able to make the game as I'm currently positive for Covid :down:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I will be attempting to return to the Oak Derby on Friday, to watch Oakwood v Mile Oak on Friday, hopefully the Floodlights remain on this time.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Well done on making that trip :thumbsup:

I have a ticket for Lewes v BS this Saturday - hoping Lewes might nick a point or three to help Worthing!!

Sadly I almost certainly won't be able to make the game as I'm currently positive for Covid :down:
Should be a decent game and hopefully Lewes will give Stortford a sterner test than we managed last night.
Hope your Covid diagnosis allows you to get there.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry if already covered, but anyone here planning on going to Littlehampton's FA Vase Semi Final?

If so, any idea on likely ticket prices/availability?

Appreciate I could google these things but conversation is always more valuable.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sorry if already covered, but anyone here planning on going to Littlehampton's FA Vase Semi Final?

Appreciate I could google these things but conversation is always more valuable.

By the time Roadrunner replies it would be a heck of a lot quicker googling.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton

Details not announced yet, but likely to be similar as for the 1/4 final. They are looking to increase capacity with some temporary stands, but time (and cost) is against them. Tickets were £10 / £5 for the Shields game, 2,245 available either in person from The Sportsman or online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton

Details now released:

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/littlehamptontown/news/ticket-news-for-our-semi-final-match-2689940.html

Basically, in person from Monday and online from the following Sunday (depending on availability).

Capacity currently limited to 2,245 but they are trying to bring the capacity up to 3,000 with temporary stands.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
With no Premier league stuff this weekend, why not get down to your local side for some cracking non-league football. I shall be at the Shoreham v Epson & Ewell match which should be a cracker in the cup baring in mind their league postions. I've met 10 other former B&HA ST holders at Middle Road this season, so the non league scene definitely offers a good cheaper and more convenient option for your footy fix. Then the evening down the pub a 10 min walk away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here