Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Littlehampton Town v North Shields

It appears I have a decision to make :lolol:

Very happy to get a home tie, but Shields are tournament favourites so it's a very tough draw in that sense.

Favourites they very well may be, but they will be a very long way from home, without very much support, so it's a great chance for you Marigolds fans to get behind your boys, make a lot of coise, and give them as uncomfortable an afternoon as you possibly can.

Then who knows? that's the beauty of the cup isn't it? upsets can happen.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Another good win for Worthing tonight at Woodside.
Finished Worthing 4 Kingstonian 0.
2 goals for Kealy in the first half, Pattenden and Meekums in the second.
Young Tommy Reid in goal for Worthing tonight ably warmed up before the game by John Keeley. Harrison Male has an elbow injury but should be fit for Saturday.
Reid called into action only once, making an important 1 on 1 save in the 40th minute, 30 seconds later Worthing went in front.
2nd v 1st on Saturday as it's Bishops Stortford - who won 6.1 away at Haringey tonight - v Worthing.
Enfield beaten tonight losing 1.4 at Wingate and Finchley.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Favourites they very well may be, but they will be a very long way from home, without very much support, so it's a great chance for you Marigolds fans to get behind your boys, make a lot of coise, and give them as uncomfortable an afternoon as you possibly can.

Then who knows? that's the beauty of the cup isn't it? upsets can happen.

Blimey - That's a 700 mile round trip and a mere 6hr 30minute drive! Very expensive draw for a Non League Team is that.... Good luck to The Marigolds... Doing Sussex proud.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
wonder where the North Shields team will stay

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Off to Bedfont Sports tonight, new ground should be fun.

There’s a few grounds around there aren’t there? Believe Bedfont Sports play at the highest level..

Before a 6 day European football trip in 2018 I went to a match before flying from Heathrow. Pretty cool seeing Jumbo’s taking off while watching a game

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
wonder where the North Shields team will stay

Given their social media described Littlehampton as being in Bognor Regis, maybe Butlins?!

Joking aside, I wonder who meets the costs? Littlehampton had to increase their ticket price for the 5th round tie so as not to make a loss (although I doubt they had budgeted for the bumper crowd which materialised). If they have to cover travel and accomodation costs for the visiting team, any prize money will quickly evaporate.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
There’s a few grounds around there aren’t there? Believe Bedfont Sports play at the highest level..

Before a 6 day European football trip in 2018 I went to a match before flying from Heathrow. Pretty cool seeing Jumbo’s taking off while watching a game

Yep, pretty much next door to each other a bit like Stamco and Hastings used to be.

Bedfont Sports have a cracking setup. Very nice club house. At least it was a couple of years ago anyway.

Bedfont & Feltham is the one right at the end of the runway which is a bit more spit and sawdust.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Yep, pretty much next door to each other a bit like Stamco and Hastings used to be.

Bedfont Sports have a cracking setup. Very nice club house. At least it was a couple of years ago anyway.

Bedfont & Feltham is the one right at the end of the runway which is a bit more spit and sawdust.

Just checked and I went to the poorer of the two and saw Kensington & Ealing Borough strangely…like many London non league clubs no real support - just mates and families of players really.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Being a bit of a plane spotter myself, it was quite distracting really :lolol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just checked and I went to the poorer of the two and saw Kensington & Ealing Borough strangely…like many London non league clubs no real support - just mates and families of players really.

Put you right.

Think both clubs were well supported on the social side of things especially Bedfont Sports. The night I went there the bar was packed and only a handful came out to watch the game.

Crowborough played Bedfont in the FA cup several years ago when Neil Shipperly was their manager. His little brother who was the spit of him played at centre half. They brought about 6 older gentlemen down for the first game who nearly drank the bar dry. We drunkenly ended up best friends that night and I agreed to go to the replay in the week. Got there and they only vaguely remembered me.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Put you right.

Think both clubs were well supported on the social side of things especially Bedfont Sports. The night I went there the bar was packed and only a handful came out to watch the game.

Crowborough played Bedfont in the FA cup several years ago when Neil Shipperly was their manager. His little brother who was the spit of him played at centre half. They brought about 6 older gentlemen down for the first game who nearly drank the bar dry. We drunkenly ended up best friends that night and I agreed to go to the replay in the week. Got there and they only vaguely remembered me.

Oh I meant Kensington v AC London when I was there….attendance of 54 and most mates of players.

I’ll need to visit Bedfont Sports at some stage too.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Being a bit of a plane spotter myself, it was quite distracting really :lolol:

In my then formative years, my first taste of "football supporting" was watching my home town club Staines Town back in the late 1960/s and 70's. They had quite a successful period then, rising from the Spartan League, straight through the Athenian, and into the Isthmian set up.

Anyway l digress, have you ticked Wheatsheaf Park off yet? A pleasant place to watch football l think, and plenty of aerial action above you, being on the flightpath into and out of Heathrow.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
In my then formative years, my first taste of "football supporting" was watching my home town club Staines Town back in the late 1960/s and 70's. They had quite a successful period then, rising from the Spartan League, straight through the Athenian, and into the Isthmian set up.

Anyway l digress, have you ticked Wheatsheaf Park off yet? A pleasant place to watch football l think, and plenty of aerial action above you, being on the flightpath into and out of Heathrow.

No, not yet, I almost went in the summer, but we then announced our pre season game at Luton

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Another good win for Worthing tonight at Woodside.
Finished Worthing 4 Kingstonian 0.
2 goals for Kealy in the first half, Pattenden and Meekums in the second.
Young Tommy Reid in goal for Worthing tonight ably warmed up before the game by John Keeley. Harrison Male has an elbow injury but should be fit for Saturday.
Reid called into action only once, making an important 1 on 1 save in the 40th minute, 30 seconds later Worthing went in front.
2nd v 1st on Saturday as it's Bishops Stortford - who won 6.1 away at Haringey tonight - v Worthing.
Enfield beaten tonight losing 1.4 at Wingate and Finchley.

Big game v Enfield coming up - I heard Enfield have sold 900 tickets ???
Should be a cracking atmosphere!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Big game v Enfield coming up - I heard Enfield have sold 900 tickets ???
Should be a cracking atmosphere!

Worthing's next three games are Enfield Town, Bishops Stortford and Lewes- 2nd,3rd and 4th place

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here