Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Heading up to Billingshurst Tonight, to tick off another SCFL Div 1 Ground, hopefully no floodlight failures today. Followed by a trip to Sporting Bengal United in East London, before finishing off the week with Wick v Mile Oak on Friday. After Watford on Saturday, I'm going to give Watford Women v Lewes Women a visit to get Kings Langley's ground ticked off.

Last edited:

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Heading up to Billingshurst Tonight, to tick off another SCFL Div 1 Ground, hopefully no floodlight failures today. Followed by a trip to Sporting Bengal United in East London, before finishing off the week with Wick v Mile Oak on Friday. After Watford on Saturday, I'm going to give Watford Women v Lewes Women a visit to get Kings Langley's ground ticked off.
Jack why not Charlton tomorrow night ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Jack why not Charlton tomorrow night ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I did think about it, but there isn't really another opportunity for Sporting Bengal United until the end of the season, and that would be a new ground, as much as I love the valley.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I did think about it, but there isn't really another opportunity for Sporting Bengal United until the end of the season, and that would be a new ground, as much as I love the valley.

With an attendance of only 25 in their last home match they should be pleased to see an extra body at their ground :thumbsup:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
With an attendance of only 25 in their last home match they should be pleased to see an extra body at their ground :thumbsup:

I've changed my mind as I noticed they had a fixture on the 9th of March, so I will head down to the Valley instead to see the 18s

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I love these local non-league clubs that have sprung up in recent years, Sporting Bengal, and Romania FC being just two, presumably set up and in the most part run by ex-pats.

Britain is such a wonderfully diverse country now. Long may it continue that way.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Although, reading this in the local rag, I'm not sure the result will be much different to the game at Newham if we do end up playing Brockenhurst....

“It’s frustrating that we will be missing Tom Biggs, Ryan Peake and George Gaskin through suspension, and we’ve had a setback with Joe Benn as well." Fifty-goal Benn dislocated his shoulder in the Newham game and is unlikely to play again for a month or so.

That's their best four players :(

Game on!!

Capture.PNG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Romsey v Downton for me this weekend ,new tick and a trip to The Steel tank alehouse in Chandlers Ford after .

I’ll eagerly await your review of the Steel Tank, more than the game. I’ve driven past it twice every day for years, and never been in.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
An absolute rout in SCFL division 1, with Billingshurst turning up on the day to win 5-1 against Godalming Town. A young looking side wiped the floor with Godalming. Although it could have changed if Godalming hadn’t missed a penalty at 3-1. A nice little ground down a back alley, which I did think at one point this may be the ground hop where I finally die, but it appeared out of nowhere. Not much in terms of facilities and stands but a nice little clubhouse. Also the linesman just decided to turn up in trackies for some reason.

The alley way of death which lead to the ground
B06DAB7C-318F-4DA7-8939-A575B211BF0D.jpeg

Tracksuit donning Linesman
C1792494-9BBD-492C-BAB7-CE6CA3210254.jpeg

Billingshurst’s little stand
6CAE5F2D-0D24-47C0-A045-0D944A6F264A.jpeg

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Lingfield 2 Crawley Down 0.

Easy to see why Lingfield have had so many games postponed because of a waterlogged pitch. Despite minimal rain recently the pitch was very heavy and in some areas the ball hardly bounced. Floodlights were also the worst I have seen in the County League being very low and not particularly bright. Had to try and spectate without looking upwards who you will end up temporarily blinded despite their dimness.
Friendly welcome though from the locals and a reasonable crowd as this game was a local 'derby' of sorts.
Scrappy game won with a goal in each half for the home side who deserved the win. The second goal coming from a penalty which was disputed by the visitors and annoyed the Crawley contingent on the terraces who spent the remainder of the game informing the ref how 'good' he was!

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Just done a behind doors friendly Steyning v Shoreham. Shoreham won 0-2 to do the double against division above Steyning this season. Next up is Shoreham under 23s v Peacehaven tomorrow night. Come on [MENTION=21244]jackalbion[/MENTION], come and watch the boy play!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Just done a behind doors friendly Steyning v Shoreham. Shoreham won 0-2 to do the double against division above Steyning this season. Next up is Shoreham under 23s v Peacehaven tomorrow night. Come on [MENTION=21244]jackalbion[/MENTION], come and watch the boy play!

I’ve changed my mind and I’m off to the 18s at the Valley instead, if it gives me an excuse to tick off Alford I’ll come along :lolol:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I’ll eagerly await your review of the Steel Tank, more than the game. I’ve driven past it twice every day for years, and never been in.

I will review IF we get in ,heard on the grapevine the owner can be choosy on who it lets in .If not Steam Town in Eastleigh will get a visit ,always a warm welcome there.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
An absolute rout in SCFL division 1, with Billingshurst turning up on the day to win 5-1 against Godalming Town. A young looking side wiped the floor with Godalming. Although it could have changed if Godalming hadn’t missed a penalty at 3-1. A nice little ground down a back alley, which I did think at one point this may be the ground hop where I finally die, but it appeared out of nowhere. Not much in terms of facilities and stands but a nice little clubhouse. Also the linesman just decided to turn up in trackies for some reason.

The alley way of death which lead to the ground
View attachment 144896

Tracksuit donning Linesman
View attachment 144897

Billingshurst’s little stand
View attachment 144898

A good mate is Godalming's assistant manager ,extra training tomorrow night .

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Crowborough V Deal this weekend which according the google maps 156.4 mile round trip.

Gotta be one of the longest at step 5 hasn't it?

As Peacehaven used to regularly play Wick, 4 of us decided one day we’d do the away match by car, We never got to se the game though, we got as far as Dundee then the Cambelt went

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Crowborough V Deal this weekend which according the google maps 156.4 mile round trip.

Gotta be one of the longest at step 5 hasn't it?

Helston to Clevedon in the Western League Premier Division is a 344 mile round trip.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here