Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Tough days continue for Steyning Town. An 8-0 thumping from Littlehampton - fully deserved - on Saturday. Good reports of the set up and welcome at Littlehampton - so fair play to The Marigolds.

76 goals scored in 21 league matches, Benn is on, what, 50 now? We'll be along for a visit before long and I can't wait.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Oh that's not nice to hear.

Yeah it was really disappointing. I've really enjoyed going to the Dripping Pan this year, and that's the first time I've heard it. Sadly though it seemed to be a quite a vocal group. Probably 20 guys.

As Cowfold Seagull said, you get these idiots at all levels of football, its just really horrible to witness.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
76 goals scored in 21 league matches, Benn is on, what, 50 now? We'll be along for a visit before long and I can't wait.

45, I think, but still ridiculous for this early in the season. I've watched lots of Littlehampton this season, they are fantasic value for money. Front 3 or 4 of Benn Jarvis, Gaskin and Pattenden are an absolute handful for any opposition. Tom Biggs, when available, is a really good midfielder as well. The defence isn't the best, which makes it even more entertaining when we play a half decent team.

Hoping to go to the game at Alfold tomorrow night, but I think the weather might have other ideas. Probably wouldn't be a bad thing as they would get a nice rest ahead of Saturday's "tie of the round" game at home to Sheppey United in the FA Vase 3rd Round. Sheppey are unbeaten at the top of the Southern Counties East League, so it should be an absolute belter of a game. It's a repeat of last year's Vase tie which Littlehampton won on penalties after a 3-3 draw.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yeah it was really disappointing. I've really enjoyed going to the Dripping Pan this year, and that's the first time I've heard it. Sadly though it seemed to be a quite a vocal group. Probably 20 guys.

As Cowfold Seagull said, you get these idiots at all levels of football, its just really horrible to witness.

Sad to hear, any idea if they were away fans?

Edit- Just seen your other post that they were chanting at the away keeper, apologies.

Unusual for idiots to attend the Dripping Pan, every time I’ve been everyone has been well behaved, also a very friendly crowd as a rule.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
There was a group of dickheads behind the goal in the second half, chanting racist abuse at the away keeper. Very disappointing to witness.

Whoa I was there and it wasn't racist. They called him a fatty, nothing more. The crowd wouldn't tolerate racist abuse. Stewards came into the crowd at the previous match when language became a bit sweary, but nothing like as bad as North Stand at Amex can be.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Whoa I was there and it wasn't racist. They called him a fatty, nothing more. The crowd wouldn't tolerate racist abuse. Stewards came into the crowd at the previous match when language became a bit sweary, but nothing like as bad as North Stand at Amex can be.
I wasn't there but know people who were. Would be completely amazed if it was racist abuse, as you say it just would not be tolerated. It's not as overtly right on a crowd as say Whitehawk or Dulwich but no element is racist or bigoted.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Braggfan

May 12, 2014

It was 100% racist. They did call him fatty and then changed to a racist chant. I wasn't mistaken, I didn't misinterpret it, it was clearly clearly racist chanting.

Edit: I'm reluctant to repeat what they said on here, but it was very clearly racist.

Last edited:

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
It was 100% racist. They did call him fatty and then changed to a racist chant. I wasn't mistaken, I didn't misinterpret it, it was clearly clearly racist chanting.

Edit: I'm reluctant to repeat what they said on here, but it was very clearly racist.

Afraid we'll have to agree to disagree. Had I heard anything racist I'd have reported it to the stewards who I know at Lewes will take action.

One thing we can agree on, is there no room for racism in any form at football or anywhere else in life.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Free Entry at Shooting Field tomorrow evening. Fixture switch due to waterlogged pitch at Crawley Down. Peter Bentley Cup. Park Tanyard Lane and walk through to the ground.

Was the match still on tonight given the atrocious weather? Few matches postponed due to waterlogged pitches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Was the match still on tonight given the atrocious weather? Few matches postponed due to waterlogged pitches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, still on, the benefits of a 3G pitch.

Sadly I don’t think Steyning will be progressing in the Peter Bentley Cup this season.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
Afraid we'll have to agree to disagree. Had I heard anything racist I'd have reported it to the stewards who I know at Lewes will take action.

One thing we can agree on, is there no room for racism in any form at football or anywhere else in life.

In fairness to you, my friend went to the toilet and missed it as they only chanted it once.
But there isn't anything to debate, the was a chant about the Potters Bar keeper, Hafed Al Droubi, and it referred to him in a derogatory manner being an immigrant.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Managed to get up to Boreham Wood v St Albans on Monday night, pretty foregone conclusion from the outset with Boreham Wood barely having to break a sweat. Boreham Wood don't half have some aggressive and unruly fans though, proper knuckle draggers. A couple of days off from football now until Sunday, then will hopefully try and find a senior cup game to get to on the 14th, if the Brighton game gets rescheduled to then that would be great.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Managed to get up to Boreham Wood v St Albans on Monday night, pretty foregone conclusion from the outset with Boreham Wood barely having to break a sweat. Boreham Wood don't half have some aggressive and unruly fans though, proper knuckle draggers. A couple of days off from football now until Sunday, then will hopefully try and find a senior cup game to get to on the 14th, if the Brighton game gets rescheduled to then that would be great.

The mighty Shoreham at home Saturday against Forest Row

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

You talk of the fans being aggressive and unruly, well the Boreham Wood players aren't exactly shrinking violets either! Was hoping for a St. Albans win, if only because they do at least try to play some free flowing football.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Understand BWs link with Arsenal extends to those not wanting the sanitised EPL follow BW, a large number who have been banned by Arsenal. Apparently most EPL London hoolies have a “2nd” club.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Crowborough V Rusthall re-arranged for the 14th if you fancy a jaunt to the north of the county.

How many games are you on now?

Have to say I’m quite tempted by Seaford as it’s a new ground, 75 games for the season now, should be to 100 by January some time, I use the train to these games, so Crowborough is a bit of a trek on a Tuesday, will have to do it on a Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here