Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Nigels limp on to 8200 season ticket sales!

Interesting about Nigels, I would have said that like ourselves they have a broad cross section of supporters. Some Palace fans are as right wing as HB&B but on the other hand there are some areas around Croydon that make Whitehawk look salubrious. To be honest you'll find plenty of Charlton and Millwall fans in that area not to mention all the plastic Chelsea fans. I've never quite worked out why people call them Pikeys though, there's not many caravans around Croydon. Fair number of derelict houses of course.

I think it might be palarse's close proximity to Gypsy Hill.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
dont forget we've sold 18,000 STs and I bet half of them are not BHA fans!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
It's not just Palarse that are called Nigels though is it? Charlton also have that moniker, and I have even known Millwall fans call West Ham fans Nigels a well.

Back on topic, I do think that we have obviously sold ST, because of the pull of the Amex, and winning League 1 comfortably. If we were in a similar position to Palarse, I wouldn't be surprised to lose half of the ST holders for next season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's not just Palarse that are called Nigels though is it? Charlton also have that moniker, and I have even known Millwall fans call West Ham fans Nigels a well.
None of that is true as far as I know.

Charlton are train spotters, or sometimes NORMANs. Never ever ever heard Millwall fans refer to West Ham as Nigels either!

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011

Is most likely correct, the club has one season to convince them to become fans though, a poor season will 'reset' the ST sales I suspect.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
8200 is alright, not as good as us, but its alright.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well if they move to the Crystal Palace athletics stadium that would be the case, Selhurst is not that close though (I used to live in Gypsy Hill).

Well its less than 2 miles from Selhurst to the athletics stadium, so both ARE close.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We do look a bit twattish laughing at a nearly relegated team playing in a shithole selling twice as many season tickets as we've sold each season for decades( whatever the reason) until this season. It's a bit cringeworthy really.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
8200 is alright, not as good as us, but its alright.

No it's not ! It's a poxy amount for a Championship team with approx 6million people living in South London and only 2 other clubs in the area. No wonder they are putting up posters.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
No it's not ! It's a poxy amount for a Championship team with approx 6million people living in South London and only 2 other clubs in the area. No wonder they are putting up posters.

Says a bloke who has only supported Brighton since January.Was it the pretty lop sided ground that convinced you?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We do look a bit twattish laughing at a nearly relegated team playing in a shithole selling twice as many season tickets as we've sold each season for decades( whatever the reason) until this season. It's a bit cringeworthy really.

Do you think so? I think that our crowds have been pretty decent give the horrendous conditions the fans have had to put up with. What's Palace's excuse?

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes

I'm guessing your remarks are slightly tongue in cheek - but if you are being serious are you saying that 9,000 people are prepared to either stump up a wodge of cash upfront or a monthly fee having had no previous connection with our club? I maybe wrong on this but the five people I know who are now Amex STHs who weren't at Withers are Seagull fans. They were either STH at the Goldstone and/or have been to quite a few games at the Goldstone/Gills/Withers and away games. It's just that they wouldn't commit to getting a ST at shitdean. I know there will be newbies etc and they are more than welcome - but 9,000 who weren't fans before? I don't think so.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you think so? I think that our crowds have been pretty decent give the horrendous conditions the fans have had to put up with. What's Palace's excuse?

We struggled to sell that many seats PER GAME when we were at the Goldstone in the old 2nd division, I'm all for taking the piss out of Palace but I think 8200 is a reasonable season ticket take up in a shit stadium with a shit team for the last two seasons, especially when you can pay on the gate.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Desperately Seeking Nigel :

"Crystal Palace owners CPFC 2010 have made one final plea for people to buy season tickets by erecting 100 giant posters across south London.

Just 8,200 tickets for next season have been sold so far, some way short of the target of 10,000, with 1,500 holders from last year still to renew their ticket.

In an effort to encourage those sitting on the fence, the club has stepped up their 'Born in South London' and 'South London and Proud' campaign by producing 100 new giant posters that will be appearing on billboards throughout south London this week.

The posters will feature three Palace academy graduates - Sean Scannell, Nathaniel Clyne and Kieron Cadogan - while there will also be a new poster showing Palace fans in the Holmesdale stand entitled 'You are the 12th Man'.

As a result season ticket prices will be held at the current levels until June 30, with last season's ticket holders entitled to a final chance to join at January prices.

"We have decided it is now time for one final push to encourage those who are wavering to renew," said a statement by owners CPFC 2010.

"And also to appeal to the many thousands of casual Palace fans out there, to join those of us who attend every game and participate in the continued renaissance of our great football club.

"There are some fantastic fixtures to look forward to next season, and the best way to guarantee your seat at Selhurst Park is to purchase your ticket now.

"We expect games against the likes of West Ham, Millwall, Brighton and Leeds United to be sell-outs.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We struggled to sell that many seats PER GAME when we were at the Goldstone in the old 2nd division, I'm all for taking the piss out of Palace but I think 8200 is a reasonable season ticket take up in a shit stadium with a shit team for the last two seasons, especially when you can pay on the gate.

And you're surrounded by bigger clubs, it's a pretty decent number in reality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here