Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Nigel Adkins Quote...

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
And he didn't have his team give us the guard of honour. Serious lack of class there.

But for me it isn't what he says, I don't really care about that. It's his demeanour. He just has this look about him that irritates me. Successful manager, annoying face. Not that I let that colour my usual indifference to southampton.

I stand corrected (said the man with the orthopaedic shoe). You clearly have obvious and valid reason for hatred.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I stand corrected (said the man with the orthopaedic shoe). You clearly have obvious and valid reason for hatred.

Thank you. I make no attempt to suggest it as something it isn't.

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
what a dork you are.

Look, adkins only real reason for albion hatred was his 'keep up' comment. At the time he hadn't long been saints manager and he wanted to send the message that saints still werent out of the running as far as the title was concerned (tbf if albion hadn't had such a brilliant run mid season he would have achieved it). At the time i thought the comment was a bit strange - all saints fans cared about was getting 2nd and out of that division. Ffs nigel worry about the title once were there.

However since then i cant think of a single bad comment he's made. He doesnt really seem to complain about referee decisions and unless im mistaken he didnt really react to the d&r comments or plymouth game complaint. Many other managers would find it difficult not getting into a war of words. He just gets on with it and has a great attitude towards the game.

another cock !!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What a dork you are.

Look, Adkins only real reason for Albion hatred was his 'keep up' comment. At the time he hadn't long been Saints manager and he wanted to send the message that Saints still werent out of the running as far as the title was concerned (tbf if Albion hadn't had such a brilliant run mid season he would have achieved it). At the time I thought the comment was a bit strange - all Saints fans cared about was getting 2nd and out of that division. FFS Nigel worry about the title once were there.

Are you seriously suggesting it was only mid-season? Top from September (second month into the season) and 8 wins on the bounce in March (just over a month from the end of the season), plus everything in the middle, and top of the division for 9 months... yeah that was all down to mid season wasn't it? And the only minor bad run coming when we had already won the league by a country mile. Wake up and smell the roses old boy.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Are you seriously suggesting it was only mid-season? Top from September (second month into the season) and 8 wins on the bounce in March (just over a month from the end of the season), plus everything in the middle, and top of the division for 9 months... yeah that was all down to mid season wasn't it? And the only minor bad run coming when we had already won the league by a country mile. Wake up and smell the roses old boy.

I said you had a brilliant mid season run. I didnt say the rest of your season was gash. I think my original point was that in most other seasons, the run we put together would have made us champions and that Adkins hadn't foreseen you're overall large points mass. He naturally underestimated your consistency.

Or maybe you already know this but just wanted another reason to shoehorn the fact you finished above us last season for the first time in 50 years, even though 10/11 1st or 2nd is irrelivant to us know. The difference between being mid table and 5 points clear at the top is probably not though.

So jog on LB and quit your anti Saints rants.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I said you had a brilliant mid season run. I didnt say the rest of your season was gash.

Good recovery!

So jog on LB and quit your anti Saints rants.

Couldn't give a thruppeny bit about SCC.

This, and other threads regarding Stains is no different to the NSC build up to any forthcoming match. Don't be quite so sensitive about it all, no rants from me scummer... if it hurts your feelings don't log into a Brighton fan site... schimples.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Bit odd to be moaning about anti Saints rants on a Brighton board when despite the fact that a Saints fan dragged this thread back up you still chose to misrepresent us on your own forum. Yet more banners planned by Albion fans | SaintsWeb
What's all that about?

Haha, good to see most of the people repsonding to that realise it was started in March and then bounced recently by a Saints fan. Made yourself look a bit silly there redneb

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here