Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Nigel Adkins Quote...

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
shh Sim. To our Saints friends, last season didnt actually EXIST. It was just rolled into this season to make one super duper double season where only prizes at the end count.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Christ your still on this !!!

Surely any such a banner would look ridiculous when this season his comments do actually carry a lot of weight.

I just feel sorry for Dag & Redbridge. All they need is Ricky Lambert and they'll be on the edge of the Prem. Must be so frustrating for them :lolol:

Are you thick?

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
To be fair, what Dagenham and Redbridge need is some kind of money from historically questionable sources. Perhaps they should tap up Naomi Campbell to see if she could get access to some Blood diamonds for them?

Are you suggesting the Liebherrs didn't make their money through a perfectly legal company?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
To be honest any banner with reference to the infamous quote is IMHO going to make us look ridiculous. Saints are 13 points clear of us this year and we arn't keeping up. To be fair to Adkins he took the banter well at the Withdean and what was he meant to say, he was just concerned by his team and we had jus gone to St Marys and nicked a point after being outplayed for 90% of the match (even though we missed a pen). Gus is prone to some strange comments at times. Think this needs to be put to rest, I will be gloating like mad to all the locals if we win on Saturday but not before.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Time to move on and forget last season. It spiced things up a bit but that was it. Both managers said silly things but both sets of fans will still back them to the hill over it, as they should.

Saints are clearly the better team this year and deserve respect for that. We both have different agendas this year, Saints are ready for the Premiership now, we need more time to develop and settle at this level. I wish them well as I find them a much more likeable club than a lot of teams in this league.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Time to move on and forget last season. It spiced things up a bit but that was it. Both managers said silly things but both sets of fans will still back them to the hill over it, as they should.

Saints are clearly the better team this year and deserve respect for that. We both have different agendas this year, Saints are ready for the Premiership now, we need more time to develop and settle at this level.

Agreed. And this yr just emphasizes how well we did to finish above them last yr with their players and money etc. I will say one thing though, they (Adkins) started it... We just finished it. But it's gone now - move on... but still hate Adkins of course :)

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Agreed. And this yr just emphasizes how well we did to finish above them last yr with their players and money etc. I will say one thing though, they (Adkins) started it... We just finished it. But it's gone now - move on... but still hate Adkins of course :)

Are you going on Saturday Sheebo. I still owe you 20 sheets. :angry:

Adam_Banana20

Nov 14, 2011
Can you keep up with us?
No...

Adam_Banana20

Nov 14, 2011
It seems not, but
a) we did last season when Adkins was quoted and
b) there is a long way to go yet and football is a FUNNY old game.

Yeah maybe...
Poyet is a sore loser though I don't like him.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Yeah maybe...
Poyet is a sore loser though I don't like him.

Is it me or does Poyet always look like he's on Coke. At the end of each match, he buzzes over to the opposing teams bench with his hand already out long before he's reached his opposite number, jerking his head like a blue tit looking for a worm.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The man is clearly still a f***ing cock what ever anyone says !! **** !!

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
The man is clearly still a f***ing cock what ever anyone says !! **** !!

What a dork you are.

Look, Adkins only real reason for Albion hatred was his 'keep up' comment. At the time he hadn't long been Saints manager and he wanted to send the message that Saints still werent out of the running as far as the title was concerned (tbf if Albion hadn't had such a brilliant run mid season he would have achieved it). At the time I thought the comment was a bit strange - all Saints fans cared about was getting 2nd and out of that division. FFS Nigel worry about the title once were there.

However since then I cant think of a single bad comment he's made. He doesnt really seem to complain about referee decisions and unless im mistaken he didnt really react to the D&R comments or Plymouth game complaint. Many other managers would find it difficult not getting into a war of words. He just gets on with it and has a great attitude towards the game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What a dork you are.

Look, Adkins only real reason for Albion hatred was his 'keep up' comment. At the time he hadn't long been Saints manager and he wanted to send the message that Saints still werent out of the running as far as the title was concerned (tbf if Albion hadn't had such a brilliant run mid season he would have achieved it). At the time I thought the comment was a bit strange - all Saints fans cared about was getting 2nd and out of that division. FFS Nigel worry about the title once were there.

However since then I cant think of a single bad comment he's made. He doesnt really seem to complain about referee decisions and unless im mistaken he didnt really react to the D&R comments or Plymouth game complaint. Many other managers would find it difficult not getting into a war of words. He just gets on with it and has a great attitude towards the game.

He followed it up with the Red Rum comparison, but unfortunately for him we didn't fall at the hurdle.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And he didn't have his team give us the guard of honour. Serious lack of class there.

But for me it isn't what he says, I don't really care about that. It's his demeanour. He just has this look about him that irritates me. Successful manager, annoying face. Not that I let that colour my usual indifference to southampton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here