Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The next 3 games....

Without a doubt, the toughest will be Blackpool. Personally, I think a draw would be an excellent result and would likely still see us well in the mix.

However, if we could nick a win here, I believe the following 2 games are well winable. That said, if we could secure 9 points from the next 3 games, I honestly think the quest for a play off spot would be nearly complete.

I think we can all agree that there are only 3 play off places up for grabs now, with one almost certainly going to one of the current top three.

If could also be argued that all teams as low as Palace could still secure a play off spot. Actually, all teams as low as Ipswich in 16th can get to 78 points which would surely be enough.

However, I think this years race finishes with Leeds.

Results this weekend could see us at 5pm in 4th or 9th spot. A win however would guarantee 5th and could possibly open up a 5 point gap between us and 9th spot.

In other words, I think the realistic play off contenders currently stop with Blackpool. Beat them, and suddenly they are in the same boat as Leeds - ie, bloody difficult.

A win on Saturday could make the play off's a 3 from 5 scenario. A draw, we are still in the mix. Lose, and not only are we beaten for the 1st time this year, and will almost certainly see us depart the top 6, the play off race could easily be a 3 from 9 affair (subject to Palace and Leicester wins)

Soz to ramble, just thinking out loud......

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
if we win the next 3 games we will even look towards an auto!!!

i think a draw saturday would be a massive result.

team selection is crucial.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A draw would be decent as long as we win versus Derby.

A loss would be really demoralising especially if worst comes to worst we drop all the way down to 9th.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
if we win the next 3 games we will even look towards an auto!!!

I agree with this.

Agree with most of what OP says too. Barring upsets (which there will be of course) looks like 2 from 3 for Auto with one of the play off spots reserved for the other leaving 3 spots to play for. Seriously believe only down to Blackpool are genuine contenders despite my fancying Leeds to knock off WHam on Saturday. But I'd rather have the likes of Leeds, Leics and Palarse thinking they have a shot as it'll make the games our more serious challengers have against them that more tricky.

No way is this in our hands yet, we'll have to rely on good fortune elsewhere I think. Nor is sneaking an auto spot out of the question yet ... the next 3 will definitely need to be won though to keep that dream alive

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think it is just as important to look at the matches being played around us... quite a few amongst those with realistic chances of a play off place, so defeat won't necessarily be as demoralising as suggested. Just too many games to be played amongst the top nine/ten.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's gonna be some twist and turns yet

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
I also agree with the op on many of the points made.

I think we'll need 74 points to be in a play off place, if this turns out to be correct we need 5 wins and 1 draw from our remaining 10 games.

Games we should take 3 points from: Derby and Watford
Games we should take at least 1 point from: Forest, M'Boro, Burnley,Reading, Brum
Leaving 5 points required from Blackpool, West Ham and the last game at Barnsley.

Obviously loads of variables but if we better these minimum requirements then happy days. I think it'll go to the wire and we'll have something to play for at Barnsley. What a season!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Middlesbrough have to play Ipswich
West Ham have to play Peterborough
Hull have to play Pompey
Birmingham have to play Burnley

Probably not the answer you were looking for!

Think they will go against us, apart from the Middlesborough game. Ipswich are bang in form at the moment. Could get a draw, or even more.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Middlesbrough have to play Ipswich - Ipswich win
West Ham have to play Peterborough - West Ham win
Hull have to play Pompey - Hull win
Birmingham have to play Burnley - Draw

What i think will happen for those, we would do well to get a draw against Blackpool i think. Ive no idea if we can stay unbeaten in the league in 2012 to the end of the season though, Blackpool will be the biggest test so far for that.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Anyone know who the games in hand are against for Leeds upwards?

Here's all the games left for all teams from Blackpool up .... away games in red

120314Footy.png

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Middlesbrough have to play Ipswich
West Ham have to play Peterborough
Hull have to play Pompey
Birmingham have to play Burnley

Probably not the answer you were looking for!

Definitely not the answer I was looking for! But thanks

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
black pool have a shyte run in and have lost their wheels ........IF gus sets the barrow out right we are more than capable of nicking a win.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I would say the next four games rather than the next three. Two against playoff rivals, one against a midtable and one in a relegation scrap. It's no good getting something from the Blackpool and Boro games if we drop points in the other two

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
NEVER speculate on football, you just cannot predict the outcome of any single match.

(except Swansea v Man City - that was always a nailed-on Swansea win)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's no good getting something from the Blackpool and Boro games if we drop points in the other two
Yes it is. I'd rather beat the rivals and lose the games we'd expect to win, than the other way around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here