Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The next 3 games....

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Personally, I would be very happy with a point at Blackpool and win against Derby from the next two games. Forest away is a tricky prospect, as they appear to have found a teeny bit of form. However, if the Dagger is fit to play a part in all three then anything is possible.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Realistically we cannot afford to lose any one of the last 10 games , have to win against Middlesbrough , West Ham and Reading. The bonus would be Southampton going through a bad patch.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Realistically we cannot afford to lose any one of the last 10 games , have to win against Middlesbrough , West Ham and Reading. The bonus would be Southampton going through a bad patch.

We can afford to lose 4 from our last 10, if we win the other 6 we'll have 76 points and will be in the play off's. (the average points for 6th place last three seasons is 73 points).

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
if we win the next 3 games we will even look towards an auto!!!

i think a draw saturday would be a massive result.

team selection is crucial.

Think we need to win all 10 for automatic promotion - even then, will 88 points be enough?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Really highlights the importance of saturday's game.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
My prediction for the run in looks like this:
Home W3,D1,L1
Away W1,D2,L2
Total points 73
Is that enough? It'll be very close and could come down to goal difference.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
My prediction for the run in looks like this:
Home W3,D1,L1
Away W1,D2,L2
Total points 73
Is that enough? It'll be very close and could come down to goal difference.

I don't think 73 will quite do it and put the line around 75/76. We've heard all season how "anyone can beat anyone" and I think that's going to lead to a very compressed top 7, 8 or 9 ... nobody making any great breakaway so the auto spots will be less than in recent times and I also think that it will come down to GD.

One of the problems of looking at recent trends is that teams come out of good and bad runs ... you could argue that Cardiff, Brum, Blackpool are going to fall out of it but they might chose their next game to end the bad run and go on the assault, similarly was the Reading draw the beginning of the end of a good run or just a minor blip?

Anyway I reckon low 80's for auto ... mid 70's for play offs and we're right in the mix and will be regardless of what happens on Saturday

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
We can afford to lose 4 from our last 10, if we win the other 6 we'll have 76 points and will be in the play off's. (the average points for 6th place last three seasons is 73 points).

If three of those four defeats are against Blackpool, Birmingham and Middlesbrough then I suspect there will be at least 6 teams finishing with more than 76 points. I see where you're coming from, but I really don't think applying it this late in the season is reliable enough for us to be comfortable losing 40% of our remaining games.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
If three of those four defeats are against Blackpool, Birmingham and Middlesbrough then I suspect there will be at least 6 teams finishing with more than 76 points. I see where you're coming from, but I really don't think applying it this late in the season is reliable enough for us to be comfortable losing 40% of our remaining games.

I think in summary what we are all saying is it's going to be very close. It's been a brilliant season whatever the final outcome, be even happier if we take it to the last game at Barnsley.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

If that all happens we will probably go up automatically.

Realistically, 75 points I think will be more than enough for the play-offs. 17 more points, maybe less if we don't lose any 6 pointers to other play off rivals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here