Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The New Road Layout Explained

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there is no way you can push traffic through that little bridge!

We need Lord Bracknell of Beard to explain this

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Looks pretty much right Large One

As you come off the A27 there will be two lanes, one uses the new fly over to head into Brighton, the second (existing lane) will lead to a new junction allowing access to Falmer School and Woolards field as well as still leading to Brighton - this allows youto also turn around and head back to Lewes without having to go into Brighton first by going under the new flyover and head back to the A27

This means that if you are coming along the A27 from Lewes and are being dropped off outside Falmer train station, the driver can use the new road layout to head back towards Lewes without having to turn around by a) heading further into Brighton b)heading to the Hollingbury flyover to turn or c) heading further down the A27 to turn.

The road leading from Brighton up to the A27 will have a traffic signal controlled junction which also connects back to the road into Brighton therefore allowing vehicles to turn around and head back into Brighton without having to go onto the A27 and then over the current bridge on the Falmer to Woodingdean road by going under the new fly over being built and connecting to the road leading to Brighton.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Public transport is not an option!

It will be when B&H Buses buy more bendies with a frequent limited stop service on matchdays between Churchill Sq , Old Steine and Falmer plus additional buses between Brighton Station and Falmer.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Nice - that's how I see it too. So that little bridge under the railway is going to get a bit of traffic - but no more than Mill Road for the current Park & Ride I suspect.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
One thing.

I presume people driving along the A27 from the west will have to make the 90º left turn into Sussex University, rather than using the filter road from Stanmer Park. Or they take the Falmer slip road, and turn left into Sussex University at the top of the hill.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The bridge is wide enough for one line of traffic as it is, otherwise there wouldn't be a bloody road the other side.

One way in before the game, one way out after.

Simples

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Depends how they think we'll play. Second thoughts?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was thinking more of traffic jams with people trying to get into the road and again after the game......I know having events at Falmer, even with e few cars its a bloody nightmare trying to get in and out!

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I THINK, using your colours (not FIFA's), this is the road access and egress from car parking at Falmer School.

Red - from Lewes
Orange - back to Lewes
Green - from Brighton
Blue - back to Brighton

Pale blue - railway line

View attachment 17083

Very nearly right, except that people from Brighton will have the choice of turning either right or left ( into Uni car parks, or into Falmer school car park), and the same goes for people coming in from Lewes.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was thinking more of traffic jams with people trying to get into the road and again after the game......I know having events at Falmer, even with e few cars its a bloody nightmare trying to get in and out!

It took us 45 minutes to get out of the stadium car park at Milton Keynes and the crowd was only 10,000 :mad:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

It's all down to whether you're a STH or not.

STHs have priority over non-STHs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's all down to whether you're a STH or not.

STHs have priority over non-STHs.

Dont non platinum and gold season ticket holders have to use public transport as they will be refused entry into the Uni and Falmer School car parks due to the limited availability ?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I don't know, but they have to 'doff their caps as they enter the stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here