Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The New Radiohead Album - How Much?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
How much will you pay for the new honesty box Radiohead album? I paid a tenner, as I would have bought it anyway, but me mate Dave is only paying £1.50.

What have you/will you pay?

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
Maybe £1-2 now and then get it in the shops on a PROPER cd when it comes out. Cos the book will have the words in, and all in a shiny case.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I won't. My sister paid 76p to round her bank balance down to a round number.

I saw lots of people were putting 00.00.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It is an interesting concept. In Germany there are a number of 'honesty' bars where you pay what you feel the drinks were worth. The bar I know in Berlin is incredibly poplular and has been trading on this basis for a few years.

Sadly, the British psyche of either exploiting people or trying to get something for nothing will mean this idea will not work in the UK.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
i paid 10p.

but that's only because i put '1' in the pence column, instead of '01'.

will buy the proper cd if they release it in the shops (but i don't think they're going to), and will try and see them live again.

How much will you pay for the new honesty box Radiohead album? I paid a tenner, as I would have bought it anyway, but me mate Dave is only paying £1.50.

What have you/will you pay?

where is the link to this ?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I really like this album. Was not expecting to after the last 2 but this is good stuff

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I have to say after a few previous 'dubious' albums this one is f***ing superb. Can't stop playing it - it's different to much of what they've done before but they havent gone off at a complete tangent (like Tom's solo effort - The Eraser). It makes most other albums this year seem shite in comparison, and I'm not a big Radiohead fan either.

I downloaded it for free as I've pre-ordered the box set due in December.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
i liked it the first time i listened to it which is a little worrying as most albums destined to become long time favourites usually take a while to grow on me.

It looks, at first glance, to be a prime way for an artist to shoot themselves in the foot. However, they probably make more from this - not least from the publicity their otherwise-waning/forgotten career has got from it.
Also, after manufacture, packaging, distribution and VAT, they probably only ever see a few pence from each regularly-released cd sold anyway!

It's also a blow for reviewers who sell their very-early pre-release promos, and pre-empts the wait while word-of-mouth among the hardened fans (and as I said above, they were declining) gets around.
Kids asked to fork out £11 to £17 for a CD would probably not have been falling over themselves in Radiohead fever.

It's an even better idea than The Clash did with 'Sandanista'.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I hope sales volumes and average sales price figures are published at some point as it will make interesting reading.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
they probably make more from this - not least from the publicity their otherwise-waning/forgotten career has got from it.

hardly. they continue to sell out massive arenas, receive critical acclaim, and command an ever-growing, loyal fanbase.

methinks you are criticising what you can't understand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here