Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The New Radiohead Album - How Much?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
A really good album, Took me three or four listens to properly get into it now I think it is my fav album of this yeat already. Great stuff and a proper Radiohead album.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
they do have a habit of playing venues, the capacity of which comes nowhere near meeting demand. they have been inactive - and the new album, though excellent, may not translate easily into a live experience - but radiohead have an army of devoted fans, and their music DOES continue to get critical acclaim.

they may not be as big as they were in 1999, but to hint that they are 'on the way out' i think is just wrong.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
they do have a habit of playing venues, the capacity of which comes nowhere near meeting demand. they have been inactive - and the new album, though excellent, may not translate easily into a live experience - but radiohead have an army of devoted fans, and their music DOES continue to get critical acclaim.

they may not be as big as they were in 1999, but to hint that they are 'on the way out' i think is just wrong.

Pretty much sums it up, I last saw them at Earls court a couple of years ago when they were promoting the last album which although good didn't do particularly well and they sold out the venue for two nights in a matter of minutes when they went on sale. This latest album will have a wider audience due to the way its being distributed and the actual album is much better so I would bet if they did a similar tour now it would sell out in no time at all.

Tesco in Disguise

Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I hope sales volumes and average sales price figures are published at some point as it will make interesting reading.

a survey suggests that a third of downloads were done for free, and the average price paid was £4.

Tesco in Disguise

Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
i seem to remember them selling out their 'big ask' concert in 15 seconds.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
As an aside to this whole subject, I'm actually quite pissed off about the whole download thing. Pablo Honey excepted, I've bought every Radiohead album on the day of release until this latest offering. I don't like downloading music, and whilst I accept that it may represent good value if you're a collector, I resent paying £40 for a physical product the majority of which consists of stuff that I don't want.

I don't want two copies of the same album on two different formats, I don't necessarily want a CD of extra songs, a lyrics booklet (that has been standard in every Radiohead album so far), a few bits of artwork or a big box to keep the whole lot in.

Yes, maybe I should get with the times, but the fact is I just want is to be able to go to a record shop and buy the album, preferably on vinyl (although I wouldn't moan if a CD was the only option), for £15, rather than be forced to shell out £40 for an album and the extraneous stuff that comes with it.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
You'll have to wait until January then as they are proposing a proper CD release for then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here