Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The New Players

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
McNulty is quality and can see us at least doubling our money in a couple of years wants the ball, looks calm when in possession and can defend.
Davies will be alright when he is up top with Murray or Forster he is a grafter throws himself around and hassles the defence give him a chance

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Teddy Maybank

Feb 23, 2009
Davies - 7 low in confidence
Birchill - 6
Jarrett - 7 best central midfielder we have had since Hammond.
Carole - 7
Andrew - 7
Mc Nulty - 9

Our squad is far stronger now than it has been for years. It is desperately low in confidence, leadership of the field. We need coaches and an intelligent strong manager. Despite the playing staff, the club, and management have completely lost their way. I can't remember a more empty season with so much negativity comming from the fans. It wasn't that long ago that we had such a good rep. It's all getting a little sad and pathetic.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
After a few games whats the verdict on the new players ?.

Craig Davies - waste of space, could not score in a brothel 2.4

Calvin Andrew - looked mustard in his first game and then played out of position, what is he doing now, working in the catering Vans ?. 6.7

Jim McNulty - dissapointing, showed some signs of life today before going off, jury is out 5.2

Burchill - huff and puff but no end product 3.8

Sebastian Carole - good to watch but no end product again 4.9

Jarrett - he may as well have put a red shirt on today as he was playing for them wasn't he ?, Totally useless 1.6

Overall 4.1

You really are a miserable old bugger.

Last edited:

Mcnulty had been good and will come good as i believe davies will. carole isnt that great and is one of those could do a job players and birchall is poor for 99% of the game until he makes a crucial pass so maybe play him down the middle. Andrew is a football league donkey and jarret slows everything down a bit but is a good player.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
After a few games whats the verdict on the new players ?.

Calvin Andrew - looked mustard in his first game and then played out of position, what is he doing now, working in the catering Vans ?. 6.7

Jim McNulty - dissapointing, showed some signs of life today before going off, jury is out 5.2

Burchill - huff and puff but no end product 3.8

Sebastian Carole - good to watch but no end product again 4.9

Jarrett - he may as well have put a red shirt on today as he was playing for them wasn't he ?, Totally useless 1.6

Overall 4.1

If you haven't seen McNulty's quality then you either aren't going to games or you have no clue about football. As for the others they have been here for a short time and aren't exactly coming into a great situation but why not slag them all off? You really are quite a bitter person but judging by your views on Murray nobody should take your opinion seriously.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Craig Davies does not appear to be a natural goalscorer as we were lead to believe he was but will prove a good foil for Forster or Murray as he is a nuisance to other teams defences.

Chris Birchall should be played as a creative midfielder where he is at his best.

Jason Jarrett as somebody else said the best central midfielder that we have for a long time possibly since Carpenter and Rogers.

Calvin Andrews looked good on his first game but has been injured so cannot really analyse him.

Seb Carole; Good player when the team is playing well a bit of a luxury at the moment.

Jim McNulty: Save the best to last a real diamond a brilliant move by DK to bring him in he will go on to be a godsend for us and help us get into the championship. We saw what happened today when he went off.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
OK. We were shit today, i dont think anybody disagrees with that.

Just imagine your the players and you lose 4-0 to a relegation rival, and then the whole of the withdean cheers and shouts 'We are Brighton......'. Then they would get some confidence and then LIKE to play at home. At the moment if i was a player i would be shitting myself everytime i touched the ball. I know its faily bary land. But i think it could work. (although loseing 4-0 at home does not deserve a clap. But im sure it would help.)I seriously think its the only way.

The club said it earlier in the season but it was dismissed as and excuse.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Unless by "a brothel" you mean Withdean Stadium, where he has scored. Unlike a lot of our players this season. Which is why we are where we are. Twat

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1 goals in 7 games. TWAT.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
1 goals in 7 games. TWAT.

And that couldn't possibly have something to do with the rest of the team, no? By the way I am not going to do the maths, but there is no way he has played 7 games for us...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No TWAT, slipping there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
McLeod

Go to any park tomorrow morning and you will see better quality than he was today.

I cannot understand how we play him, very poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here