Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The new kit

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Why can't we have this?

View attachment 136910

Because the Premier League numbers only come in 5 colours. It's silly IMO.

Screenshot 2021-05-20 113934.png

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Identical to the one we had a few seasons ago isn’t it?

Regardless of whether we like the kit or not - the club have some brass neck having a new kit this year. We’ve barely kicked a ball in front of fans in this seasons shirt. All outspoken about the ESL - ‘it’s all about the fans’ says Barber, then wants the same fans to fork out another £50 for the new shirt...

Absolute liberty in my opinion.

And yet I'm willing you'll be one of the first ones moaning about a perceived lack of transfer budget if we don't go straight out and bid £40m for a new striker in a couple of weeks.

Clubs have lost millions and millions in revenue due to the pandemic: can anyone blame them for trying to maximise opportunities to raise cash? In fact, we're one of the few clubs not to launch three new kits a season: we always tend to roll over the old away shirt for a third kit. Liverpool, Man United, City etc: they'll all be punting out three brand new shirts in the next month or so, in some cases probably four (to include a special one off Champions shirt or leisure shirt or designer version)

You don't have to buy a replica shirt: you know that?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And yet I'm willing you'll be one of the first ones moaning about a perceived lack of transfer budget if we don't go straight out and bid £40m for a new striker in a couple of weeks.

Clubs have lost millions and millions in revenue due to the pandemic: can anyone blame them for trying to maximise opportunities to raise cash? In fact, we're one of the few clubs not to launch three new kits a season: we always tend to roll over the old away shirt for a third kit. Liverpool, Man United, City etc: they'll all be punting out three brand new shirts in the next month or so, in some cases probably four (to include a special one off Champions shirt or leisure shirt or designer version)

Nailed

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

Interesting assumption to make considering I have never once complained about transfer budgets or lack thereof. I'm happy to be corrected but I really doubt shirt sales make much of a contribution to the transfer kitty.

I get the economic logistics of it all and no I don't blame anyone for trying to recoup some of the losses. My issue is the club being so outspoken on the ESL and pretending it is the fans that really matter to them - we ain't. We are customers and not much more, and I would rather the club be honest and admit that.

I hate to use Burnley as an example of showing the fans are at the heart of their club - but the small gesture from them by letting fans attend their game with Liverpool for free spoke volumes. Instead we all pay full wack and get a new shirt/kit that costs a small fortune to buy and personalise if that's your bag. There was an opportunity here for the club to show their appreciation for the fans. Perhaps they could have kept last seasons kit, and laid out an offer where you can order that and get the away kit for half price? That would have been an earner and saved the man on the street a few quid. There are plenty of ways for the club to generate revenue that is beneficial to the club AND the supporters. Instead of this one way street where we are fleeced for every last penny we work for, but occasionally get the odd free cheap flag on our seats to take home at the end of the season, or a shit keyring with the ST pack. Those of us who go every week and spend a LOT of dough do not get very much back from the club in my opinion.

I know I don't have to buy a shirt - I haven't bought one since I was a teenager as I personally don't fancy wearing a replica kit to games. But I do have a son who wants the up to date kit every year. I can afford it - but there are many out there who cannot, and quite frankly they are being taken the piss out of.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
While I understand the Club keeping the stadium shop closed through COVID to protect the bubble or whatever, I don't understand why a pop up shop never appeared anywhere when shops could open.
I personally prefer to buy in person rather than online along with no doubt many others and I think the decision to close the outlet without an alternative cost the club a fair wedge when it needed it most.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think the pre order thing shuts this week? Anyone got any idea when the kit will actually be physically in the shop to go in and buy? (Assuming the shops open!)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
While I understand the Club keeping the stadium shop closed through COVID to protect the bubble or whatever, I don't understand why a pop up shop never appeared anywhere when shops could open.
I personally prefer to buy in person rather than online along with no doubt many others and I think the decision to close the outlet without an alternative cost the club a fair wedge when it needed it most.

I think It did. In Churchill Square.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1863330/churchill-square-pop-up-shop-now-open/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here