Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The new kit

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Admittedly, it won't be a classic, but we appear to have got off lightly this year with regards to superfluous detailing from Nike work experience kids - and so for that I'm thankful.

I was fully expecting some horrendous 'new twist' on a blue and white stripped shirt, such as using remnants gathered from the scrap material bin to create sleeves in a completely different colourway. Or doubling-down on this seasons horrendous collar by giving us a Georgian ruff as a nod to Brighton's Regency heritage. But remarkably it is just a fairly simple blue and white stripped shirt and that will do for me until we can get a proper supplier like Adidas.

Last edited:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
According to this article UEFA banned striped shirts with solid backs. Was supposed to have come into effect for their competitions in the 2019/20 season.

View attachment 136896

https://cdn.footyheadlines.com/amp/5934280343211956447

Newcastle have them.

c035505538aadab917f9b2dfb8056015.jpg

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's not perfect (couldn't there be day-glo numbers on stripes to remove the problem of the blank panel?) but it's about a million times better than the last kit, and is the best since the 2011-13 kit. Maybe even better.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Prefer the blue one if I'm honest.

Edit: Would look better with a red number on stripes like the old days.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Think it would be better to have full stripes on the back with gold numbers.
Agree. Or red numbers.

Clubs like Newcastle appear to be allowed to have numbers printed on the stripes - for some reason 'the laws' (the same ones) mean we can't. Those rules seem to stipulate that the Albion must have a bloody great monochrome square on their backs.

No, I don't know either - ask PB or our sponsors or someone. Anyone?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Newcastle have them.

c035505538aadab917f9b2dfb8056015.jpg

Sorry, but that looks very much like a striped back to me, not a solid one. Of course, I know we have to cater for the colour blind, but I don't think black/white colour blindness is a recognised version.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
The collar looks awful.

The back square looks stupid.

Blue pinstripe was much, much better.

Sorry Mr Barber, you’ll not be getting my £52 for that poor effort.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It just looks like a slight amend to the two kits before the current one with a slightly annoying v neck and a block of blue on the back that s slightly too big.

I happy the stripes are back but surely there has to be license for a bit more creativity.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I was never a fan of the pinstripes so delighted it has now gone. Back to Traditional blue & white stripes and blue shorts - what’s not to like! :albion2:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Looks better in the promo shots than on pitch IMO with the blue back just making it feel a bit unbalanced. I also still think the non-elite Nike kits have a terrible fit when you compare them to other brands. But from the front, it's about as good as it gets.

Also, I don't want to brag.... But it does bear a striking resemblance to MY DESIGN WHICH THEY STOLE.

:eek:
attachment.php

Why can't we have this?

shirt.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here